enter image description here

Thoughts? Opinions? Who passes?

Comments
_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@emo been real busy, but there's something magical about the WC. gets me giddy

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emo yea group C will be tight for 2nd. I gave Peru 2nd because I think that Guerrero will be cleared by FIFA so he'll be on the Peruvian squad for the world cup. They missed him against New Zealand. In case he can't play for them in the world cup then I think Denmark are favorites over Peru.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I think Argentina- Croatia - Iceland and Nigeria will have some surprises for sure! Probably the most evenly matched group

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Gonzi, tbh we are stronger than both Iceland and Nigeria by a lot of miles... and our second squad beated Spain so I doubt we won't put atleast a good fight against Argentina. We've played in general decent on about every WC but failed in last group stage match and that costed us. From Ecuador, Australia to getting wreckt by Mexico... we did fail a lot. But seriously, this squad is better than all previous ones.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

they can make it out of the group all they want. they ain't winning anything. you remember the teams that win trophies, not the teams that "made it out of the group for the last 40 years "

Which is why you didn't even consider the thought that they'd get out. Ok, you do you, but try to be less full of crap while doing it.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well shit, we have got to qualify out of that group! Italians aren't in the World Cup, so we just need to avoid Germany .. Brazil, France, and Spain .. then I think we have a clear shot to reach quarter-finals and that will be enough to make entire England happy.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

so we just need to avoid Germany .. Brazil, France, and Spain .. then I think we have a clear shot to reach quarter-finals and that will be enough to make entire England happy.

Yeah, and in the quarter-finals England are most likely to meet Brazil or Germany.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited

@sunflash. i give the mexico NT very little thought. this has to be the 1st time i've thought about them at all LOL. if i'm full of crap, then they're the crap my crap falls on top of.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@sunflash. i give the mexico NT very little thought. this is has to be the 1st time i've thought about them at all LOL. if i'm full of shit, then they're the shit my shit falls on top of.

@sunflash. i give the mexico NT very little thought. this is has to be the 1st time i've thought about them at all LOL. if i'm full of shlt, then they're the shlt my shlt falls on top of.

@sunflash. i give the mexico NT very little thought. this is has to be the 1st time i've thought about them at all LOL. if i'm full of crap, then they're the crap my crap falls on top of.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago

@croatian that's true. croatia has a better team than the past 3 WCs for sure. Based on experience, they should do better than Iceland. But underdogs do surprise. It makes me laugh how some people brush aside argentina, or don't give them a second look. those are the people who get "surprised" by argentina going far in a competition. Firstly, argentina has more experience than every team at the WC other than maybe Germany. We have played more competitive matches than any other team in the past 4 years. And we have made it to every major final we were part of. Our win to lose ratio in the past 4 years is impressive and leaves us at the top/top 2.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi I know what you mean mate, WC is just special. Anyway, might want to calm down about Mexico, we got some Mexicain user on the forum so please, even if you don't expect much, maybe try to respect them a bit more if only for our user (or at least, keep your worst thought about them for yourself :P). But its good to have you now mate. :D

@Marcus2011 Agreed, quarter final would be an huge accomplishement for England this edition. :D Hopefully, England make it.

@Yvan21 I don't follow Peru NT at all, how good is that Guerrero guy? :O

@Golefty Yeah, but Iceland got a problem now, everyone know they are not to be understimated anymore. Especially after their success in Euro. :S

@Croatian Yep, I wouldn't underestimate Croatia this WC, they might do very well if they keep their current momentum. I remember now that you told me that the national team has a new coach as well and that he doing good stuff. This could make the difference. :D

oh dudes, im latino, they're latino, it's all good. this is strictly football talk. they amp up their NT way too much. same goes for england and belgium.

• History

oh dudes, im latino, they're latino, it's all good. this is strictly football talk.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

GROUP A

1: Uruguay
2: Russia

GROUP B

1: Spain
2: Portugal

GROUP C

1: France
2: Australia (Peru can take this spot)

GROUP D

1: Argentina
2: Croatia (Can see Iceland here)

GROUP E

1: Brazil
2: Switzerland

GROUP F

1: Germany
2: Mexico (Can see Sweden here.... As much as I hate Mexico Rival, I am pulling for them)

GROUP G

1: Belgium (Can see this flip as well with England)
2: England

GROUP H

1: Colombia
2: Poland (Maybe Japan can sneak in here)

@emo peru are really strong. especially guerrero, cueva and farfan. these 3 can cause some major chaos. cueva is what di maria used to be at real madrid. guerrero is a strong 9 - if he was english, there would be no talk of harry kane. and farfan is an anchor, can hit the ball from anywhere and it'll go in to the net. new zealand did really well to keep him off the ball, but he still scored a screamer when they let their guard down.

• History

@emo peru are really strong. especially guerrero, cueva and farfan. these 3 can cause some major chaos. cueva is what di maria used to be at real madrid. guerrero is a strong 9 - if he was english, there would be no talk of harry kane. and farfan is an anchor, can hit the ball from anywhere and it'll go in to the net.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Know Farfan a bit because of PES, his regen in one of the game was pretty sick. :D Anyway, it seem that Peru got a stronger team than I expected. How are their defense and midfield though?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So here is a possible outcome for the knockout phase if the favorites all tops their group:
Match 49: Russia vs Portugal
Match 50: France vs Croatia
Match 57: France vs Portugal in quarter-final

Match 53: Brazil vs Mexico
Match 54: Belgium vs Colombia
Match 58: Belgium vs Brazil in quarter-final

Match 61: France vs Brazil in semi-final

Match 51: Spain vs Uruguay
Match 52: Argentina vs Peru (more exciting scenario than against Denmark imo)
Match 59: Spain vs Argentina in quarter-final

Match 55: Germany vs Switzerland
Match 56: Poland vs England
Match 60: Germany vs England

Match 62: Spain vs Germany in semi-final

Final would then be Brazil or France vs Spain or Germany.

Of course, this only one of the many possible outcome, tell me however if you think this might happen and what scenario would you like to see the most, I'm interested to hear what you guys hope to see the most at World Cup 2018. :D

Aiden_Finland 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Group A: Uruguay; Russia
Group B: Spain; Portugal
Group C: France; Australia
Group D: Croatia; Nigeria
Group E: Brazil; Serbia
Group F: Germany; Sweden
Group G: Belgium; England
Group H: Colombia; Poland

Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

This will be very interesting, can't wait for the games.

Group A:
Uruguay
Russia

This is a tough call. Egypt is good with Salah but Russia has home advantage, and they're decent as well. I see Uruguay progressing but can't tell which one of these two. I say heartbreak for Salah, and call it for Russia.

But who knows? If Uruguay don't hit the ground running, it could be them that's out.

Group B:
Spain
Portugal

Easy this one.

Group Charlie:
France
Denmark

Hard to call between Denmark and Peru. Both can be very good on their days and terrible when things don't go their way. Hard call but I think Denmark will prevail.

Group D:
Croatia
Argentina

Sucks to have Iceland and Nigeria in this difficult group. They both play well, but I think Croatia and Argentina are just a level above them but.. you never know. One bad call from and suddenly Croatia is self-destructing.

Group E:
Brazil
Costa Rica

Sorry Serbia, did well in qualifiers but this is as far as you go...
Joking! Not sorry at all. :)

Group F:
Germany
Mexico/Sweden

Can't pick between Sweden and Mexico. Some very intriguing groups we have this time around.

Group G:
Belgium
England

Meh..

Group H:
Poland
Colombia

Both Senegal and Japan could give the favorites the run for their money but I think ultimately they'll prevail. Colombia should feel very fortunate James moved to Bayern, he's back to his old self just in time.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Gonzi, no reason to underestimate Argentina. Who says Sampaoli won't fix problems in midfield and defence? Who says they won't get motivated for Messi's last true chance? How can anyone not fear attack with Aguero and Higuain sitting on bench? I think they're still tournament favorites, atleast top 6. Can't wait to see what our boys can do against top team. Just unlucky we cross with France if we end 2nd and France 1st which is most realistic ;/

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@gonzi good to see you back man!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Imo, Argentina is one of the favourite, not among the most expected one pherhap but they shouldn't be taken lightly. They are part of the only team I can see go all the way. Other team that could make it are Brazil, Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Portugal and England (very, very unlikely though).