Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will Liverpool spend upwards of £175m in the summer - and who?
RonanLFC 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 1 10

Klopp doesn't want the same failings as this season, especially with (hopefully) the Champions League to compete in. He's already said he'll bring in around 6 players, but how good, how expensive, and who?
Complete the poll and suggest who you would like Klopp to bring in in the comments.

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Option 3 sounds a lot like Klopp. BUT!!!!! This is EPL, where things change fast, it changes players, coaches, linemen, bars, burgers, net, moon and sun!

The demand is huge, and this season is a relatively failure for Klopp. I believe so (this deserves a separate thread). He needs to spend and not being so naive here.

The interesting thing is, his players now doesn't have the champ mentality. He needs a few more who do

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I kinda doubt Liverpool would be able to spend 175M without breaking FFP.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

from what ive been reading, the reports have been misleading.

ignoring whether this is true or not, it has been stated that he will be given £100 million. but he could spend £175 with the addition of profits on fringe players (moreno, sturridge, stewart, flanagan, markovic, sakho, wisdom).

what im hoping for is that we dont repeat the transfer window after 2013/14 where we brought in like 8 players because it will ruin the team chemistry we have

a lot depends on whether we get cl or not though.........

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

A proper striker, left back, goalkeeper + eventually a CB and they'll look very good

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

maybe one expensive player, but he wont be worth it. to be honest i don't think liverpool will attract anyone great. man united on the other hand, always do...

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Players are rightly attracted to Klopp. I doubt he could nail anyone really established, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some top-tier younger players come to Liverpool. He likely wouldn't be spending on ton on them either.

RonanLFC 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 1 10

I personally think that he'll bring in probably 3 first-teamers and a few youth prospects (maybe two?) although these could overlap.
I think they'll all come from Bundesliga, going from his track record.
For example: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/liverpool-consider-big-money-raid-schalke-summer/
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/best-bundesliga-defensive-reinforcements-liverpool-look-summer/
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/02/bundesliga-xi-players-jurgen-klopp-may-keeping-eye/
All good reads.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

To be fair, Klopp can go both way, cheap and costy. Look with Matip, he got him for free and is serioulsy one of the most important in defense now, however, Mane was a club record if I'm not wrong and yet, look at him this season, Liverpool best player by far in my opinion (with Coutinho). I think its mean that Klopp should focus more on the player and their profile than their pricetag, if they are a going cheap, all the best and knowing Klopp, he is not bad a striking a good compromise between what he need and economising while still getting it. Crafty little german manager he is that Klopp. ;D With 100M, not doubt he will be able to get himself some great upagrade. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

To be fair, Klopp can go both way, cheap and costy. Look wiht Matip, he got him for free and is serioulsy one of the most important in defense now, however, Mane was a club record if I'm not wrong and yet, look at him this season, Liverpool best player by far in my opinion (with Coutinho). I think its mean that Klopp should focus more on the player and their profile than their pricetag, if they are a going cheap, all the best and knowing Klopp, he is not bad a striking a good compromise between what he need and economising while still getting it. Crafty little german manager he is that Klopp. ;D

To be fair, Klopp can go both way, cheap and costy. Look with Matip, he got him for free and is serioulsy one of the most important in defense now, however, Mane was a club record if I'm not wrong and yet, look at him this season, Liverpool best player by far in my opinion (with Coutinho). I think its mean that Klopp should focus more on the player and their profile than their pricetag, if they are a going cheap, all the best and knowing Klopp, he is not bad a striking a good compromise between what he need and economising while still getting it. Crafty little german manager he is that Klopp. ;D

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

won't be any major name signings. it'll be 6 prospects that he can shape into his style.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi I don't think so mate, I mean, I agree with the no major name thing, Klopp not a star player man. But I do expect him to get older player as well. He ain't a fool after all, he need confirmed talent to achieve his goal in the EPL and he also know what happen to manager who don't suceed in EPL bigs club. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he is not only gonna target young player. :S