Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Your top ten most surprising transfer this summer?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So, this summer, we had a lots of big transfer and some of wich were quite surprising. I think it would be interested however to know wich was the most surprising one in everyone opinion. Your welcome to explain why you think one transfer is more suprising but please stay respectful. Anyway, here my least.

1. Bonucci to Milan (Biggest surprise of transfer window for me, we are talking about a guy who won so many serie A title with Juventus and been playing there at the top level for so long, going to Milan really seemed like it was coming from nowhere, especially considering the club while ambitious is still nowhere near its former glory.)

2. Neymar to PSG (I knew about the release clause, we all knew, but still, nobody thought PSG would actually trigger it and above all else, that Neymar would actually chose to join them. Seem like a strange move but it does improve PSG potential and its brand to a scary level.)

3. Lacazette to Arsenal (Weird for a third place but follow me on this one, Arsenal has been linked with him since I started watching football seriously, and all I ever heard was fan saying stuff like sign him already or we actually never getting him. So yeah, I got influenced to the point of thinking that Arsenal would never manage to sign him, especially after he was linked with Atletico Madrid as a possible replacement for Griezmann. But in the end, Atletico got their ban, Arsenal at last payed enough and the rest is history.)

4. M'bappe to PSG (Wasn't expecting to leave this summer to be fair or to a direct rival, at first, I really believed if he was to leave, it would be for Madrid, but in the end, PSG managed to get him first, will be interesting to watch him, Neymar and Cavani terrorize Ligue 1 defense all year long.)

5. James Rodgriguez to Bayern Munich (Ok, its only a loan move with an option to buy but I was still very surpised to see such a move happen after all, since, deal like that rarely does happen and it it does, it isn't for such talented footballer. Beside, James was expecting to make a permanent move to PL team at first and was mostly linked with United and Chelsea so in the end, him going on loan at Bayern was quite the surprise.)

6. Oxlade Chamberlain to Liverpool (Rumours of him leaving followed him this whole summer but he never looked like he was gonna move, then suddenly, last week of the transfer window, Chelsea move for him, then we learn he doesn't want to join the blues and instead, desire to leave for Liverpool. At the end of the day, I gotta say I didn't saw any of that coming.)

7. Matic to Manchester United (So yeah, they have been many rumours of a reunion between Mou and Matic now, but I would have never expected for Chelsea to let him go after his superb season, especially to a direct rival.)

8. Dani Alves to PSG (Ok, so at first, I found it bizarre that he would leave Juve after such a fine season for them, but it was for City and for Pep so it made sense to a certain extend, then paf, he end up going to PSG after all, a place where he has not real emotional reason to go.)

9. Danilo to City (Went to City to warm the bench instead of staying at Real or of going to Chelsea... weird)

10. Sneidjer to Nice (Would have love to have him to the MLS and also heard he was linked to Sampdoria but I never expected him to join Nice in the end.)
Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I still haven't recovered from Lord Bendtner move to Rosenborg

Croatian 7 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

James to us was surely a big shock, I mean, no one actually accepted us to buy another world-class midfielder but well Ancelotti doesn't seem to trust Muller anymore. Sneijder also picked decent club but I don't really know did they actually need him.

@Marcus, jokes aside, Bendtner to Rosenborg was smart move, he is in decent club and will probably maintain form as starter, thus leading him to be in Danish squad if they qualify for World Cup. He is good for Denmark aswell.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

James to us was surely a big shock, I mean, no one actually accepted us to buy another world-class midfielder but well Ancelotti doesn't seem to trust Muller anymore. Sneijder also picked decent club but I don't really know did they actually need him.

@Marcus, Bendtner to Rosenborg was smart move, he is in decent club and will probably maintain form as starter, thus leading him to be in Danish squad if they qualify for World Cup. He is good for Denmark aswell.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well for me it was Neymar leaving Barcelona, I mean sure Bonucci was a suprise but he never got enough credit for his job everyone always looked at Chiellini and as much as Juve has alot of fans it has the equal amount of haters so going to AC Milan for me doesn't top the PSG-getting-Neymar deal.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Neymar to PSG and Bonucci to AC Milan where very close to getting top, the fact that Bonucci was first was how shocking the news was when it was official, back then, I remember seeing someone say it was official and I didn't even believed it at first. Neymar, we had two whole week to ponder wether it was gonna happen or not.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Just shows it was a bigger move, Bonucci just changed but Neymar had a saga going on...

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Id say Neymar to PSG mainly because there was little indication he wanted to leave at the end of last season. He signed a new deal and then speculation began to spread about a transfer. The fee was also the highest ever.

Mbappe is my second one as I expected him to stay this final season at Monaco and then join Real Madrid. I was sure that was his path. But well, money talks and PSG offered the most.

Bonucci is just a shocking transfer because mainly it seems like a step down going from juve to a struggling Milan. But once the stories of the fallout between himself and the coach surfaced it all made sense.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, to be fair, I respect your opinion but for me it was more shocking because it all happened so fast. But I got no trouble agreeing Neymar deserve first spot in most people list.

@raimondo

But well, money talks and PSG offered the most.

Well, there is also the fact he was born in Paris and I do believe he supported the club as a child. :P But anyway, what is the whole story between Bonucci and Allegri, never heard the true one, only a fake one reported by a croatian journalist. :(

billywalendom 7 years ago
21 186

Interesting post idea, thumbs up. I wasn't necessarily surprised by the transfers since I read the explanations. Perhaps surprisingly Oxlaide-Chamberlain interested me most, although they're all exciting.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If it wasn't for Neymar, it would be Bonucci for sure. World-class defender moves to a domestic rival for below market value? Hot cookies, that's a rarity.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Arsenal has been linked with him since I started watching football

That's just sad.

Bonucci was unexpected for me too.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal has been linked with him since I started watching football

That's just sad.

Bonucci was unexpected.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Renato Sanches to Swansea was the biggest surprise for me!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@nigelpayne Fair enough, I didn't see it coming but it still make a lots of sense, since Paul Clement has tie with Bayern and that Swansea couldn't possibly try to get a buy out clause for him wich seemed to be the problem with a lot of the other team who wanted him.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Morata to Chelsea

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Wolfie Your back! :D

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

It was a nice Summer! Winter is coming brrrrr ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Wolfie The cold is okay, its the snow which annoy me the most. :( Still, great to have you back mate. Inter is doing ok as well! :D