Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Zlatan injured until next year, Rojo out for the rest of the season - well sh*t.
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Zlatan reportedly will most likely return in Jan 2018, while Rojo will also be out for the rest of the season. Wishing both a speedy recovery, but this also a good chance for Rashford to thrive his role as a CF, and I'm sure Mourinho is thinking the same.

Personally, I feel as though Zlatan's presence on the pitch suppresses Marcus's full potential, but now this is also an excellent reason for us to coup another top -notch forward like Griezemann, because his pace alongside Rashford's, I believe, will form an unstoppable force and will really suit Mourinho's style of football.

Another thing to be wary of is our defence. Rojo and Bailly made an impressive partnership throughout this season, but now that Rojo's gone, can't tell who else can replace the lad other than Smalling. But knowing Smalling, this worries me about our training fixtures. Smalling isn't bad, but he can make a lot of dumb mistakes too. Maybe its time Blind to be brought back as a CB and Shaw be given the chance to prove his worth at LB. Any thoughts?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Shaw deserves the chance at LB I agree.
Mourinho will spend more money that's for sure, the team needs to rebuild for next season no matter what.

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I saw Zlatan's injury, man that looked horrible. His knee completely bent backwards for a split second as he was landing. There's some speculation that it could even be a career ending injury. I hope that is not the case, especially with United so close to winning a European title. It would be his first European title.

Will he get a medal if United win the title? He already contributed plenty as it is..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I saw Zlatan's injury, man that looked horrible. His knee completely bent backwards for a split second as he was landing. There's some speculation that it could even be a career ending injury. I hope that is not the case, especially with United so close to winning a European title. It would be his first European title.

It's amazing to think in all his career, he has not won a single European trophy. He left Inter, they won CL next year. He left Barca, next year they also win CL.

Even though he's injured and will not play a single game, I think he will get a medal if United wins Europa League, right? It'd be a nice send off at least.

Will he get a medal if United win the title?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Sucks for Zlatan. Should open up United's attack quite nicely though, and it is convenient, because Mourinho was never going to bench him. I almost wonder if this injury was a result of the sheer lack of rest. Rojo as well. Mourinho was pubically complaining that he had to play Bailly and Rojo twice a week because of rest concerns and looks like it finally caught up to Rojo.

Smalling is also injured by the way. The new starting CB will be either Axel, or more likely, Blind. I'm not worried about the attack, Rashford has played way better than Zlatan recently, and we can always drag Rooney's butt off the bench if we have to. But we are literally running out of CB's.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash You are right, you are running out of CB, Bailly will be overworked like a crazy with the remaining game as well, hopeful, he can hold on. What about Phil Jones though? What's going on with him?

@Amerr Really woried for Zlatan, everything was looking good for him at United but that kind of injury at that kind of age, might be the last we see of him at a top team. :(

The fact Marcus Rashford will play more game will be good but in all seriousness, I'm a bit worried, about his stamina and what would happen if he couldn't rest and end up injured as well. :( What would United do then?

@Golazo You might be right, Mourinho might have to get some new player this summer, pherhap he'll go for a new striker and another CB, increase the depth of his team. :S

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

if thats the case then to be honest I don't think he'll play in Europe again maybe move to America. its a shame coz I really think he deserved a champions league title ;-(

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

What about Phil Jones though? What's going on with him?

@Emo don't you know? That guy is made of glass.

Marcus Rashford will play many games now, but Martial will push his claim to start as CF, and then Rooney will come back from his injury, so let's see what Mourinho does.

Blind is not very comfortable at CB. I still remember his error that led to us losing the Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@saatvik I know he is made of glass, but that doesn't mean he live in a hospital 24 hour a day. XD Anyway, joking aside, I know about his injury in the international break, but I wanted to know if he was getting better. By your answer, I'm guessing not. :P

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I'm ok with Zlatan being out for sometime. We get to see Rashford/Rooney upfront now. Blind to play at CB, and I want Shaw at LB and not Darmian.

As for summer buy? We just need one good midfielder to partner Herrera/Pogba. I would go for a holding mid. Maybe a backup striker and RB. We do not need anyone else.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Ashwin Would you be fine with Aurier mate? :D

@Emo, just chiming in because this rumor has been stirring up a lot of mixed reactions lately. Personally, I'd hate Mourinho signing Aurier. That lad's decent but has a very vulgar attitude to the game. Guy talks trash behind your teammates back, and worst of all, your manager's back - who brought you into the club in the first place. Who would want a trash of a human like him into your club.

Talent is one thing, but I'd like to think that players who come to our club are both talented and mentally strong, and clearly this lad has mud in his brains, whilst being talented.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@iHEARTfootball To be fair, I alway thought Aurier was a misguided lad, clearly he hang with the wrong crowd and doesn't think thing trough. Changing of liveplace and of entourage might be enough to see a change in his personality. I'm sincerely hoping he won't pull any more stupid stuff like that. I can understand how you wouldn't really want him in your team but if he does change his way? Would you give a chance? :S

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Embot, I would go for Bakayoko. I wanted him to be bought 2 years ago. That guy has been developing excellently. I wouldn't pay his market value however.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

man idk whats going on at monaco, but their recruitment is insanely good! it seems every team wants at least one player from them judging by the rumours.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Ashwin Good luck then, Monaco is a bussiness team, they buy cheap, sell high, then put the money on developement of youth.

@nandaYNWA To be fair, most of France youth academy are full of talented player, PSG and Monaco in particular have some of the best prospect in the world despite their lack of european sucess. I don't know why that is, it might have to do France disposition toward young player, it might be something else, I don't know. One thing for sure, 2 time out of 3, a young player who has been hyped in france will at least be a decent player in another country. :D

@Emo, I'm a firm believer that anyone can change their ways, but I just don't see Aurier wearing a United shirt. He's insulted Blanc (former United player), and even Zlatan, so either there would be an immediate tension risen if he is to come to OT. I'd much prefer us to focus on other players because I'm sure there are other talented fullbacks out there.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@IHEART Well, Bellerin is the most obvious one but the chance he leave Arsenal for United are weak. :( Let me think, there is Meunier, but he just arrived at PSG and is taking Aurier spot... Lichtsteiner could be an interesting option but would only be a temporary one and quite risky at that... Piszczek is also quite old and a key player at BVB... Kyle Walker would be tough to take away. De Sciglio and Nelson Semedo could both be decent option. Ricardo Pereira from Nice is also quite awesome if I'm not wrong. Sidibé from Monaco seem decent as well. Only other name I could throw around would be Hysaj and Cancelo wich are both considered to be pretty good. Take your pick, can't really think of anybody else even though there must be some other. :)

• History

@IHEART Well, Bellerin is the most obvious one but the chance he leave Arsenal for United are weak. :( Let me think, there is Meunier, but he just arrived at PSG and is taking Aurier spot... Lichtsteiner could be an interesting option but would only be a temporary one and quite risky at that... Piszczek is also quite old and a key player at BVB... Kyle Walker would be tough to take away. De Sciglio and Nelson Semedo could both be decent option. Ricardo Pereira from Nice is also quite awesome if I'm not wrong. Sidibé from Monaco seem decent as well. Only other name I could throw around and that could possibly be good would be Hysaj and Cancelo wich are both considered to be good. Take your pic, can't really think of anybody else. :)

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited

That's a good list of fullbacks you mentioned there! Hard to pick since I only know a few of them, but I'm just going to point at Lindelof* since he's been in the radar for a while now.

• History

That's a good list of fullbacks you mentioned there! Hard to pick since I only know a few of them, but I'm just going to point at Lichsteiner since he's been in the radar for a while now.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Ah, yeah, Lindelof, but isn't his main position CB though? Well, then again, I really don't watch Benfica play enough so I wouldn't know if he can play RB or not and if he is any good at those position... After taking a look at whoscored.com, it seem he only played twice this season on the right of the defense. Still seem like he would be decent at it.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Hopefully Bellerin to Barcelona, Griezmann and Belotti to Manchester United.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Griezmann or Belotti hopefully, Manchester United don't need hundred of striker. XD But I guess Griezmann could play behind the main striker as a attacking midfielder or second striker sort of player. :)