Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who will win Champions League
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Making a Poll to See who Footyroom thinks will win the Champions League.

After The UCL Final on Jun 3rd 2017, I will dig this Thread up and we can see who was right. Add your choice at the bottom as well in a Comment , and if you want to say who you think will win vs who you want to win please do!

Also added a Poll in comments about who you want to Win UCL

Who Will Win the 2016/2017 Champions League Final In Cardiff

VOTING IN THIS POLL HAS CLOSED

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After The UCL Final on Jun 3rd 2017, I will dig this Thread up and we can see who was right. Add your choice at the bottom as well in a Comment , and if you want to say who you think will win vs who you want to win please do!

Also added a Poll in comments about who you want to Win UCL

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Here you can vote for who you want to win champions league

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Bayern or Atleti.

Real are obviously favorites, but no one's ever won it twice in a row. The only team that knocks out Atleti is Real, so there's that possibility. Bayern have lost Pep, who doomed them in the CL over and over again, while adding Carlo who specializes in those later rounds.

Juventus are ticking right along this season as well. I expect to see them in the semis at least.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

There's a few dark horses in my opinion. Napoli can do something against Madrid, Sevilla can certainly make it far, and Juventus of course. I wouldn't be surprised if Juventus lifts the champions League, they can be off for a few days, but still are a beast team. I will also like to say Barcelona is a dark horse, Gomes is slowly improving his game, Iniesta and Rakitic are being resiticted game time potenially for Champions League, Umtiti is also slowly improving his game. Digne could also potentially be an asset. I don't get why they bought Alcacer. They could play Messi up front, or even play Munir, he was simply better than Alcacer.

I'm going Real or Atletico for the final. I'm swaying to Atletico, as it seems quite a few teams are sacrificing the league for Champions League, as the pressure has gotten to them, especially in Atletico's case. Real can of course do something, but I feel they will be going for La Liga, as the risk for winning something in Madrid is high, and they are probably not willing to go for Champions League.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Arsenal can certainly beat Bayern Munich if we keep up the form we had before the Tottenham match, and play like we did this season in Champions League, but it's probably too soon to talk about Champions League.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Who I want to win? Leicester. Who is more likely to win it? Real Madrid.

Imagine if Leicester wins the CL, whoever is 4th in the league will be extremely disappointed it's already a hard fight in top 6.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bloody impossible to tell. A lot of teams would be neck-to-neck if they were in a two legged tie. Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Bayern... all four of these are really difficult to separate from each other. And then there's Man City, PSG, and Juventus who can all upset the big boys.

amir_keal 7 years ago

To be perfectly honest, I don't see City even beating Monaco. PSG have also not been as good with Emery. I agree with Juventus, Allegri could do something similar to 2015.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I hope Ancelotti does his job and finally brings good form to whole team in general (and individuals too). However Real is first favorite.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I've previously said Man city, but seeing how they're doing in the league currently.. nah..

Same goes for Atletico..

PSG also look rather weak this year..

Would be amazing to see Leicester win it.. but again.. nah..

Dortmund then? That's a team I'd like to see lift the CL trophy. Dortmund is a good football team with a great philosophy.. But they're still behind the big boys..

So, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Real or bayern will win it this year..

• History

I've previously said Real, but seeing how they're doing in the league currently.. nah..

Same goes for Atletico..

Dortmund then? That's a team I'd like to see lift the CL trophy. Dortmund is a good football team with a great philosophy..

I've previously said Man city, but seeing how they're doing in the league currently.. nah..

Same goes for Atletico..

Dortmund then? That's a team I'd like to see lift the CL trophy. Dortmund is a good football team with a great philosophy..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

I predicted Bayern to win it this year from the start, will keep at it. :P But I really would love to see BVB or Leicester lift it, well, even if the second one is very unlikely. But seriously, anyone other than Real and Barca to some extend would be fine for me. I love it when we see different team lifting the trophy from year to the other. :D

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Can Real be the first team to go back-to-back in the the new format? I truly hope so.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Emobot7 Same here man, I predicted Bayern to go all the way with Ancelotti and I will stick by it. Even though they have looked shaky and not so well drilled at times in the league.

For the first time in years, PSG has a battle on their hands in Ligue 1 too, so they'll have to manage their squad carefully unlike earlier seasons where they could just rest players for league matches.

For me, Dortmund are the dark horses this season. Loads of youthful talent, excellent home support, and they've already shown they can go toe to toe with the big boys.

Atletico Madrid are having a bad season, so I don't expect them to continue their UCL heroics this season. They'll still provide a challenge to the likes of Man City/Dortmund/Juve etc. but I don't see them winning it.

But as for who I really want to win? Leicester City. Man, what a fucking story it would be.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The way Messi started the year, I have high hopes...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@saatvik Well, you know what they say, great mind think alike! ;D

amir_keal 7 years ago

Even though Bayern are clear favourites here, I still consider them outsiders. To be honest, Arsenal could still beat them, if we had our full team. I really hope Boateng plays. I don't think many people here watch Bundesliga, but that guy is VERY shaky at the back, and I see Giroud winning headers against him, if we use wingplay. It's quite hard, but I've made my judgements. The only player I hope doesn't play is Robben. Lewa too, but he pretty much plays everytime, so it's a given he starts. I don't like Robben's pace against you, especially when Monreal is your LB. I loved it against Spain and the world cup in general, but against you? Nah.

I even remember that golden chance Giroud had for France against Germany. How did he get it? Boateng losing an easy header. But this time, Giroud is allowed to score xD.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

To be honest, Arsenal could still beat them, if we had our full team.

Knowing Ancelotti's record in the CL? No. No English team currently in the CL has a chance of beating Bayern over two legs. Not even a remote one.

EDIT:: I take that back. Maybe City has a decent chance if they sort out their Bravo and Stones issues.

• History

To be honest, Arsenal could still beat them, if we had our full team.

Knowing Ancelotti's record in the CL? No. No English team currently in the CL has a chance of beating Bayern over two legs. Not even a remote one.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Real will win this cl with Danilo b img top scorer and motm

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Salahadin You forgot to add he will win top assist as well.

@Dynastian98 This is football don't forget, even though its a game where some team have come to dominate over some other, everything is still possible. I'm not saying that I'm confident Arsenal can beat Bayern in their curent state, I'm saying it could happen... somehow. :D

• History

@Dynastian98 This is football don't forget, even though its a game where some team have come to dominate over some other, everything is still possible. I''m not saying that I'm confident Arsenal can beat Bayern in their curent state, I'm saying it could happen... somehow. :D

amir_keal 7 years ago

Everyone was expecting Madrid to beat Juventus in 2015. What happened? If we had a full team and performed to our full capabilities, and if Bayern had a few knocks here and there, I don't see why we can't beat them. This is me being realistic. I am also aware of him in Champions League, like for Milan, but we could beat them. Of course, they are a bigger team than us, but it could happen

Also, I'm not sure if you watch City often, but Bravo and Stones are not the only problems they have.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Leicester for sure