enter image description here

Thoughts? Opinions? Who passes?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Agreed about letting his country down, its a mess. :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

His suspension got lowered to 6 months so he will be able to play for Peru after all.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Oh, ok. Well, at least it'll give Peru a bigger fighting chance, I just hope he learned from this and won't touch that kind of stuff again. :)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@Emo Well FIFA ruled out consumption of cocaine. His defense was that to treat his cold, he had tea that also contained coca leaves while he was with the rest of the team at a Peruvian hotel before the game against Argentina. Coca leaves are used medicinally in countries like Peru and Guerrero of course wasn't aware that the tea contained coca leaves :p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan21 He had a cold and took a tea with coca leave in it to help him get better before a match? I don't know, that seem awfully fishy to me. Btw, aren't football supposed to take stuff to make them more resistant to illness? Isn't very rare for them to even be sick in the first place?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Crazy how pretty much every single European team lost in these friendlies vs South American teams.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

^ In Europe's defense.. The only unexpected result was France being beaten by Colombia. Besides that result, Russia, Cech Republic, Croatia and Italy were all not expected to perform great.

Remember that the host nation favors historically the teams from that region. Only twice in the history of the tournament a team from Europe has won in South America or the other way around. Im expecting for a European winner this time. Its either Spain vs Brazil or Spain vs Germany for the final.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

It's not entirely bad to lose before the real tournament begins, because the manager can at least detect the flaw.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@thebaldgenius Exactly, you learn more from defeat than from victory. Hope the team who lost take it to heart though. Would be a shame for team like France not to go far in WC.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Knowing that you're behind other teams when the WC is so near...hmm not a good sign.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, team have a tendency to play differently when its a friendly and a lots of different thing can happen in a game between the two same team but I agree its 100% not good to lose against someone you should win so close to world cup. I'm glad about Colombia winning that game though cause I was really worried they weren't gonna be competitive. Look like I was worrying over nothing.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Just don't understand so much why is Colombia in focus, I expect them to score goals against most teams, France is still inexperienced as a team with new star players and they need more time so they don't have a clear gameplan or system like Germany and Spain have.

Island lost 3:0 against Mexico that always loses to Argentina, Croatia lost 2:0 to Peru, and those two Euro teams were in the same group that was the weakest in Euro quals so as of now I think that Argentina will top that group very easy.

The only team I think that took an unfair hit was Poland but they didn't play vs a South American team, Sweden lost to Chile that isn't going to the World Cup and Brazil looks like they might be just fine even without Neymar.

WC being in Europe like 2006 is one thing like history shows, but Russia is a different type of country, if another team can win the WC that is played in Europe I bet it can be this one in Russia.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Didn't even realise Mexico won against Iceland by such an huge margin. As for Poland, I don't consider a 1-0 lose is that bad. To be fair, other than Lewandoski, you can't really say Poland has many top player and even if they do play well as a team, they are certainly not the most expected team in WC imo. Still starting to wonder if South Americain team won't suprise us at the world cup now though.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

peru will go farther than expected by many. uruguay will go really far as well. considering poland played with all their starters and they are ranked 6th by FIFA, that loss was disastrous, they will get bodied by any south american team.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Group A

Uruguay
Egypt
Group B

Spain
Portugal

Group C

France
Denmark

Group D

Argentina
Croatia

Group E

Brazil
Serbia

Group F

Germany
Mexico

Group G

England
Belguim

Group H

Colombia
Poland

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Group A

Uruguay
Russia

Group B

Spain
Portugal

Group C

France
Denmark

Group D

Argentina
Croatia

Group E

Brazil
Serbia

Group F

Germany
Mexico

Group G

England
Belguim

Group H

Colombia
Poland

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Not many people has Serbia highly rated, they are the team to watch for.

BlueBlueBlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, Serbia 0 38

Serbia wins group