Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who will replace Wenger?
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

I know there's already been a topic about Wenger quitting posted... but I would like to have a thread about his successors.

Who do you think will replace Wenger?

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Just gonna talk about the managers mentioned in this thread. It's a big decision, and the club better get it right.

Patrick Vieira

Passionate as a player on the pitch, presumably as a manager. Would love him at Arsenal, but not ready at the moment.

Rafa Benitez

Not good enough imo, we should learn from RM's mistake.

Tuchel

Would like him, but he's going PSG.

Marco Silva

A massive test, did well in his career but like Vieira I don't feel he's ready.

Laurent Blanc

I haven't heard too many rumours, and I don't think he will come.

Rodgers

Lol.

Henry

Not ready

Arteta

Again not ready

Massimiliano Allegri

Would completely love it if he comes, but I feel he wants to stay at Juventus, which is understandable.

Sarri

Like Blanc, I haven't heard too many rumours, and I don't think he will come.

Favre

Not good enough imo

Simeone

Not the biggest fan of his football tbh, but if the board care about someone that can come and simply get results there is no better alternative than Diego Simeone. An excellent manager who can certainly improve Arsenal FC.

Carlo Ancelotti

Simply no. I don't want Carlo. I loved him at Milan and PSG, but this guy is like Wenger. Outdated plans, tactics and methods. BM second season was terrible until Jupp came. I don't want to sound like a hater but this guy is really overrated. Don't want him near Arsenal.

Antonio Conte

I was a big fan of his after he led Chelsea to the title, but I'm not so sure on him now, simply because of 3ATB. If 3ATB doesn't work, Conte doesn't work. Rather have someone who can adapt to certain situations.

Luis Enrique

Result is one thing, but Enrique's football is one of the greatest things ever. I really loved his ways at Barcelona 2014-17, simply due to him creating MSN, amazing midfield and extremely tactical and versatile. I probably loved his football just as much as Pep's maybe slightly even more. However, I want someone who can stay at the club 6+ plus years, Enrique can't go more than 3 years without needing a break.

And my pick goes to..

Jardim

This guy himself, I don't get why no club has attempted to get him. He will totally suit Arsenal. Arsenal's biggest problem besides poor tactics were the fact that players were not developing. Mustafi came and became worse, Bellerin is the exact same from when he was promoted, Xhaka has still not met his potential, Iwobi still can't shoot, Kolasinac is not getting gametime... I have no doubt Jardim will get the best out of these guys and make them better. This is the same guy who led them to a title with Monaco, and a semi final with a team with 0 experience + Bakayoko in midfield (sorry I had to :). I am not asking us to suddenly become world best, but slowly get to that level like Juventus has. Not to mention Jardim himself is very young. He is still developing players like Rony Lopes... I know this doesn't mean much, but he has managed Monaco, something Arsene Wenger has too. Please make it happen, this is very realistic also.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@amir Jardim could be a reallist target, it will depend however if the board dare to approach him despite him still having a contract with Monaco and if Monaco are ready to let him leave.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir Jardim could be a reallist target, it will depend however if the board dare to approach him despite him still being linked with Monaco and if Monaco are ready to let him leave.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Suprise suprise, Rui Faria, Jose Mourinho long-time assistant has been linked with the job at Arsenal. If this happen, this will certainly keep the Manchester United vs Arsenal games interesting.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo No, that's a bad idea. as much as mustafi and koscielny had much blunders, I don't want arsenal to park the bus. wenger ask the club to keep their identity and philosophy.

538 11432

@baldgenius I also not a fan of the idea but its an interesting thought. Beside, maybe Mou assistant wouldn't play exactly like his mentor. :P

• History

@baldgenius I also not a fan of the idea but its an interesting thought.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Luis Enrique ruled out by Arsenal board :
Updated short list : Max Allegri, Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira, Leonardo Jardim and Julian Nagelsmann.

Don’t know why they are approaching Jardim and Allegri ? Both are well settled in their clubs...

From the names listed seems that The owner wants a coach that doesn’t spend much on transfer, Jardim is a builder, a youth developer. Allegri does well with what he has, others are still starters of high level...

Wenger replacement will be with Neymar saga chapter 2 the main events of the next mercato.
If PSG gets abused by Neymar, it will be really funny but Neymar will turn into public ennemy at Cataluna, specially during Clasicos...

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

If I was board, I'd give it all for getting Jardim. Fits right in and matches all Arsenal needs. Allegri is settled in one of best teams in the world, chances for him to actually come to Arsenal are IMO very low.

I think Jardim with Henry as assistant would be very good for Arsenal. And I think getting Arteta or Vieira so quick on the position isn't smart.

Well, same could be said about Nagelsmann but it is obvious he has all the talent in the world, he is smart, good man-manager and tactician, likes attacking football and ffs he was 29 when he took over Hoffenheim. Won't predict but I think he needs to build Hoffenheim project for more years and then decide about his future.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, how is arteta ahead of enrique? I know he is pep's assistant but I don't think he had enough experience yet. btw, my favs are Jardim and Nagelsmann. both are smart tactician and attacking football. since the team lacks discipline, I am not sure if they really prefer nagelsmann tho. the good news is no brendan rodgers.

538 11432

@Croatian About Allegri, he did say once that he would like to take over Arsenal one day and beside, he really got nothing to prove anymore at Juventus (well, he haven't won CL but he certainly did all he could already imo). However I agree about the rest of what you said.

@baldgenius Enrique was ruled out, maybe not because they didn't wanted him, maybe because his demand were too high.

• History

@Croatian About Allegri, he did say once that he would like to take over Arsenal one day and beside, he really got nothing to prove anymore at Juventus (well, he haven't won CL but he certainly did all he could already imo). However I agree about the rest of what you said.

@baldgenius He was ruled out, maybe not because they didn't wanted him, maybe because his demand were too high.

kenkichiotaka 6 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Tuchel?

kenkichiotaka 6 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Oh, didn't know that! Then I'd say Allegri! Arsenal fans seem to have been craving for him recently (Based on Arsenal fan tv, lol).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@kenki Will really depend on wether or not he desire to win CL with Juventus but if what he was saying about wanting to train Arsenal was true, then its going to be interesting for sure to see what happen.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

kenkichiotaka

Arsenal fans seem to have been craving for him recently (Based on Arsenal fan tv, lol).

Lol. I don't really think that will happen. This is not career mode on fifa, where you can just get anyone. Not to mention Arsenal is not in CL. Juve are one of the best teams in world football. I'd love him, but too unrealistic, especially without CL football and little budget.

Some fans on the same platform want Carlo, and trust me I'd rather want Wenger to stay. I'm actually serious, CA would mess up far more than Wenger, not to mention he is really bad at Leagues after the first season. I did not like the way he played at RM and BM second season, and personally I think both sackings were fully deserved. He is finished, like Wenger. Some fans, like Troopz and Claude, your better off not listening to.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Letting your current manager to choose successor is a same mistake that United did but I am just hear to remind you how that went well :))

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Viera should take over he was not that bad in MLS.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Damn, what is Jeff Bezos doing welcoming Unai to Arsenal?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

lol I was never a big fan of Emery and now he goes to Arsenal... He knew I support them in EPL XD

• History

lol I was never a big fan of Emery and now he goes to Arsenal... He knew I supprot them XD