• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who will move on the the next round of champions league
enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Joze

I could not care less about your opinion tuan.

Nice useless provocation lad, but seriously, you might as well refrain yourself from posting those, cause if you really don't care about someone opinion, then that person propably don't need to know you don't care. Don't mean to sound harsh or anything, it just felt a bit pointless in my opinion. And not too nice. :(

@Golefty Yes! Thank you for saying that, its getting ridiculous, why should we alway have to compare team to know wich is better, especially when they are from different league, its not really possible to compare those since their situation difer greatly.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

imo, i agree with tiki 100%, especially when he says sevilla brought this on to themselves. imo, sampaoli's tactics were wrong. it was more sevilla's fault.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Golefty: indeed, thanks mate.

It's getting so bored. If it has to turn out to be that way (which it will) then give your explanation, back it up with a little fact, explain it, you dont have to make an essay out of it but enough to contribute to the discussion

saatvik10 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, India 27 540

@tuan Tiki put some good points there, and I completely agree that Sevila are mostly to blame for their defeat. But surely it's worth discussing that at the end of the day they were eliminated by the team 15th in the league. Also considering that people said that teams like Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia would easily win EPL.

• History

@tuan Tiki put some good points there, and I completely agree that Sevila are mostly to blame for their defeat. But at the end of the day they were eliminated by the team 15th in the league. Also considering that people said that teams like Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia would easily win EPL.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@saatvik10

Whoever said that those teams would win in epl are crazy, valencia cant even win in la liga... i find these comparisons to be futile , but your right when a 15th place EPL team beats 3rd Place La liga team it does beg some comparisons. I think what is crazy is how so many of us ( including myself) thought sevilla were going to destroy Leicester!

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

@saatvik10 Well, I for one disagree with those people, but to be fair, I haven't seen any of those recently, so whats the problem?

• History

@saatvik10 Well, I for one disagree with those people, but that doesn't mean EPL is better than the Liga, does it?

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

@saatvik: fair enough.

It's indeed triggering and bringing whoooo. But I dont find it utter surprising. Leicester is getting themselves back (relatively compare to last season). That's the one reason why they are in the danger zone without..., at the beginning of the season, no player played the way they do now, and they sorely miss Kante.

When a team defeat another team, it doesn't mean they are better. You gotta look at the way they win. (im not talking about controversial win).

• can and did Leicester play attack fair and square against Sevilla. No?
  • Is the current Leicester, the Leicester that got to the danger zone? No, same squad, but entirely different mentality and form.
  • That explains the Fox used a few counter they had and hit Sevilla real hard in BOTH games. They sit back, parked like a huge bus and run up like a true fox on counter. It worked.

Another easy example to counter similar point:

• November 2016: Leicester 1 - 2 West brom, Watford 2 - 1 Leicester.
  • December 1016: Leicester 4 - 2 Man City, then 3 days later: Bournemouth 1 - 0 Leicester.

Do you think Watford, West Brom is better than Man City??? Of course not. Then:

• Jan 2017: Burney 1 - 0 Leicester
  • Feb 2017: Swanse 2 - 0 Leicester THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED
  • Leicester 3 - 1 Liverpool in the same month

Should we think Liverpool is worse than Burney or Swanse :D (may be, Liverpool does have weakness against lower team)

They won over 2 rounds, fair and square, well deserved, wise tactic. But it shouldn't trigger anything about team comparison nor league comparison.

• History

It's indeed triggering and bringing whoooo. But I dont find it utter surprising. Leicester is getting themselves back (relatively compare to last season). That's the one reason why they are in the danger zone without..., at the beginning of the season, no player played the way they do now, and they sorely miss Kante.

When a team defeat another team, it doesn't mean they are better. You gotta look at the way they win. (im not talking about controversial win).

• Without Kante, can Leicester play attack fair and square against Sevilla. No?
  • Is the current Leicester, the Leicester that got to the danger zone? No, same squad, but entirely different mentality and form.
  • That explains the Fox used a few counter they had and hit Sevilla real hard in BOTH games. They sit back, parked like a huge bus and run up like a true fox on counter. It worked.

• December 1016: Leicester 4 - 2 Man City, then 3 days later: Bournemouth 1 - 0 Leicester.

Should we think Liverpool is worse than Burney or Swanse :D (may be, Liverpool does have weakness against lower team)

They won over 2 round, well deserve, wise tactic. But it shouldn't trigger anything about team comparison nor league comparison.

They won over 2 round, well deserve, wise tactic. But it shouldn't trigger anything about team comparison nor league comparison.

They won over 2 rounds, well deserved, wise tactic. But it shouldn't trigger anything about team comparison nor league comparison.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

can and did Leicester play attack fair and square against Sevilla. No?

Agree with all your points except this. There are many ways to win a football game, and just being all out attacking is just one of them. If you defend well and hit them on the counter, it is still a "fair and square" win. Teams like Leicester, Atletico won the league title doing it. Heck, Chelsea won the UCL doing this.

You can blame Sevilla for their two penalty misses and the red card and you can say they shot themselves in the foot, but simply saying that Leicester didn't defeat them "fair and square" is silly.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Tiki good stuff bro, completely agree +1

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

@saatvik: i have to clarify this. Attack and play fair and square isn't the same as win fair and square. Im not talking about all out attack, the kind of attack a normal team have in mind, instead of "let do all out defend, park the bus if neccessary and hit them on counter". They did win fair and square, great tactic.

But they knew they were an underdog. They parked the bus, wisely so. You often see the lesser team choose this tactic. And there is no prob with that.

• History

@saatvik: i have to clarify this. Attack and play fair and square isn't the same as win fair and square. They did win fair and square, great tactic.

But they knew they were an underdog. You often see the lesser team choose this tactic. And there is no prob with that.

@saatvik: i have to clarify this. Attack and play fair and square isn't the same as win fair and square. They did win fair and square, great tactic.

But they knew they were an underdog. They parked the bus, wisely so. You often see the lesser team choose this tactic. And there is no prob with that.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 You clearly know why I dont care.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Joze Its not about knowing, mate, its just that your comment served little purpose in my opinion. If you don't care about something, simply ignore it. Saying stuff like that just seem a bit provocative, that just how I feel about it. Myself, I think you shouldn't completely ignore someone opinion over something he did in the past as you don't know if that person could have changed or if there was a misunderstanding before. Anyway, I won't push it if you don't want me too, I just don't want people to get at each other if it can be evaded. ;)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Constant bickering on a football forum is fucked, I want proper discussions. Is that much to ask for?

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

From the same stupid argument we can say that the 15th of BPL did better than the second, the third and the fourth wich is not really league strenght sign.
And when you got the league holders collapsing 2 years in a row Chelsea and Leicester wich is not really a strenght sign. Or when the second of the league eliminated in an easy group in CL, or the 4th hammered 10-2 over two legs in 1/8 finals, or the 3rd struggling vs Celtics and Glad'bach and eliminated by a wannabe team... when in the same season 5th 6th or 7th loose to Gent or Beer Sheeva caliber of teams...
When you have these embarrassing results season after season, just keep quiet and escape an embarrassing argument about any league comparison specially about Spain...

Understand Joze ? Chelsea8 And co ? An accident can't be compared to a 4 year regular, usual, expectable embarrassing result . And you seem to not like the soft way, is it clearer for you ?

• History

From the same stupid argument we can say that the 15th of BPL did better than the second, the third and the fourth wich is not really league strenght sign.
And when you got the league holders collapsing 2 years in a row Chelsea and Leicester wich is not really a strenght sign. Or when the second of the league eliminated in an easy group in CL, or the 4th hammered 10-2 over two legs in 1/8 finals, or the 3rd struggling vs Celtics and Glad'bach and eliminated by a wannabe team... when in the same season 5th 6th or 7th loose to Gent or Beer Sheeva caliber of teams...
When you have these embarrassing results season after season, just keep quiet and escape an embarrassing argument about any league comparison specially about Spain...

Understand Joze ? Chelsea8 And co ? An accident can't be compared to a 4 year regular, usual, expectable result. And you seem to not like the soft way, is it clearer for you ?

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

That being said, Leicester deserved to go through comparing to Sevilla.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I don't think leicester winning against sevilla was an accident, it just shows you that if an english team stops caring about the premier league they tend to do alot better in europe like chelsea in 2012 or liverpool in 2007?

Not only is the schedule in premier league f@cked but league is also more physical which requires more rest hence why it's easier for the other leagues to do well in the champions league

More rest time and no muscle soreness equals in better performance in football.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Sevilla is 10 times the bigger European club than Leicester.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golazo111

We get you let your delusional mind talk and not football. Now please shut up.

• History

We get you let your delusional mind talk and not football. Now please shut up.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Delusion is only if you think otherwise, Sevilla won Euro League 3 years in a row, Leicester was in premiership while most of that was going on. It's one thing to like your own english teams but to be that blindly biased is hilarious.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

AHAA AMir your keeep gettting baited by this Golazo guy, but seriously we get it dude. Sevilla was great in the Europa league.

The world was watching when Leicester won EPL, dont think Sevilla would gather a the same audience if the one LA liga