Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who should the top 6 target this transfer window?
legends16 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

Comment the player that each of the top 6 teams need to sign in the January the most.

My List:

1. Man City - Jonny Evans. Ok, admittedly the citizens barely need any reinforcements currently but if anywhere could be strengthened it's their central defence. Evans would add good physicality to Guardiola's side, although West Brom will be desperate to keep hold of their captain considering their precarious position in the relegation zone.

2. Chelsea - Aubameyang. Linked with us in the summer before we signed Morata, the rumours tying him with a move to us just won't go away. We haven't been clinical enough in recent games and desperately need a second striker. Not only do we need someone who can come on as an impact sub and grab a matchwining goal in stalemates like in the game against Everton, but there is no way Morata can play every minute of Pl and Cl, not to mention the other 2 cups we are still in. Arguably securing new deals for Courtois and Hazard even more important though. Otherwise we still need backup in the LWB position, so Alex Sandro would be a good buy.

3. Manchester United - Mesut Ozil . Man U is a tough one, as despite what Mou might say about them not being able to compete without spending as much as City, they have a really strong squad that should realistically be putting the pressure on City and sustaining a title challenge. Given the poor form of Mkhi this season and inconsistency since he came, Mou may want to get wantaway Ozil to inject creativity into his side. They should be able to snag for a bargain too if Arsenal are willing to sell, as his little left to run on his contract.

4. Liverpool - Thomas Lemar. The player they needed the most was definitely van Dijk, so kudos to Klopp for getting him. Tbh, now keeping Coutinho has got to be the priority here. However, if you take it as inevitable that he will eventually go to Barca Liverpool would do well to look to the future and who they should sign to replace him. Imho, they would be best of with the promising young talent of Lemar. They would do well to sign another defender though, as good as van Dijk is he won't solve all their defensive instabilities just like that.

5. Arsenal - Thomas Lemar. Similarly to Liverpool, they are facing the inevitability of losing one of their best players and need to prepare for life after Sanchez. In Arsenal's case though, it will be a good thing for both parties involved, as Sanchez is splitting the dressing room. A move to PSG would be the ideal thing for Arsenal, and they will probably want to focus on trying to sell him now before he becomes a free agent in the summer. Lemar will give them he same versatility as they had with Sanchez, as he plays comfortably all accros the front line, and would be a sound investment for the future given he is just 22.

6. Spurs - Ross Barkeley. Not really urgent, as they have a strong squad and have quality in all areas of the pitch. Will just want to finish up the business with Barkeley who has been a target for a long time.
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Comment the player that each of the top 6 teams need to sign in the January the most.

My List:

1. Man City - Jonny Evans. Ok, admittedly the citizens barely need any reinforcements currently but if anywhere could be strengthened it's their central defence. Evans would add good physicality to Guardiola's side, although West Brom will be desperate to keep hold of their captain considering their precarious position in the relegation zone.

2. Chelsea - Aubameyang. Linked with us in the summer before we signed Morata, the rumours tying him with a move to us just won't go away. We haven't been clinical enough in recent games and desperately need a second striker. Not only do we need someone who can come on as an impact sub and grab a matchwining goal in stalemates like in the game against Everton, but there is no way Morata can play every minute of Pl and Cl, not to mention the other 2 cups we are still in. Arguably securing new deals for Courtois and Hazard even more important though. Otherwise we still need backup in the LWB position, so Alex Sandro would be a good buy.

3. Manchester United - Mesut Ozil . Man U is a tough one, as despite what Mou might say about them not being able to compete without spending as much as City, they have a really strong squad that should realistically be putting the pressure on City and sustaining a title challenge. Given the poor form of Mkhi this season and inconsistency since he came, Mou may want to get wantaway Ozil to inject creativity into his side. They should be able to snag for a bargain too if Arsenal are willing to sell, as his little left to run on his contract.

4. Liverpool - Thomas Lemar. The player they needed the most was definitely van Dijk, so kudos to Klopp for getting him. Tbh, now keeping Coutinho has got to be the priority here. However, if you take it as inevitable that he will eventually go to Barca Liverpool would do well to look to the future and who they should sign to replace him. Imho, they would be best of with the promising young talent of Lemar. They would do well to sign another defender though, as good as van Dijk is he won't solve all their defensive instabilities just like that.

5. Arsenal - Thomas Lemar. Similarly to Liverpool, they are facing the inevitability of losing one of their best players and need to prepare for life after Sanchez. In Arsenal's case though, it will be a good thing for both parties involved, as Sanchez is splitting the dressing room. A move to PSG would be the ideal thing for Arsenal, and they will probably want to focus on trying to sell him now before he becomes a free agent in the summer. Lemar will give them he same versatility as they had with Sanchez, as he plays comfortably all accros the front line, and would be a sound investment for the future given he is just 22.

6. Spurs - Ross Barkeley. Not really urgent, as they have a strong squad and have quality in all areas of the pitch. Will just want to finish up the business with Barkeley who has been a long term target.
Comments
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I think this is the first transfer window where I have no idea who we should sign. New contracts for Courtois and Hazard should be the focus. We're linked with Vidal and Barkley when we already have Baka and Drinkwater on the bench (in the 3-4-3), I don't rate Leon Bailey, and I don't see Michy leaving this window so there's no room for a striker, but Michy has to leave soon.

Wouldn't mind signing Vardy and Mahrez in the summer.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don’t want Lemar, especially not for 90 million. Much rather get someone else that players more like Sanchez.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

A CB and maybe another LB for City, a midfielder for United, a defender for United (someone creative who can play box-to-box maybe but mostly in a offensive role), a goalkeeper for Liverpool and a winger for Arsenal, there is the priority imo for each team. Tottenham could propably strenghten their depth but what they would need the most otherwise is a bit of experience and of winning mentality to try and help them maintain their form and get back when thing aren't going well.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

we need Mahrez.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

We need a new coach!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn enter image description here

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@tuan

For the record, couldn't disagree with you more.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Sun: uhmn, heheh relax. But tell me why, will you?

Just to avoid all unnecessary discussion, I am all behind the team and the manager.

I know you are behind some of Mourinho's decisions, which some I agree and some I dont. But let me tell what I think, may be "need a new manager" is just a banter and a bit exaggerated for fun, but there are so much more problems with Mourinho and his recent dilemma regarding buying players and can't compete with MC blah blah (which is this thread is very related to aka. transfer):

Mou's tactic is very dull recently in term of attacking, our squad is deep and quite solid, we need upgrade here and there, absolutely. But's utter bullshit the way Mou's describe it now and how we are playing (in the last few games)..

His way of motivation (which you sometimes refer to which works), are debatable, some very childish, and I do not see them working at this moment.

Get attention from the media... to evade the distraction away from his players does not exactly working, since he tends to blame or mention directly his players (may be played by the reporter)...

It would be foolish, IMO, to think with 300+ mil spent and we dont have half a decent squad which can show identity, ambition and style...

I hope he get the team's confidents back and start to show our identity, motivate the right players, or get them back on track.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Tactics: I don't care. I honestly don't. I want to Manchester United to become the team that can win things and other teams fear. Mou has come closer to that by far than the two who came before him, and anyone I could predict coming in the future.

Motivation: Martial, Shaw, and Lingard have all performed much better. Miki is the only one who has not seemed to benefit from Mou's motivational trips.

Media: While the "mind games" meme is admittedly overused, his absolute lack of respect towards Paul Scholes the other day rubbed me in all the right ways. Manchester United will never be again what Sir Alex created. It can't. We've seen the attempts, and all they did was relegate us from elite status to little more than a joke. I am aware of what happened to Liverpool and can see with my own two eyes what is happening to AC Milan. I have no wish to see that happen at the club I love.

Money: Again, I don't find this relevant. Manchester United would have spent money if Mou was here or not. We spent it poorly in past years, and while not everything has worked out so far under Mou, I much prefer what has happened now.

But the biggest mistake of all in my mind that you have made is this?

It would be foolish, IMO, to think with 300+ mil spent and we dont have half a decent squad which can show identity, ambition and style...

You think, that we don't have a half decent squad that shows identity, ambition, or style.

Identity: This team has an identity. It's Mou. If it is a Mou team, you know. The identity United has now is that of Mou's Chelsea, Real, and Inter sides. That was inevitable from the moment he was hired. Whether or not you like it is immartial to this, what matters is that it exists.

Ambition: Hahahahaha

Style: The style goes the same way as the identity.

I guess the end point is that we're in a competitive place in the league (will probably be 2nd or 3rd), and have topped our group and are going to the UCL knockouts and facing a very beatable Sevilla side. While under Sir Alex, I understand this would hardly have been deemed fantastic. But that is not the world we live in anymore. We live in the world where we've finished in the top 4 of the league once in the past FOUR SEASONS. We live in a world where the last time we went to the UCL, we got knocked out in the group stage by a combination of Wolfsburg and PSV. We live in a world where the only trophies we have won have come from Mou and a single FA Cup won by LVG.

Welcome to reality. I think it's here to stay, and Mou is the best reality I've had in a long time with United.

I did not intend for this to be this long.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Personally, I feel there are a lot of thing wrong with your point but the worse in all is this:

immartial

I'm really not convinced its the word you wanted to use. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Man City - Jonny Evans. Hahaha seriously? :D
The last thing City needs is another defender, I would think maybe someone that is a better backup for Silva,De Bruyne since they only(lol) have Gundogan.

Chelsea would sure benefit of a great striker but I think Alex Sandro is the primary target since Alonso will be too tired.
Also the lack of home grown players is almost a real problem.

Man United getting Özil is not realistic. I think they also need a striker tbh.

Liverpool and Arsenal going for the same target...Not even sure if they can keep Coutinho/Alexis so Lemar could solve that problem for at least one of them?

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Is Aaron Creswell available?

Alonso just needs competition, not a replacement, and Creswell is brilliant and he's homegrown. He's 28 now so I wonder if he's happy to play rotation at this point in his career and be part of a team competing for trophies.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Agreed.... Alonso just needs a solid player who can compete with him for the place... and can also fit in well as a rotation player or fill in for injuries on the left.

Other wise Chelsea are quite strong all round atm.. and if everyone playing on form... then i think we have a real chance against Barcelona in the round of 16... but it does all depend on how well the top players (Hazard, Morata, Fabregas) are playing.. because we definitely have capable enough players to beat them.

Also.. Batshuyi needs to up his game on a regular basis..

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@OnceABlue I doubt Bats will stay for another season though, he clearly not getting enough game and not being good enough. He does score some important goal from time to time though. Like that winner against West Brom. :P

@Golazo Well, they already have Otamendi, Stones, Kompany and Mangala but Kompany is very often injured and is starting to degrade while Mangala is not the right level at all for the team, so it mean they could still strenghten their debt if only to make sure they got a quality player to replace Otamendi or Stones if something happen to either of them or if they need some rest. But I agree someone to replace Silva or De Bruyne if they are injured would be good. Gundogan is decent enough but he is injury prone after all.