Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2018 Talks
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Round of 16:
enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and resutls between team in the World Cup. Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Qualified for Knockout Round:

• Russia
  • Uruguay
  • France
  • Croatia

Eliminated before Knockout Round:

• Egypt
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Morocco
  • Peru
Comments
538 11432

DAMN! Croatia 3, Argentina 0. Thats rough. Didn't saw that coming at all. :( Argentina will need to hope Iceland won't perform against Nigeria and Croatia otherwise, it will be an early exit. Really dissapointed with Sampaoli, especially considered he was dubbed as many as the manager Argentina needed to turn thing around. It ain't working at all after all. :(

• History

DAMN! Croatia 3, Argentina 0. Thats rough. Didn't saw that coming at all. :(

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I just dont get this Argentinian coach. Even when they were down in the second half, they were all attacking alone, no more than 3 ppl supporting the attack, terrible performance. And why substitute Kun ? And why did you not let Di Maria play ?
Anyways, cheers for croatia.

Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Watch now all the Messi fanboys will be talking and defending him, saying things like Messi can't do it all alone. Like, he's got a terrible team around him. Never mind the fact that he has Aguero, Di Maria, Dybala, Higuain, Banega, Masche, and etc. (Also never mins the fact that CR scored 60 goals a season playing with Higuain and Di Maria).

Yet when he is/was playing in a team that surrounded him with super-stars, he undeservedly took all the glory.

But people on twitter saying he doesn't deserve the blame. (As I'm sure many will say here).

Can't have it both ways.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's 11 individuals running around. Croatia bossed our midfield without much trouble. Sad thing is, while it was 0-0 it was really even and we should have gone ahead but Perez screwed up all alone. And then Willy goes and gifts a goal (great finish though).
Second goal was just great from Modric and the third we had already given up. That's our current mentality. No spirit in the team to fight.

I'm more sad for Peru who fought really hard but just couldn't score. It's a shame because they were good and made France look rather poor.

raimondo90 6 years ago

And here goes Ameer making it about Messi instead or Argentina or Croatia. Ok bud.

Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Is this a match thread, or simply World Cup Talk?

You sound confused.

538 11432

Messi deserve part of the blame but to be completely fair, without him, Argentina wouldn't even be in the world cup as we speak. He got them here in the first place. And I don't think he underservedly took "all" the glory up until now, he deservedly took most of it. Now don't get me wrong, Messi did underperform but Argentina other "super-stars" didn't do much better until now. Only guy who deserve credit in this world cup for Argentina is Aguero, the rest are all equaly dissapointing for me. :(

And yeah, more than Argentina being bad, I feel Croatia was really good, especially in the midfield.

@Amerr Its simply World Cup Talk, we can speak about any match here or anything happening around the world cup. For example, we could discuss about this piece of art: enter image description here

• History

Messi deserve part of the blame but to be completely fair, without him, Argentina wouldn't even be in the world cup as we speak. He got them here in the first place. And I don't think he underservedly took "all" the glory up until now, he deservedly took most of it. Now don't get me wrong, Messi did underperform but Argentina other "super-stars" didn't do much better until now. Only guy who deserve credit in this world cup for Argentina is Aguero, the rest are all equaly dissapointing for me. :(

And yeah, more than Argentina being bad, I feel Croatia was really good, especially in the midfield.

raimondo90 6 years ago

@Amer I'm talking about the most recent match. All you brought to talk about is how Messi should be blamed. Is that all you care for this cup?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo No, he propably also care about the fact Ronaldo scored 4 already. XD

kyoekyar 6 years ago Edited
12 163

Oh guys come on... I don't want to see another messi v ronaldo discussion...

• History

Oh guys come on... I don't want to see another messi v ronaldo discussion...

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo
Referee got Argentina to World Cup not Messi. I ask you rewind the tape and watch it again.

Argentina were completely incompetent to play this cup and their managers tactics adds insult to the injury. I really hope Iceland goes through because Argentina will not add anything exciting with this football to this WC

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 To be sincere, not sure I would describe Iceland playing style as exciting but I get what you mean. :P

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Argentina is cursed. End of discussion. Sampaoli has demonstrated an ability to work with whatever he has in front of him. Give him 3 Sunday league players and 8 under-12 players and watch him do work. To have an XI of some of the world's finest and to not show up is surely curious. Actually, maybe an overabundance of talent IS the problem.

Honestly, things didn't look good for Argentina before the world cup so not exactly a shocker in my opinion.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Honestly, things didn't look good for Argentina before the world cup so not exactly a shocker in my opinion.

Yeah, I guess the suprise is mostly we were expecting to see them react out of pride, but nope. They are still the same as they were in the friendly and qualifier. :(

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I didn't watch the Argentina v Croatia game, but I'm assuming it's probably going to end bitterly for the Argentinians if Iceland decides to stomp over Nigeria tonight, but I did watch the Denmark v Australia and a bit of Peru v France.

In case you're curious, long story short, Australia had great possession, but are useless at finishing (as usual). Robbie Kruse deserves to be crucified after this match because that walking limp c*ck was bottling every chance he got. This costed us one dangerous point that would leave their fate in France's hands should they win against Denmark with no goals conceded. If this is the case, we absolutely need to win against Peru, no alternatives, or else that's another four years wasted for the lads.

Peru, on the other hand, did show a lot of fight against France last night, but it was no surprise that France's organization was top notch, ad Mbappe was untouchable. Sad day for Peruvians (and my Farfan on Fantasy), but the crowd was immense and deserve a lot of credit.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Robbie Kruse deserves to be crucified after this match because that walking limp c*ck was bottling every chance he got

Lmaoo watched the game and Arzani did more than him in little playtime he got. And he's 19.

Australia was good in both matches tbh. Showed talent against France (while France didn't in reverse) and had better 2nd half than Denmark. This group is interesting to me because we cross with it, so I gotta watch it. Denmark is tough opponent but is not unstoppable, France are underperforming but that battle for 1st spot will show the real quality of both teams.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Lmaoo watched the game and Arzani did more than him in little playtime he got. And he's 19.

@Croatian,

Arzani is a breath of fresh air on the wings, if Leckie can still maintain his incredible international form in the future, both would be wonderful prospects (and Kruse can retire a happy man). However, we still lack that crucial number 10 who can who bang in the goals, game by game when we already have a well equipped ensemble for everything else. Someone with a Miroslav Klose-esque ability can turn our team into a powerhouse of a footballing nation. Timmy Cahill use to be that man, but he's a dinosaur. Perhaps Jamie Maclaren can be that man when he's all healed up from his injury, but time will tell.

As for Denmark, their early game is surprisingly good, but I personally found them to tire out easily in the second half. The only major threat in their squad, imo, was Sisto because that lad can slither through our defense like a snake if he wants to! If you do happen to get Denmark in the Ro16, you have a good chance of pulling through to the QF, but just be wary of their midfield, and Schmeichel isn't so bad either.

If you get France, however, rip!

• History

Arzani is a breath of fresh air on the wings, if Leckie can still maintain his incredible international form in the future, both would be incredibly prospects (and Kruse can retire a happy man). However, we still lack that crucial number 10 who can who bang in the goals, game by game when we already have a well equipped ensemble for everything else. Someone with a Miroslav Klose-esque ability can turn our team into a powerhouse of a footballing nation. Timmy Cahill use to be that man, but he's a dinosaur. Perhaps Jamie Maclaren can be that man when he's all healed up from his injury, but time will tell.

As for Denmark, their early game is surprisingly good, but I personally found them to tire out easily in the second half. The only major threat in their squad, imo, was Sisto because that lad can slither through our defense like a snake if he wants to! If you do happen to get Denmark in the Ro16, you have a good chance of pulling through to the QF, but just be wary of their midfield, and Schmeichel isn't so bad either.

Arzani is a breath of fresh air on the wings, if Leckie can still maintain his incredible international form in the future, both would be wonderful prospects (and Kruse can retire a happy man). However, we still lack that crucial number 10 who can who bang in the goals, game by game when we already have a well equipped ensemble for everything else. Someone with a Miroslav Klose-esque ability can turn our team into a powerhouse of a footballing nation. Timmy Cahill use to be that man, but he's a dinosaur. Perhaps Jamie Maclaren can be that man when he's all healed up from his injury, but time will tell.

@Croatian, Arzani is a breath of fresh air on the wings, if Leckie can still maintain his incredible international form in the future, both would be wonderful prospects (and Kruse can retire a happy man). However, we still lack that crucial number 10 who can who bang in the goals, game by game when we already have a well equipped ensemble for everything else. Someone with a Miroslav Klose-esque ability can turn our team into a powerhouse of a footballing nation. Timmy Cahill use to be that man, but he's a dinosaur. Perhaps Jamie Maclaren can be that man when he's all healed up from his injury, but time will tell.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

no, @iHeartfootball
If we play the same way we did against Peru, relaxing only after 1-0, we will lose probably, just like Brazil drew the Swiss or Serbia...

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I just like to add my two cents to discussion! Damn Germans never give up do they? They squeezed that goal even when luck and everything else was just not favoring them!

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Should Belgium deliberately lose to England in their last group match, in order to avoid Brazil/Germany in the quarters and get Mexico/Switzerland instead?