Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Your biggest suprise of the season?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Let share what we think are the greatest suprise of the season. The stuff we did not imagine would happen.

Ligue 1 being so competitive
Never saw Monaco and Nice sucess this season. Never expected PSG to strugle so much at first without Zlatan and Blanc either. Seriously, I did not expect to see Ligue 1 become a three horse race. Pretty happy about it and did not expect Monaco in particular were seriously impressive this season.

English team position right now
Was expecting a bit better from United, Arsenal and Liverpool to be fair. Liverpool and Arsenal collapsed recently while United had a hard beggining of the season, still, it seem the later are back on track and if they can get point against other rival, they might manage a top four finish. But above that, I did expect Chelsea would lead the league at this point by nearly 10 point. Antonio Conte genius made a team who had previously fallen from grace not only a top contender once, he literaly transformed the team onto one full of winner. Chelsea will never cease to suprise me. It was also great to see the revival of player like Hazard, Costa and Pedro, who have done so much better this season.

Antonio
Not really worth a mention by itself, you might say but still, in my opinion, this guy saved West Ham first half of the season.

La Liga
I must say I was very suprised to see Atletico and Barca lose point at the beggining of the season while RM went on to have a nearly unbeaten run. Truly incredible and I must say as a neutral fan who like Barca a bit more than Real that I'm quite happy with the results. What I mean by that is that I'm looking foward to have another La Liga champion than Barcelona this year. Sevilla is also suprisingly still in course to finish third, something I did not expect at all.

Eredivisie
Feyenoord might actually win it this year, as a neutral fan I'm hyped!

CL
The CL had it parts of suprise as well, results we did not expect have happened, like Real drawing against Legia and finishing second of their group. Barca 4-0 defeat against PSG was also a shock results.

Leipzig, Dortmund and Bayern
Leipzig having such good results despite being a promoted side was quite suprising. Borussia Dortmund tendency to win by huge margin and then lose or draw against sometime weaker team was also suprising and a bit annoying. Bayern had decent results as well but they were not as impressive as we first expected as well despite having such a great coach in Anceloti.

I know those story are kind of old news now, but I wanted to see share my greatest surprise of the season, seeing if you guys agreed with me and what was the stuff that suprised you the most this season. Thanks in advance for sharing lads. ;)

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Good time to revive this thread even if its still soon in the new season! What is your current suprise of the season?

Manchester City dominating PL
Last year, they could have missed CL and had a hard time despite bringing in some decent reinforcement. Now, they seem better than ever and at last, Pep style is dominating. Sure, they paid more than anyone else in the transfer window to fix their defense and replace a lots of older player who left the team but I never expected everything to work so well for them. Ederson also deserve a shout, been superb for them imo.

Real Madrid not dominating La Liga
Real despite crushing Barcelona in the spanish supercup had some problem at the beggining of the season and in my opinion, still have some, namely, they lack a lethal finisher upfront. The only player who is constantly dangerous for them is Ronaldo (Asension and Isco are also very good when they play close to goal from what I understand) and this have made it very complicated for Real whose defense is also showing some weakness at time. Considering they won La Liga and CL last season, I expected them to have a much better start to the season.

Inter and Napoli doing so good in Serie A
Despite not recruiting a lot of new player unlike some of their rival, Napoli and Inter have had very good results. Especially considering Inter had such hard time last season. Meanwhile, AC Milan have had much harder time than I expected despite signing some pretty good player like Kessie, Bonucci, Mussachio, Andre Silva or Biglia. Juventus have also struggled to find their form despite a pretty decent start to the season.

Will post more when I have more time but seriously, this new season is full of surprises. :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

For me it's no surprise that Real Madrid isn't dominating, after all they didn't dominate last year, it was a tight race.
For the rest I agree though, happy for Napoli hope that they can win it as they are the only team from south Italy to ever win scudetto and that was with Maradona, but it's still a long way to go.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazoenter image description here

Big game between Napoli and Inter today by the way, I kinda hope Napoli win it. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo as a kid I had a shirt of Ronaldo number 9 from Inter so I kinda like Inter as well (though ironically only while they were waiting for the title for around 14 years lol) so may the best win xD

PS. IDK if you ever tried to watch the series I mentioned from an old thread but Gomorra is awesome :D

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Ancelotti and Bayern Munich
Big surprise for me there, to see Bayern sack Carlo after only a season and a few month and then replace him with Heynckes. Bringing in a manager after he hasn't been mananing for a few year seemed like a really bad idea for me but as of now, its working. Still need to see how this will develop of course however. As for Carlo, I thought it was very unlike Bayern board even if weird choice were made at time.

De Boer and Crystal Palace
They both beat record I wasn't expected either of them to break. De Boer was the quickest sack in PL history and CP had the worse start of the season in the top flight. Seriously, considering they managed to avoid relegation and that they had time to fix their problem, I was expecting them to manage to reach relatively high in the bottom half of the table, especially when you got a manager with as much experience as De Boer. Instead, they are last of the table, only scored 2 goal (one of them was an OG) in 9 games, won a single game, already have a new manager and will propably be fighting the rest of the season to pull themselve away from the relagation zone. :(

@Golazo Well, technically, I don't have anything against Inter but as a neutral fan, I'm dreaming of seeing someone else than Juventus win Serie this season and I believe Napoli might be our best shot as of now. Also, the fact I like AC Milan a bit doesn't help me completely. But otherwise, I'll be completely happy with whoever win that game. :)

PS: Haven't had the chance yet to watch it but I would seriously like to give it a shot at one point. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ancelotti and Bayern Munich
Big surprise for me there, to see Bayern sack Carlo after only a season and a few month and then replace him with Heynckes. Bringing in a manager after he hasn't been mananing for a few year seemed like a really bad idea for me but as of now, its working. Still need to see how this will develop of course however. As for Carlo, I thought it was very unlike Bayern board even if weird choice were made at time.

De Boer and Crystal Palace
They both beat record I wasn't expected either of them to break. De Boer was the quickest sack in PL history and CP had the worse start of the season in the top flight. Seriously, considering they managed to avoid relegation and that they had time to fix their problem, I was expecting them to manage to reach relatively high in the bottom half of the table, especially when you got a manager with as much experience as De Boer. Instead, they are last of the table, only scored 2 goal (one of them was an OG) in 9 games, won a single game, already have a new manager and will propably be fighting the rest of the season to pull themselve away from the relagation zone. :(

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Emo, well, Inter isn't playing so well, but are getting solid results. They win with like 1-0, 2-0 against lower teams and that's why I like Napoli more, also looking forward to the match. Might expose Inter, might be a shock for Napoli. Also can't say anything but that Heynckes has big balls to accept this job, and he is doing great. Especially with Coman and Alaba who are back in form and Robben too. James seems to be a bit in worse shape aswell as seen today against HSV but overall good start.

Ostersund is first in its UEL group with Bilbao, Hertha and Zorya. Newcastle, Watford and Burnley are doing suprisingly good in PL. Valencia is second in La Liga, while Betis and Sociedad are also playing wonderful football. Hannover had positive start to season, while Freiburg, Werder and Koln were awful. Dybala, Immobile and Mertens with such good form. Saint-Ettiene doing so good/Nice doing so bad.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

They way Alexis, Lacazette and Ozil played against Everton. So good :)