NO MORE VOTING POLL IS CLOSED

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who will move on the the next round of champions league
enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Don't worry, most people agree on FR Pep is a bit over-rated at the very least.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I think he is mostly misunderstood, you need intelligent players and tactical ones to apply his tactics, Good luck to do it with Sterling and co...
At the same time, he didnt adapted like he should, he should have adapted to his squad and not the opposite wich look like mission impossible with his players.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Gonzi

LOL yes sevilla is better than liverpool and united...they aren't even in the CL. chelsea isn't either,

Neither are Sevilla now. Also if a team is in UCL, it does not make them good. Is Ludogorets better than United, Liverpool or Chelsea? No, and we both know that.

sevilla has atleast been consistent.

At Europa League? They can't win that this year.

Do you want me to fall back on what i said and say that the 6 premier league teams you listed are better than sevilla. no, you have to be joking. City and Sevilla are arguably the 2 most even, the rest lost miserably in the CL and a couple aren't even in the CL.

Well you said that's true golazo. sevilla is a bigger club than city. There's a possibility that Golazo was talking about Leicester City, but it's pretty evident you were talking about Manchester City. Pretty sure since Leicester are in UCL, and Chelsea Liverpool or United aren't , that would make Leicester better than these teams. Funny, because look at their league position.

Being in UCL doesn't automatically make you a big team.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i knew monaco would beat city the oment i saw that leicester beat sevilla. somehow it's been a week of surprises.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@tiki what you said the second time made way more sense, and i would absolutely agree that Monaco were the better side, especially given the circumastances - like falcao and glik absence. Also i do like to see PEP fail after being at bayern.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty You would have liked to see him fail at Bayern instead? XD

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i don't think he failed necessarily. i mean they both scored 6. the only thing he has changed at City is the mentality and has brought in one player, sane. (i think g.jesus would have made a difference, he plays very intelligently and superpacey). i think this transfer window will be key and we'll see a real pep side next year. hopefully they stay in the top 4, because they were definitely a great side in the CL. this years CL is much better than last years for sure.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

MANY of us predicted à Sevilla qualification here including myself, but things change Quickly in 3 weeks between 1st and second leg :
Lets start with Leicester :

Ranieri out, change of dynamic, Defeated Hull City 3-1, defeated Liverpool 3-1, didnt play last weekend due to FA cup break. Got rested to the maximum.

Sevilla : drew against Alaves 1-1, late equalizer where Spanish experts suspected a little tiredness of key players, 1-1 at Leganes home, lost of the league race, tiredness comfirmed key players off form ( Nzonzi, Vitolo, Nasri overused during the season ) and Sampaoli depth management had been questioned before the second leg.
Played last weeknd with a poor performance against Leganes.

My opinion : Sevilla eleminated themselves, they ate Leicester in first leg, missed à Pk And many chances a 4-0 result wouldnt be scandalous, instead Leicester scored the only chance they got, stunning 2-1 result who looked as a win considering the game circumstances. Here again that's Football karma when you waste your chances you get punished.

Second leg Sampaoli insisted on key players despite tiredness, big mistake when you have fit players like Jovetic on Bench...

Nothing to say in second leg the best team won, the most prepared and here again they missed a pk And his the bar...

Over 2 legs foxes deserved their ticket, but those bragging here with league comparisons probably ignore that underdogs may win doesnt make them stronger. And yes, PL holders or not, Foxes were underdogs and Sevilla have only themselves to blame.

That being said specially against Spain or Germany, dont banter clubs who do not loose much, because it will hunt you and hit you back faster than you think...

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@emo him failing at bayern would have been great too :P

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Tiki And this is why I like you mate. When you go logical about stuff and analyse it, its pure genius. ;D

enter image description here

• History

@Tiki And this is why I like you mate. When you go logical about stuff and analyse it, its pure genius. ;D

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Is there a way to close a poll lol? people keep voting for Monaco and Leicester

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

If it was Sevilla knocking out Chelsea everyone would disgrace BPL etc.

But when Leicester elimanates the 3rd team in La Liga Sevilla have to blame themselves and their manager.

Oh and Leicester are fighting to go out of the danger zone in the league.

Double standards much.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Don't get offended, Sevilla had won 3 Europe Leagues in a row, obviously a bigger european club than City.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

+1 joze sevilla just lost to a relegation fighting leicester lol the same sevilla that would win epl hahahah.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@chelsea8 & @Joze: I would SERIOUSLY advice you to read @tiki's comment for ONCE, that's a perfectly reasonable responses, if you fail to reason with him based on this response. Then I start to think arguing with you two are COMPLETELY pointless!

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I could not care less about your opinion tuan.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Fine, then from now on, when discussion like that happening. And you fail to response to it in a reasonable manner. I would not have a second thought to delete or ban your trolling comment

• History

Fine, then from now on, when discussion like that happening. And you fail to response to it in a reasonable manner. I would not have a secomd thougjt to delete or ban your trolling comment

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why is it trolling? He gave his opinion, i don't see anything wrong with it.
Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's trolling.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Chelsea8, not for that sentence.

Its for similar discussions, that he and you participate. Im sure as hell wont invovle into any discussion with you guys anymore or at least try to. If I and see any sign of trolling, i wont let it go as easy as before.

And no worry, banning always need discussion amd warning

• History

Its for similar discussions, that he and you participate. Im sure as hell wont invovle into any discussion with him anymore or at least try to. If I and see any sign of trolling, i wont let it go as easy as before.

Chelsea8, not for that sentence.

Its for similar discussions, that he and you participate. Im sure as hell wont invovle into any discussion with him anymore or at least try to. If I and see any sign of trolling, i wont let it go as easy as before.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

I think what Tuan is saying is we are tired of every thread being turned into Epl vs La liga or barca vs madrid.

• History

I think what Tuan is trying to say is we are tired of every thread being turned into Epl vs La liga or barca vs madrid.