Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will Zidane lift the curse?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Will Zidane be the first manager since Arrigo Sacchi in 1990 with AC Milan, to win back to back Champion League Cups? I didn't believed it until I saw Real Madrid yesterday, but seeing how they defeated a strong Bayern side while they weren't even playing at home, its getting harder and harder not to favour them. Considering their record against Atletico Madrid in the CL, I feel like Juventus is the only team who could really endanger them seriously if they do get trough Bayern. What do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Will Zidane be the first manager since Arrigo Sacchi in 1990 with AC Milan, to win back to back Champion League Cups? I didn't believed it until I saw real Madrid yesterday, but seeing how they defeated a strong Bayern side while they weren't even playing at home, its getting harder and harder not to favour them. Considering their record against Atletico Madrid in the CL, I feel like Juventus is the only team who could really endanger them seriously if they do get trough Bayern. What do you guys think?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Madrid win, then it'll be the best shot they had in a long time. Monaco are good, but I don't think they will be able to beat Madrid in a two-legged tie (might be wrong, but their defense is trash). Juventus will be a solid opponent, but I'm confident Madrid can take them on and win (our midfield > their midfield). The final threat is Atletico, who we've already beaten 4-1 over the two league ties, so I'm sure we'll be able to beat them as well. I'll actually laugh if it's another Madrid derby in the final.

Don't want to get ahead of myself though. I want to wait and see the second-leg first. Bayern are an amazing team, you can never rule them out. I saw first-hand how Ancelotti master-classed a 4-0 away victory in the Allianz before, and I certainly don't want that happening again in the Bernabeu.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I really hope it doesn't happen. The lack of a back-to-back winner appeals to me greatly - not to mention that this Madrid side is hardly deserving of that distinction considering some of the teams that came before them imo.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

They won't win it. No chance. They could beat Bayern, but if they make it to the semi finals, they will probably go out. The pressure of them being 'favourites' will come back and haunt them. I feel that they are a few teams better than Real. Even if they make it to the final, I feel that the other team will come as prepared as possible.

However, with that being said, Zidane is an amazing coach, and certainly knows how to get the best out of the players.

Dynastian98

All those teams that you mentioned can certainly beat Real Madrid. Even if you go through, don't overestimate yourself. Juventus did beat you two years ago.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

The only team that can stand out against Real Madrid is Juventus in my opinion. They will probably meet in the Finals if not in SF. Can't say much about the Final game tho. Zidane can do it.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

My dream final would be Real Madrid vs Juventus and I will be sad if Real doesn't break the curse while at the same time sad if Buffon and Juventus don't win. So best final since it's so epic for both sides.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Amir

Yes, that's why I said I'll wait and see.

538 11432

@Golazo Gotta love your sense of drama, I agree it would be one of the most epic possible final. Another final against Atletico would be too much though. XD

@Dynast Don't worry about Amir, he is just frustrated because Madrid beaten Bayern. He actually wanted Bayern to trash you guys so he could come back at you for how most Madrid fan treated Arsenal fan after they lost against Bayern. XD

@amir Well, at least we know who is the 11% who voted for "100% sur it won't happen, even if he beat Bayern." XD. Anyway mate, don't worry, I think it will be tough for them even if they do beat Bayern

• History

@Golazo Gotta love your sense of drama, I agree it would be one of the most epic possible final. Another final against Atletico would be too much though. XD

@Dynast Don't worry about Amir, he is just frustrated because Madrid beaten Bayern. He actually wanted Bayern to trash you guys so he could come back at you for how most Madrid fan treated Arsenal fan after they lost against Bayern. XD

@amir Well, at least we know who is the 11% who voted for "100% sur it won't happen, even if he beat Bayern." XD. Anyway mate, don't worry, I think its will be tough for them even if they do beat Bayern

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emobot7

he is just frustrated because Madrid beaten Bayern. He actually wanted Bayern to trash you guys so he could come back at you for how most Madrid fan treated Arsenal fan after they lost against Bayern

I'm not really frustrated, but I did want Bayern to win so that the Real Madrid fans that I knew could get a taste of their own medicine. Chelsea fans did the same, but I never meant anyone specifically on footyroom.

100% sur it won't happen, even if he beat Bayern.

Yep, that was me. Lol, you are a smart one that we have here.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

FOr some reason, unless it is MU, I dont want any curse to be broken :D

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

bayern with lewa will surely make a comeback.

Wolfie 7 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

That's hardly a curse.. A curse is Benfica losing all those finals. ;)

• History

That's hardly a curse.. A course is Benfica losing all those finals. ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Wolfie Ah come on man, it sound better like that. XD

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

It's a CL curse, I think it's a curse? Why wouldn't it be a curse?

CURSE: a solemn utterance intended to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something.

Now, a CL's Champ after crowning king and having their champagne sprayed on people's head, is then AUTOMATICALLY BEWITCHED by some super natural god, and this curse says: you are going down next year. Yeah you can try, but in the end you will fail miserably!

• History

It's a CL curse, I think it's a curse? Why wouldn't it be a curse?

CURSE: a solemn utterance intended to invoke a supernatural power to inflict harm or punishment on someone or something.

Now, a CL's Champ after crowning king and having their champagne sprayed on people's head IS AUTOMATICALLY BEWITCHED by some super natural god, and this curse say: you are going down next year. Yeah you can try, but in the end you will fail miserably!

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think people say it's a curse but the truth is the Champions League is a very competitive tournament so even for a top team it's hard to achieve a top season twice in a row, it's both physically and mentally hard.

In the 90's AC Milan played 3 Champions league finals in a row and Juventus also 3 Champions league finals in a row, unlucky for AC Milan to lose first, win second and lose third, speaking of which Ajax could have won 2 in a row but after they won against AC Milan and took the title they lost against Juventus next year and then Juventus played 2 more finals right after that, losing both.

• History

I think people say it's a curse but the truth is the Champions League is a very competitive tournament so even for a top team it's hard to achieve a top season twice in a row, it's both physically and mentally hard.

In the 90's AC Milan played 3 Champions league finals in a row and Juventus also 3 Champions league finals in a row, unlucky for AC Milan to lose first, win second and lose third, speaking of which Ajax could have won 2 in a row but after the won against AC Milan they lost against Juventus and then Juventus played 2 more finals right after that losing both.

In the 90's AC Milan played 3 Champions league finals in a row and Juventus also 3 Champions league finals in a row, unlucky for AC Milan to lose first, win second and lose third, speaking of which Ajax could have won 2 in a row but after the won against AC Milan they lost against Juventus and then Juventus played 2 more finals right after that, losing both.

In the 90's AC Milan played 3 Champions league finals in a row and Juventus also 3 Champions league finals in a row, unlucky for AC Milan to lose first, win second and lose third, speaking of which Ajax could have won 2 in a row but after they won against AC Milan they lost against Juventus and then Juventus played 2 more finals right after that, losing both.

Aiden_Finland 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

We will win the champions league and la liga this season. Bayern have no chance at Santiago Bernabeu.

538 11432

@tuan Agreed! +1 :D

@Aiden XD Its good to be positive but don't get cocky, remember what happened when you played Juve in the semis in the 2014-2015 season. Well, you might need to play them again this season.

• History

@tuan Agreed! +1 :D

Aiden_Finland 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

@Emobot7
I wouldn't be happy to play against Juventus because to me they are more dangerous than Bayern (in my opinion Real Madrid and Juventus are the only teams that can win the UCL this season). However it will be very entertaining to play against Juventus.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Aiden For sure, like Golazo said, those two also have something special to win or to lose. For Buffon, its one of his last chance of winning the CL, for Real, its their best chance of getting of winning back to back CL.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

If the final is Real vs Juve or anyone, I would bet all my money on the other team.

You can just break a curse. You need a kiss of devil.

Joke aside, it's true, CL is very competitive and all the top team study each other, the previous winner seems to less more to loose than the newer one

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

glad Juve is getting good recognition