Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who's better, Verrati or Coutinho ?
MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

Verrati a controller, pace dictator or Coutinho, the destroyer with sudden speed burst and long range shooting. Who should Barca buy?

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I don't know much about these two since I don't follow PSG and Liverpool. I can tell you this: Coutinho is an offensive threat, a fast player with all the necessary traits of a chance creator. It's exactly what Barcelona should stay away from. Already overpowered in that department (Hell, give Rakitic and Turan the chance first! lmao)

Veratti on the other hand, just like you already mentioned, is a tempo dictator, box-to-box player, and most importantly, a defensive juggernaut. That man runs up and down like no other. Sergio Busquets was that guy, but he is way out of his prime and that showed in Barcelona's performances last season.

It's a no-brainer for me. If Barcelona wants to to get back on track, they should spend on nice defensive pieces.

Edit: As far as who's better, that's something you gotta ask the experts. @Anyone knowledgeable, please take it away.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't know much about these two since I don't follow PSG and Liverpool. I can tell you this: Coutinho is an offensive threat, a fast player with all the necessary traits of a chance creator. It's exactly what Barcelona should stay away from. Already overpowered in that department (Hell, give Rakitic and Turan the chance first! lmao)

Veratti on the other hand, just like you already mentioned, is a tempo dictator, box-to-box player, and most importantly, a defensive juggernaut. That man runs up and down like no other. Sergio Busquets was that guy, but he is way out of his prime and that showed in Barcelona's performances last season.

It's a no-brainer for me. If Barcelona wants to to get back on track, they should spend on nice defensive pieces.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Coutinho - obviously more attack-minded, great playmaker/passer, can make difference by himself, a bit overrated about longshots, he takes them quite a lot.

Verratti - controls midfield in the mould of best midfielders, unbeliveable passer, knows how to handle pressure, also great tackler.

On overall, both of them are of great quality, Verratti fits Barca more and can be a long-term Iniesta replacement.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Both are great quality, and can play for those top flight clubs.

But Verrati is more of a guy who Barca needs now.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Verrati is a better defensive/central midfielder while coutunho is a better attacking midfielder, it's like comparing Isco to kroos or maybe like kante

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Verrati is a better defensive/central midfielder while coutunho is a better attacking midfielder, it's like comparing Isco to kroos

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think Verratti is one of the Top 3-4 central midfielders in the world - alongside Thiago, Modric, and Kroos.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Coutinho is a better player IMO.
You can't go wrong with him, he has the technique and speed for most positions behind the striker and he is a good free kick taker.

Verratti is good for the ball transition and marking but those things don't win you games unless you're Kanté.

Though Barcelona already has a full attack trio in Messi,Neymar and Suarez, Coutinho would be a great replacement for Iniesta so Barcelona should buy Coutinho first if they can, IMO.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golazo

At the same time, Verratti offers stability and assuredness in the midfield - something Barcelona have lacked since Xavi.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Dynastian Yes I know, he's good for keeping the ball and maybe that contribution would keep Messi more in front so that he doesn't drag the ball from deep. Both players would be a good addition to any team but IMO Coutinho is better, another that can take on players and score.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Verratti is more important for Barca at the moment in my opinion because they got nobody who can really replace Busquet as of now, Sergi Roberto isn't bad but he is a backup player at best right now. Meanwhile, they got both Denis Suarez and Andre Gomez who are more attacking midfielder and who can play more in attack. I know they aren't as good as Coutinho but still, would be a waste to let them rot on the bench when you could use them.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

This is comparing apples to oranges. A CAM/LW to a CDM/CM. Noice.

If we're talking about what Barca needs though, it's certainly Verratti, and everyone knows that, especially PSG.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Like Sun's talking...they don't play the same position. Comparison is a moot point.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i cant speak much about verratti, but coutinho is way too inconsistent to be playing for one of the best teams in the world

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@nanda maybe it is Liverpool that is too inconsistent for Coutinho, hes your talisman

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Coutintho is a great player but veratti is more complete, good tackler, full of energy, covers alot of distance, he is top 3 cm in the world
With modric and thiago atm.
I rate pogba higher than them but jose isn't using him right.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago

take it from someone who watches liverpool every week, sometimes he just doesnt show up. he likes big games, which get more publicity and is probably why people think he is better/more consistent than he actually is. that being said, he had his best season for us last season, but he still has a long way to go to be considered "elite consistent" if u will

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Coutinho understands our players and our playing style after playing for nearly 5 years. It would be a big void to fill for us if he leaves.. I think Liverpool isn't prepared with replacements.
He is a special player. At the same time, I wonder if he is at the level to play for top 2 clubs.
I can't understand why Barca is interested in him.. what??.. a replacement of Iniesta? Never..
They should get Veratti..
My instincts are that he is moving to Barca this season.
If Barca pays 150M euros for Coutinho, they would have overpaid over 100M euros.
Barca and Real are known for making smart businesses. Certainly, this isnt the one. We will laugh our heart out on our way to bank.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago

^agree that we have no replacement, but i dont think hell move. if we were gonna sell it would have been early on to ensure we have a plan to replace him as best as possible. that being said, id be interested to see if we sell him if we would just throw that money at vvd and keita with offers their clubs couldnt resist.

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

^Yeah.. even i want VVD and Keita.. but not at the cost of Coutinho..
Sell Coutinho only if he wants the move...
Not sure if FSG is ready for more than 100m pounds required for VVD and Keita.. a guaranteed investment that would pay off really well..

MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

@dynasthian98 i agree with you that verrati is replacement for xavi and coutinho is replacement for iniesta. The bad news however is that neymar is leaving and now there is a void in attack too. My favourite player is dybala to replace neymar but dont know what's gonna happen, It's the most terrible transfer window for Barca. :()

MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

I consider Coutinho to be top 5 mid fielders in the world, he is absolutely better than Thiago.