Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Best Wingers
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, similar to the world's best striker only this time, I would like to put some kind of official footyroom 5 tier classement for a list. It would be great if you tried to class player by their overall quality over their current form. Would help everyone judge the different player on the same basis. Share what you think guys and I'll update the tier based on the general opinion. I'll put both Messi and CR7 already in tier 1 to evade any controversy since we all know that they are the best in term of quality.

Tier 1: Messi, Neymar
Tier 2: Hazard, Sanchez, Insigne, Salah, Sane
Tier 3: Perišić, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Robben, Costa, Mandzukic
Tier 4: Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard, Reus, Shaqiri, Dembele, Ribery
Tier 5: Brahimi, Promes, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt, Depay, Bailey

Edit: Or just post a normal list without any tier if think it too complicated or too long to make a tier list. It work as well. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, similar to the world's best striker only this time, I would like to put some kind of official footyroom 5 tier classement for a list. It would be great if you tried to class player by their overall quality over their current form. Would help everyone judge the different player on the same basis. Share what you think guys and I'll update the tier based on the general opinion. I'll put both Messi and CR7 already in tier 1 to evade any controversy since we all know that they are the best in term of quality.

Tier 1: Messi, Ronaldo
Tier 2:
Tier 3:
Tier 4:
Tier 5:

Tier 1: Messi, Ronaldo
Tier 2:
Tier 3:
Tier 4:
Tier 5:

Edit: Or just post a normal list without any tier if think it too complicated or too long to make a tier list. It work as well. ;)

Tier 1: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar
Tier 2:
Tier 3:
Tier 4:
Tier 5:

Tier 2: Hazard, Sanchez, Insigne, Salah
Tier 3: Perišić, Sane, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling
Tier 4: Carrasco, Willian, Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti
Tier 5: Brahimi, Promes, Pedro, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Bernardeschi, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt

Tier 3: Perišić, Sane, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Dembele
Tier 4: Carrasco, Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi
Tier 5: Brahimi, Promes, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt

Tier 3: Perišić, Sane, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Dembele
Tier 4: Carrasco, Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard
Tier 5: Brahimi, Promes, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt

Tier 3: Perišić, Sane, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Dembele, Ribery, Robben
Tier 4: Carrasco, Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard, Reus, Shaqiri
Tier 5: Brahimi, Promes, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt, Depay

Tier 3: Perišić, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Robben
Tier 4: Carrasco, Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard, Reus, Shaqiri, Dembele, Ribery

Tier 4: Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard, Reus, Shaqiri, Dembele, Ribery

Tier 1: Messi, Neymar
Tier 4: Di Maria, Martial, Dembele, Thauvin, Son, Cuadrado, Costa, Callejon, Malcom, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, El Shaarawy, Perotti, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Jesse Lingard, Reus, Shaqiri, Dembele, Ribery

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Amy updates? I’ll add a few wingers later on.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I think you could add Jesse Lingard to tier 4 - he has had patches of great form with Manchester United this season.

Also agree that Salah is Tier 2 rn - much as I love and admire him, he is not quite at Messi/Ronaldo level just yet. Having said that he has a great chance to become that good considering he is now just 25, with his prime ahead of him.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Also think Sanchez is definitely at the lower end of Tier 2 - he definitely has the talent to be right up there there but hasn't been showing his brilliance nearly enough since he moved to United.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legend16 Added Lingard to tier 4, thanks for the propositon. ;)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

robben and ribery is tier 2
reus and shaqiri is tier 4
depay is tier 5

• History

depay is tier 5

shaqiri is tier 4
depay is tier 5

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@ baldgenius Well, since this is a atm tier, I rather put both Ribery and Robben at tier 3 because even if they are class, they aren't alway very consistent. Especially right now.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'd still keep original Tier 1 and maybe add Salah towards end of the season. Sanchez is dropping from Tier 2 to Tier 3. Maybe add Sane to Tier 2. Ribery is at this point Tier 4 and Dembele was hardly Tier 3 through this season but I don't know you guys pick. I wouldn't keep Carrasco in this selection if he doesn't return to Europe as it is impossible to compare China and Europe.

I also think Tier 4 should be split into two tiers, way too much players there.

Tier 2: Hazard, Salah, Insigne, Sane
Tier 3: Perišić, Mane, Sanchez, Mahrez, Sterling, Willian, Bale, Robben
Tier 4: Di Maria, Son, Costa, Callejon, Coman, Suso, Lemar, Bailey, Reus, Cuadrado
Tier 5: Martial, Thauvin, Malcom, El Shaarawy, Pedro, Bernardeschi, Lingard, Shaqiri
Tier 6: Brahimi, Promes, Payet, Quaresma, Gelson, Zaha, Rashford, Brandt, Depay

That's just how I see it, it's quite hard to rank actually.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Made some update but didn't added a fifth tier yet as it would be quite longer to do. :P

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo shouldn't qualify as a winger anymore. He's played maybe 1-2 games in that position all season. He's an out-and-out striker this season, and will presumably remain in this role for the rest of his career.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Fair enough, will remove him here and add him to the best striker list when I end up doing it. :)

Croatian 6 years ago

@Dynastian, well I agree but then again Messi isn't a winger either. Closest position to both of them is probably forward. Muller and few other players would be there too, you can't say Muller is CAM or ST.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Nah, what Dynast mean is that CR7 play at the position of a striker, Messi still technically play on the wing, thats mainly where he is most of the time anyway.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, that is what I meant. Just their position on paper, and the general area of the pitch they tend to gravitate to. Messi would be an AM and Ronaldo a striker nowadays. In truth, they were very positionless in their primes. Both of them tended to wander all over the pitch and often switched wings or played striker in the same game.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Its really kinda hard at tine to find the exact position certain player should be considered as playing at, especially those that are given a lot of freedom and have a lot of creativity. :U

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I agree that there needs to be a split. Some counters I would say are

Bale should be higher. He may not fit RM system, but James didn’t either and he’s doing great again at Bayern. Bale should be tier 2 at lowest, especially since Sane and Insigne are there. Same for Reus, his problems have been injuriee, but I think on form, is surely tier 2.

Leon Baily should be lower, and Di Maria to tier 3. I don’t think they can be same tier. Baily is good but so is Zaha and Zaha is bottom tier. With all due respect, I think Di Maria should be placed into tier 3, and Baily into 5.

Costa for tier 3 too! I admit I didn’t like his 2nd season at Bayern but this guy is just amazing. He can surely be a highly respected player of Juventus. He had excellent 1st year at Bayern but manager change affected him. With Allegri, he will only develop, because Allegri is great for getting the best out of his team.

On side note, where will we put Mandzukic? He is playing winger nowadays, he did too last year. Personally, tier 3 is fair for him, because he is a good player who I highly rate.

538 11432

@amir Ha, a lot of those proposition are good point mate, but I realize its getting really hard to make this list since like Croatian said, its really more of how you personally see it for some of these player.

Edit: I didn't touch Reus and Bale even if I agree with what you said about them because the ranking is based on current form sadly. I moved Bailey, added Mandzukic at tier 3 instead of 2 (he is good but not that high for me). Putted Costa at rank 3 as well. To be fair, I'm seriously thinking about making a different format based on player overall stat.

• History

@amir Ha, a lot of those proposition are good point mate, but I realize its getting really hard to make this list since like Croatian said, its really more of how you personally see it for some of these player.

Croatian 6 years ago

@Emo,

I'm seriously thinking about making a different format based on player overall stat.

You mean like those FIFA ratings or something? I think it'd be cool. Better way to sort out players.

538 11432

@Croatian Yeah, was thinking of picking a site like Whoscored or anything similar (as long as its well made) and use player rating on that site to sort them. I mean, they would need to have played a certain number of games to fit in but otherwise, it felt like a good idea as long as the rest of you guys agreed with it.

• History

@Croatian Yeah, was thinking of picking a site like Whoscored or anything similar and use player rating on that site to sort them. I mean, they would need to have played a certain number of games to fit in but otherwise, it felt like a good idea as long as the rest of you guys agreed with it.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited

Tbh WhoScored and SofaScore and sites like that aren't always the most accurate. They get you good overview but you can't see the whole image.

• History

Tbh WhoScored and SofaScore and sites like that aren't always the most accurate.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Yeah, I get what you mean, I'd be willing to base the ranking on another source if you knew a better one tbf.