Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Would you go to China ... ?
mladen 7 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

I m curious ... If you earn 5 millions per year or even 300k as football player or something,surrounded with family and friends , would you go somewhere behind big scene,without true football and people u like to earn 10, 20 ,30 millions per year ?
I mean, if you are not satisfied with few millions ,what is your point of living ? I really don't understand some players ...You have MORE than enough to live comfortable ,luxury ....and you are going to China,sacrificing what you love to earn more than enough..
Maybe I would go there....but I would share my money even with my friends from footyroom !

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't know. If we're talking about a player like Diego Costa, then I'm sure that he's earning more than enough money right now to live a happy life. Greed is what is fueling the Chinese foreign transfers right now.

Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Greedisgood

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I totally understand it. Costa for example.. Got 150k a week in Chelsea. Gets offered 575k a week in China. 4 times the money almost. He'll probably just play for another 5 years, then he's out of the game, and the rest of his life starts. I guess it depends on what you strive for, well-being for your family or celebrity status in the football world.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's a tradeoff. What is worth more to you, money or the chance to be a legend at European club? Everyone has a price, and I can't blame people for accepting a salary that they thought they would never be able to make.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If I was on my prime being one of the best in most competitive league? no way

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

No way!!! The way things are going.. u don't even have to be a good player to receive a huge offer from China... I'd far rather work hard to play in one of Europe's top leagues than run of to China just to get a huge wage!! Its all about whether you play football for the money or whether you really love the game. As for near the end of your career - definitely MLS!!

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

end of your career...yes

ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Nah. I would be fine with 10k a week, I have no idea why these players are this full with greed.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Real hard choice in my opinion. Being a legend in europe would be cool, but going to china has it advantage as well. First off, you become filthy and can buy a ranch to your kid instead of a pony and secondly, you're actually the pioneer in a movement that help a league grow in popularity. I know that this might sound rubbish for some of you but China actually have people (I'm not talking about the rich club owner either) in it who would really like have some european talent as much as we do in their team. :P

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

İf the people start to hear smell of money they go through this direction. China will be more into the football soon. I think They are really crazy and they attract to so many footballers with this way.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Let me think... :D

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Most of players doesn't know how to earn money aside from being a Football player, a player career ends at 35 yo or less, players have an expensive lifestyle and few make Some economies...
A 30 mil contract cannot be refused for a 30yo player even in China, for South American players, playing in Europe or Asia is changing culture and continent no matter where they play.
Players most of them came from lower social classes and many help massively their families, their decisions is not only based on Passion but many hidden criterias have their impact : Beckham came to Paris because Victoria had buisness there, a player refused a French club because there was no law university for his girlfriend in the City...
I think some choices may look odd if we don't have many informations on the context, but one thing is sure, wife, kids, family And agents play a big role on decisions taken by Football players...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Underated comment, its way to easy to say a player move only because "he" want more money, he can be influenced by his wife, his agent or the rest of his family, even by his friend.