Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

4-4-2
_Pelle_ 8 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

So many teams use 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or other formations. What do you guys think of 4-4-2. Which clubs are successfully using that classic 4-4-2 formation?

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

Leicester? They are using 4-4-2 if I'm not wrong and they are finding success with it. But I'm sadly not that great at football formation so I really couldn't tell you much more than that. :D Bonne journée l'ami! ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Leicester? They are using 4-4-2 if I'm not wrong and they are finding success with it. But I'm sadly not that great at football formation so I really couldn't tell you much more than that. :D

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Atletico.

Or teams who's strength lies on defending tactics. This formation means that the attackers have complete freedom but also needs to run from the wings till the middle, they need to do their job and the wingers. They may not score much but they conceded less. usually 4-4-2 means you are going for a 1-0, 2-0 or draw. This tactic isnt basically the best one for a big scoring game.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Leicester and atleetico.

Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Didn't Juve also use 4-4-2 last season? I think they had Tevez and Morata up top. Almost won a bloody treble with that formation.

• History

Didn't Juve also use 4-4-2 last season? I think they had Tevez and Morata up top.

spanish 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 14 343

^ since when did juventus play 442? Even last season they've always been using 352 formation

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

But Juve can play 4-4-2. Morata and Dybala up front. Pogba and Khedira centeral midfielders and Cuadrado and sandro as RM and LM respectively. Looks pretty much strong

spanish 8 years ago

Juve can't play 442 they don't have any good full backs

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@spanish

Evra and Lichsteiner aren't good fullbacks?

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lichsteiner is incredibly underrated. He's a quality full-back. Probably the best RB in the world after Lahm right now.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Both Evra and Lichsteiner are good quality fullback. Some of the very best there is.

spanish 8 years ago

@sunflash, if evra is so good then why did man united sell him for such a cheap price? Surely he's too old and slow to be running back and fourth down the wing etc.

liomessi10 8 years ago

@spanish then they have alex sandro who is much better than evra

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

4-4-2 is sooo 90s

It got extinct because teams nowadays rarely use 2 strikers in a formation.

United used to play that formation with Rooney and Ronaldo up front but with little to no good results..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@spanish Do you watch a lot of Juventus game? Not to sound condescending, just asking to know if you know what your talking about. Because I would like to believe Evra is still pretty good.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

juve always plays 3 5 2 and evra runs more than a leopard on speed (trust)

liomessi10 8 years ago

@tuanis the most common dormations on fifa this year are 4-1-2-1-2(d) and 4-3-1-2 which both have 3 strikers how can you say teams nowadays dont use 2 strikers. XD

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Tuanis

I don't really remember Ronaldo ever playing as a ST, when we had Tevez he and Rooney would alternate dropping deeper/wide so we had two complete forwards. When Berbatov came, he was a lazy #9, with Rooney doing all the CAM/CF work. Still basically two strikers in both instances.

We got to two consecutive CL finals with it...not sure how "little success" factors in.

@spanish

We sold him because he wasn't great defensively in his last United season, in addition to his contract being almost up it made him cheap. He improved massively in Juventus, probably because he didn't have to cover Rio, who while I love him, was awful in the Moyes season.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@liomessi Fifa isn't alway like real life though, so its possible real team doesn't use those two formation a lot in real live. Sorry if I'm wrong and those two are in fact well used formation.

• History

@liomessi Fifa isn't real life though, so its possible real team doesnt use those two formation a lot in real live. Sorry if I'm wrong and it in fact a well used formation.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

@Lio
By strikers I mean STRIKERS Ronaldo is not as striker, nor Bale or any other wingers. And what do you mean by "most common formations on fifa? Teams rarely use formations like those. Everyone is either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

@Sunflash
We used it a lot in 2009 when we had Tevez - Rooney - Berbatov and even Ronaldo. With Giggs and Nani or Park on the wings. Fergusson had his ridiculous ideas proven wrong every once in a while..

liomessi10 8 years ago

Villareal so as well.