Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

WTF
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Roma vs Barca, what happened there? I didn't see the game but from another comment I saw, Barca flopped hard. Can anyone who saw the game try to help me understand how did Barca manage to lose so badly? Its a big dissapointement for me because I expected that we might see a classico in CL in the semi or final. :(

Comments
liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

barcelona played sluggish af. probably thought they were gonna win too easily. not sure who got that idea into their head but it was sooo stupid. even at 2-0 no one seemed to care. THEY SUBBED INIESTA FOR GOMES AT 2-0!!!!!

Its not like Roma played out of their skins or anything. srsly if one barcelona player cared we could have thrashed the heck out of roma.

liomessi10 6 years ago

defence was caught up in attack SO MANY TIMES and guess what!: they made no effort literally to run back.

and at 3-0 they should have known to switch to high tempo football like man city did the whole game. the amount of times roma gave the ball away in last 20 minutes honestly.

liomessi10 6 years ago

we got the easiest team their was – and lost.

liomessi10 6 years ago

keep in mind: that's our first defeat all season.

liomessi10 6 years ago

Barca, meanwhile, looked half-asleep, as though they were heading out for a gentle early-evening stroll while casually considering their plans for dinner.

BBC

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

It is only karma knowing how much Roma was underrated through these two matches.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Only one team showed up to play. Barcelona were never in the game, got totally outplayed by Roma's high pressing. Roma's energy was through the roof the whole game and Barcelona were not close to matching it.

Really, I don't know what Barca's coach told them but they were sitting back the entire game just defending their result from the first leg and gave Roma the initiative. 1-0 and nothing changed, 2-0 and nothing changed, had to wait for the 3-0 to finally get some sort of response from the team and from their manager.

All credit to Roma players who just kept on pushing, while Barcelona were too sure that the 4-1 would carry them into the semis and got punished for it.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It was THE WORST game of Barca I have seen in the last 3 years.

Barca came in the game with 4 - 1 lead, wanted to play slow and safe. And turned into a COMPLETE clueless team. They didn't know whether to attack or all out aggressive defend, it was painful game to watch

Roma was exceptional, every single player. Especially the coach, while Valverde was completely clueless and slow. Barca suffered the ENTIRE time without ANY reflection.

Suffered 16 shots and about double the number of dangerous attack until 85 mins (WHAATTTT)??? Messi and Suarez were complete cut off up-front . Busquet seemed not FIT. And NOT a single tactical change was given.

Then Gomez came in at 82 min. REALLLLYYYY???????????

I said it again and said it now, Barca does not have the squad to become champ. They just dont. Thanks to Messi they pull through hard time. Compare to team like Real who the whole squad is really DEEP!

I dont want to bash a coach because of 1 game, but last game showed how important a great coach is in time of bad.

@lio: you were right, Barca players looked clueless and slow. That's on their credit too.

And seriously without Messi, Barca is just like a mid-table team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Barca came in the game with 4 - 1 lead, wanted to play slow and safe. And turned into a COMPLETE clueless team. They didn't know whether to attack or all out aggressive defend, it was painful game to watch

Roma was exceptional, every single player. Especially the coach, while Valverde was completely clueless and slow. Barca suffered the ENTIRE time without ANY reflection.

Suffered 16 shots and about double the number of dangerous attack until 85 mins (WHAATTTT)??? Messi and Suarez were complete cut off up-front . Busquet seemed not FIT. And NOT a single tactical change was given.

I said it again and said it now, Barca does not have the squad to become champ. They just dont. Thanks to Messi they pull through hard time. Compare to team like Real who the whole squad is really DEEP!

I dont want to bash a coach because of 1 game, but seriously without Messi, Barca is just like a mid-table team.

I dont want to bash a coach because of 1 game, but last game showed how important a great coach is in time of bad.

@lio: you were right, Barca players looked clueless and slow. That's on their credit too.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Impressive to hear so much praise for Eusebio Di Francesco, Roma manager. He's a pretty good manage as seen with his time at Sassuolo but his Roma side is not the best there ever was, he is still very close to both Inter and Lazio (actually behind them on goal difference) and far behind Napoli. Will be hoping to see more of him in the future, at 48 year old, this guy got a long career ahead of him.

As for Barca, I really don't understand, I would have gone for the goal at the start of the game, they completely flopped on that occassion. Too bad for Valverde, he had a perfect season until now and because of this defeat, I feel like they are going to be much complain against him.

• History

Impressive to hear so much praise for Eusebio Di Francesco, Roma manager. He's a pretty good manage as seen with his time at Sassuolo but his Roma side is not the best there ever was, he is still very close to both Inter and Lazio (actually behind them on goal difference) and far behind Napoli. Will be hoping to see more of him in the future, at 48 year old, this guy got a long career ahead of him.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I think it's the worst game of barca, andre gomes replace iniesta when you need goals??? credit to roma, they play conte's formation and it proves to be better than 4-3-3 as they usually did. champions league mystery fact: the team that beats barcelona had always gone to the final at the very least. bayern, chelsea, inter, man utd, juventus, atletico and now roma. I have a good feeling about them being the darkhorse. :p it's just a funny correlation without reasoning lol

liomessi10 6 years ago

I hate asking for a manager to be sacked esp after such a good season but if he tells his team theyre already through and just play lazy even at 1-0 down in half time break, hes stupid

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@thebaldgenius I really would love to see them go to the final but I don't expect them to beat Real so if they meet them in the semi, its over for them imo.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

LMAO!

What a fantastic last 7-10 days for me!

Guardiola, yet again, gets found and dumped out at the start of the business end of a Champions League season. It's been what, 7-8 years now since Guardiola did well in CL? Despite the ridiculous amount of $$ spent teach year, not a single year did any one of his requests been ignored or unfulfilled by his club. Both at Bayern and City. Constantly showing the World that my long held belief (which I wasn't shy about sharing) that Guardiola is a pretender who's won all his reputation and success not due to some revolutionary genius that many and media claim that he is - but because he got lucky to have been handed a core of players consisting of a world beating Spanish dynasty. Even if tiki_taka was a manager of that team, he'd win trebles and wow the planet. I will consider it a wasted opportunity that there wasn't a truly revolutionary manager coaching that team.. I mean imagine what a truly great manager could've done with that side?

I just wonder how long, and how many multi-million dollar contracts he'll get to sign in his life-time simply because he got 'lucky'. We won't know for some time still, I bet.

City gets knocked out, which of course followed the amazing performance of Real in Turin.

It was made all the more sweeter considering the team that lost in that same stadium, a year ago, and by what score-line. Who got completely nullified, and who completely destroyed them. :D

I thought it could not get better than this.

But than, wait a minute, wait a minute...

Barca gets knocked out by Roma, of all teams!! The team that just two years ago lost 4-0 to Real Madrid at the same stage while cules were screaming their heads off that Real was getting a cake-walk to the final!

Ecstacy. Just so so so good.. these last 10 days have been for me.

Let us hope that today, Real Madrid finishes the job and advances to the semi finals. That will be the perfect ending, the cherry on top of a cake.

BTW: Had so so much more to say in regards to each one of these events but I don't wanna bore anyone. The way these events unfolded, it felt like..a long lost, a long coming retaliation of a sort - against pretenders and fakes.

• History

LMAO!

Guardiola, yet again, gets found and dumped out at the start of the business end of a Champions League season. It's been what, 7-8 years now since Guardiola did well in CL? Despite the ridiculous amount of $$ spent teach year, not a single year did any one of his requests been ignored or unfulfilled by his club. Both at Bayern and City. Constantly showing the World that my long held belief (which I wasn't shy about sharing) that Guardiola is a pretender who's won all his reputation and success not due to some revolutionary genius that many and media claim that he is - but because he got lucky to have been handed a core of players consisting of a world beating Spanish dynasty. Even if tiki_taka was a manager of that team, he'd win trebles and wow the planet. I will consider it a wasted opportunity that there wasn't a truly revolutionary manager coaching that team.. I mean imagine what a truly great manager could've done with that side?

I just wonder how long, and how many multi-million dollar contracts he'll get to sign in his life-time simply because he got 'lucky'. We won't know for some time still, I bet.

City gets knocked out, which of course followed the amazing performance of Real in Turin.

It was made all the more sweeter considering the team that lost in that same stadium, a year ago, and by what score-line. Who got completely nullified, and who completely destroyed them. :D

Barca gets knocked out by Roma, of all teams!! The team that just two years ago lost 4-0 to Real Madrid at the same stage while cules were screaming their heads off that Real was getting a cake-walk to the final!

Let us hope that today, Real Madrid finishes the job and advances to the semi finals. That will be the perfect ending, the cherry on top of a cake.

LMAO!

BTW: Had so so much more to say in regards to each one of these events but I don't wanna bore anyone. The way these events unfolded, it felt like.. retribution.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr We get it, your pleased by how event happened. You could have just said it like that, it would have been simpler. :P

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, wrong money doesn't always bring success --> even "if tiki is manager, he'd win trebles". explain then why tata martino don't win la liga and champions league. just another pep hater, using this lost as base for your argument. just pray your real madrid don't get liverpool in the semifinal, instead of thrash talking other team.

Daggerwall 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

Well, they basically played like PSG from last year after they had won their first leg by 4 goals but imagine Barca not even trying to score until the 82nd minute. Extremely disappointed from this team and they didn't have any control in the mid and they played defensive and didn't even do that properly. You would imagine that subbing in Paulinho or Dembele early would've been better or maybe denis suarez but he opts to sub lord Gomez, no offence to him but he wasn't what barca needed lol.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

OMG... Lolll it is happening againnnn

liomessi10 6 years ago

@amerr

that's the problem. roma are so easy valverde didn't take them seriously.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@the_bald_genius

Clearly you're new here so I'll try to be take it easy but considering the overall tone of my comment along with clearly stating that this is a long held belief, to say that I'm using "one loss" to hate on Guardiola is such an elementary conclusion, a most basic accusation that was copied and learned without actually even understanding how it came or would come to be to begin with.

I never needed a game like this to come my conclusion regarding Guardiola. There have already been so, so many events that could be brought up as examples of Guardiolas clear lack of managerial or coaching ability. At least not of such level as to be so revered.

Even as a manager of Barcelona, despite having a squad of so much talent, a team that was clearly a level above all others for a number of years, he did not manage to successfully defend a CL crown - that should have been a harbinger of what was to come. Taking over Hyneckes treble winning squad, his team got demolished following 3 years in a row by Spanish teams in CL. Winning Bundes with Bayern is not enough to be considered successful. They literally have no challenger for the league. He's already spent so much at City, bought so many top level players and this year, the EPL crown is the first trophy he had won since leaving Barca that could be considered as earmed and worthy of respect. That's the only thing he's done after Barca.

There have been maany managers who have done so much more ..with less.

You really do not want to know what I think of people who consider Guardiola to be anything more than average.

Anyway, you sound like a Brit with that typical blown up over-confidence in the ability of EPL teams, and in your case it's Liverpool.

Honestly.. I hope Real doesn't get Liverpool either, that is if they go through (and down 2-0 at half time, it's worrying). I hope Liverpool gets Roma while Real does battle with Bayern. Because that is the ONLY WAY a team we haven't recently seen in a final will make it there. I would prefer something new this year, and I wouldn't mind if Real doesn't make it. Already a two-time winner..

Liverpool is an average team on a spectacular run but they're no match for any one of the elite top 3 (Real, Bayern, Barca)

• History

Clearly you're new here so I'll try to be take it easy but considering the overall tone of my comment along with clearly stating that this is a long held belief, to say that I'm using "one loss" to hate on Guardiola is such an elementary conclusion, a most basic accusation that was copied and learned without actually even understanding how it came or would come to be to begin with.

I never needed a game like this to come my conckuss regarding Guardiola. There have already been so, so many events that could be brought up as examples of Guardiolas clear lack of managerial or coaching ability. At least not of such level as to be so revered.

Even as a manager of Barcelona, despite having a squad of so much talent, a team that was clearly a level above all others for a number of years, he did not manage to successfully defend a CL crown - that should have been a harbinger of what was to come. Taking over Hyneckes treble winning squad, his team got demolished following 3 years in a row by Spanish teams in CL. Winning Bundes with Bayern is not enough to be considered successful. They literally have no challenger for the league. He's already spent so much at City, bought so many top level players and this year, the EPL crown is the first trophy he had won since leaving Barca that could be considered as earmed and worthy of respect. That's the only thing he's done after Barca.

You really do not want to know what I think of people who consider Guardiola to be anything more than average.

Anyway, you sound like a Brit with that typical blown up over-confidence in the ability of EPL teams, and in your case it's Liverpool.

Honestly.. I hope Real doesn't get Liverpool either, that is if they go through (and down 2-0 at half time, it's worrying). I hope Liverpool gets Roma while Real does battle with Bayern. Because that is the ONLY WAY a team we haven't recently seen in a final will make it there. I would prefer something new this year, and I wouldn't mind if Real doesn't make it. Already a two-time winner..

But Liverpool is an average team on a spectacular run but they're no match for any one of the elite top 3 (Real, Bayern, Barca)

@the_bald_genius

I never needed a game like this to come my conckuss regarding Guardiola. There have already been so, so many events that could be brought up as examples of Guardiolas clear lack of managerial or coaching ability. At least not of such level as to be so revered.

But Liverpool is an average team on a spectacular run but they're no match for any one of the elite top 3 (Real, Bayern, Barca)

@the_bald_genius

I never needed a game like this to come my conclusion regarding Guardiola. There have already been so, so many events that could be brought up as examples of Guardiolas clear lack of managerial or coaching ability. At least not of such level as to be so revered.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

OHHHH SHIEEEETTTT 3 - 3.

Real aint' through YET!!!