Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who will win Champions League
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Making a Poll to See who Footyroom thinks will win the Champions League.

After The UCL Final on Jun 3rd 2017, I will dig this Thread up and we can see who was right. Add your choice at the bottom as well in a Comment , and if you want to say who you think will win vs who you want to win please do!

Also added a Poll in comments about who you want to Win UCL

Who Will Win the 2016/2017 Champions League Final In Cardiff

VOTING IN THIS POLL HAS CLOSED

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After The UCL Final on Jun 3rd 2017, I will dig this Thread up and we can see who was right. Add your choice at the bottom as well in a Comment , and if you want to say who you think will win vs who you want to win please do!

Also added a Poll in comments about who you want to Win UCL

Comments
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Guess who is supporting Napoli tomorrow ? 😁
Wins and defeats go And come, Manitas last forever 👋👋

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Would love to see Barcelona getting knocked out by PSG who couldnt even defeat Arsenal.... Would make everybody shut up about English clubs underperforming in CL.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I seriously doubt barca can do anything about this. They were outplayed at Parc des Princes. From winning 0-6 away against Alaves to having no chance against PSG. Even thought i didn't believe Barca wold win this game, I expected them to perform much better. Guess that's how it is when you lose momentum in the game. PSG did everything right with high pressure from start to finish.

So to the big question now.. PSG.. this performance was perfect.. they have been really good in the league too lately.. can they win the CL? I think they are serious contenders now.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Saatvik

PSG couldn't beat Arsenal and PSG beat Barcelona = Arsenal are better than or equal to Barcelona (essentially what you are saying)? If that is the conclusion you have drawn from this game, then I'm seriously questioning your analytical skills. English teams have underperformed in the last 5 years and that's a fact. Until English teams start progressing to the semi-finals regularly again, they are still 'underperforming'.

I don't think one game makes PSG serious contenders. They aren't even in the quarter-finals yet. It does make the other teams more wary of them though. If Madrid and Bayern progress to the next round, they will certainly be much more cautious against PSG because they have seen what PSG can do to lackadaisical preparation.

• History

@Saatvik

PSG couldn't beat Arsenal and PSG beat Barcelona = Arsenal are better than or equal to Barcelona? If that is the conclusion you have drawn from this game, then I'm seriously questioning your analytical skills. English teams have underperformed in the last 5 years and that's a fact. Until English teams start progressing to the semi-finals regularly again, they are still 'underperforming'.

I don't think one game makes PSG serious contenders. They aren't even in the quarter-finals yet. It does make the other teams more wary of them though. If Madrid and Bayern progress to the next round, they will certainly be much more cautious against PSG because they have seen what PSG can do to lackadaisical preparation.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Of course there's still other contenders and of course this is only one game.. but the way they played.. it was perfect..

Pundits dramatically lowered the odds of them winning after the game too. They're now third favorites close behind Bayern and Real, ahead of Juve, Atletico and City

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

PSG played great, not taking anything away, but Enriques poor tactics and underestimating PSG took the cake. Barcelona weren't even in form, their previous wins were thanks to MSN, their defense and midfield were still shaky from the beginning of the season. Barcelona's midifeld is horrendous, injured Iniesta, off form Busquets and a thing called gomes. Rabbiot alone shut them down, While Verrarti was supporting the defense and Matuidi with the attack. Without Busquets reading the game and intercepting counter balls, Barca will face lots of shots.

However PSG are still a serious contenders and the game will definitely make all teams not to underestimate any opposition. The same case happened to Real last year with Wolfsburg away. After a Classico win we somehow lost to Wolfsburg. A game is a game, you need to prepare no matter what the factors are, Enrique should've known that from the Copa match against Athletic.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I thought PSG was brilliant, so fast so accurate, great dynamic.

Barca was dead poor, yes. And PSG's brilliant made it obvious, their defend and central middlefield were absolute joke. No reflection on game's plan whatsoever from LE. :( sad though.

Indeed previous wins were mostly thanks to MSN,

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I got a theory, could it be Enrique over-estimated his team energy? I haven't seen all of the Alaves Barca game but from what I seen, Barca was pressing a lot in that game, could it be they were too tired to rivalize with PSG pressing?

@Dynast Well, knowing Emery is leading them, I could see PSG doing quite well against other spanish side as he know them well. We'll see.

Toronto FC 27 1016

@Saatvik10

Circular reasoning is a Fallacy dont you know :p

@Dynastian98
lol also

Monncaco is above Psg in Ligue 1, Psg rapes barca, therefore Monacco will rape Manchester city

• History

@Saatvik10

Circular reasoning is a Fallacy dont you know :p

@Dynastian98
lol also

Monncaco is above Psg in Ligue 1, Psg rapes barca, therefore Monacco will rape Manchester city

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golefty

Fallacies have been among the most interesting things I have ever studied. Thank you Academic Writing courses.

Toronto FC 27 1016

@Dynastian98

Must be fun being able to slap people in the face with their own logic... lol

Would you say English teams are improving in the UCL this year? based on previous years in comparison

• History

@Dynastian98

Would you say English teams are improving in the UCL this year? based on previous years in comparison

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golefty

No idea. We have to wait until Arsenal and City finish their ties to see how they progress. Leicester had the easiest group and now have to face Sevilla. I still expect Sevilla to beat them fairly comfortably, but Leicester are known for their running and might be able to snatch the win. I'm not sure. City should beat Monaco, even if it is by a small margin, and I expect Bayern to eliminate Arsenal (albeit by a small margin once again. The Bayern-Arsenal games are always won by a few goals).

Although one thing I am sure about is that the top teams in the EPL are certainly better than previous seasons. All the teams have improved, and they should undoubtedly perform better in next season's Champions League. The only concern I have with the EPL in the coming future would be Brexit's effect on the league.

• History

@Golefty

No idea. We have to wait until Arsenal and City finish their ties to see how they progress. Leicester had the easiest group and now have to face Sevilla. I still expect Sevilla to beat them fairly comfortably, but Leicester are known for their running and might be able to snatch the win. I'm not sure.

Although one thing I am sure about is that the top teams in the EPL are certainly better than previous seasons. All the teams have improved, and they should undoubtedly perform better in next season's Champions League. The only concern I have with the EPL in the coming future would be Brexit's effect on the league.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Bias as fuck here, but Chelsea and United are the only real threats once they get in - although City had a good run last season. I'm not certain as to how the EPL will do this year, but Chelsea + the team United is building should do well. Hopefully. Maybe.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well what I said about Arsenal just backfired on me. They got hammered. I don't expect Leicester to beat Sevilla either, so I guess it's up to City to save some face for English football. I agree with @SunFlash though, United and Chelsea look the most likely to be potential semi-finalists in the CL in the near future. Liverpool and Tottenham might too, depending on circumstances. They both play some good football, despite having a long way to go.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think Bayern Munich will win. I want Real Madrid to win.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

@sun Pool and Spurs would do well in Europe too judging from how they've played in the league.

Arsenal looked terrible already against Chelsea so no surprise they got their ass handed to them.

Sevilla should crush Leicester judging from how they've been playing recently.

City though.. They have started to find their feet again. Should come away with a narrow win over Monaco. Gotta say that Monaco are looking sharp as hell atm though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Can't wait for the City Monaco game, it will be interesting to see if Monaco domestic form mean anything in europe and will be enough to let them beat City. Sevilla against Leicester could be very interesting but if Leicester cannot recover from their run of poor form, its over for them.

Am I the only one who would like to see more Italian team going farther in the CL? Only me? Okay. :(

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emo , I would also love to see Italian teams go far and more of them , England needs to lose a spot imo

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Golefty

It's not going to happen. Roma already screwed it up by not even winning in the playoff, and it looks like Napoli is going straight out of the first knockout. Juventus could win the thing and it wouldn't make a difference.

People always talk about how shite England is in the CL, and they're right, but Italy are still way worse. They couldn't even get past the round of 16 last season.