Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alex Teixeira moves to Jiangsu Suning
Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

enter image description here

Jiangsu Suning have agreed a deal to sign Alex Teixeira from Shakhtar Donetsk for €50m (£38m), the Ukrainian club have announced on their website.

Alex Teixeira scored 89 times in 223 appearances for Shakhtar Donetsk and becomes the third big arrival in China in the past fortnight.

Liverpool had been closely linked with a move for the 26-year-old Brazilian during the January transfer window and Shakhtar said they rejected a €24m offer from the Premier League club for the attacking midfielder, with their asking price being €70m euros for a summer transfer.

However, Shakhtar have now announced a deal with Chinese side Jiangsu. A statement on shakhtar.com read: “Shakhtar Donetsk and Jiangsu Suning FC have agreed on all the necessary formalities for the transfer of Alex Teixeira to the Chinese club. Transfer fee for the Brazilian midfielder is €50m. Shakhtar thank Alex for the time spent in the team and wish him success at his new club.”

So the mass exodus to China continues. I've heard that Lavezzi is on the brink of a move there as well.... Chinese clubs also made a mega money moves for Oscar, Hulk and a few others in January, but they were rejected.

Thoughts?

Source : http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/alex-teixeira-jiangsu-suning-shakhtar-donetsk

Comments
decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Fantastic move from him! His footballing level will go up twice as fast as it would've gone in Europe. What is also important to notice is that he did it for the love of the game, he's going to earn just few bobs in China whereas in Europe it's all about money. Not to forget he's going to make a massive football history in China.

Heisinburg 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

"I want to improve my chances of playing for Brazil"

LOL, good luck with that when you're drowning in your pool of money, you spoiled punk!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"I want to improve my chances of playing for Brazil"

LOL, good luck with that when you're swimming in your pool of money, you spoiled punk!

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Two days ago his agent claimed he wasn't going to China, he later saw his cut and Teixeira saw his wages so they promptly agreed to sign. He could have done something special with Klopp especially along side of Coutinho Leiva and Firmihno.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@rai Yep indeed.

quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Could have joined Chelsea/Liverpool but, joined some random club. I mean seriously? How many players would do anything to play for these top clubs! Congratulations, you have just finished your career. He may enjoy all the money he will earn but, he will regret this move for 100%.

• History

Could have joined Chelsea/Liverpool but, joined some random club. I mean seriously? How many players would do anything to play for these top clubs! Congratulations, you have just finished your career and no one will ever hear about you, so enjoy your money. He may enjoy all the money he will earn but, he will regret this move for 100%.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

You know, in addition to this move taking players away from clubs that could elevate their global status, there's another problem here.

A year ago, we were all shocked that Liverpool was willing to spend so much on Benteke. City, so much on Sterling. Then United, and the Martial situation. We all looked to the money in the BPL and blamed them and the two spanish clubs for inflating the prices of above-average players, to the point where middle class clubs had no chance.

Now, one of those same clubs, Liverpool, has just been out done moneywise by a Chinese club who not only overpaid, but WAY overpaid for Ramires, Martinez, and now Teixeira.

This will only increase the amount of money needed to lure players to a club. While the gap between rich and poor gets bigger, traditional clubs like Liverpool that don't have the billionaire's seemingly endless reserve of money will begin to fall away from the top money tier.

This is a massive problem.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, you have to look at these players first. They can't go there if the don't want. They care more about the money they will earn, than about playing on highest level. You won't hear about players anymore. No one will care. If the old players behind zenith, like 33+ goes there okay, but why in the hell would you go when you have the best years in front of you? It's not like you can't live with 60k a week, normal people can't even dream about this salary yearly.
Of course, club is happier to sell player for the highest possible price, but it has to be the players who decides to finish his career in 20's.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

improve his chances for the Brazil squad by playing in the China league.. he just went full retard there guys.. heavy rumors linking him to liverpool, which is a great place for him to build his character.. he chose china.. LOL

Madridista11 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

"with their asking price being €70m for a summer transfer."

Oh my goodness...

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Apologies for the double post and the post but I feel like sharing this with you.

When I was young I had an offer from Liverpool at a small age to move to England and continue my life there, despite the fact my family was telling and trying to explain me it is worth risking it and that they would support me with money even if the club would feed and take care of me I still said no and wanted to live with my family. Looking myself back I can say this was the worse decision of my life. I could be playing for an English club and I wouldn't mind which division are we I would still be happy I managed to move to England and make a career even small, sadly for me few months later I destroyed my ankle and I was not the same as before and I knew my chance at football was over.

Watching this player and his options of playing Chelsea or Liverpool and at the end to watch him move at Jiangsu Suning makes me sick in the stomach, it just blows my mind how someone chooses a league that is not even close to BPL level for a bit more money and to dribble amateurs. Sadly they are destroying football and the football philosophy and treat the sport like its some marketing boll0ck.

I am sorry for saying things you surely don't care at all but I wanted to say WHY I am so against those kind of moves. Because nobody can play football for ever you catch up with time and when you look back and you see you chose money instead of your career's prosperity you also give a bad example to upcoming footballers. Show some form for few years then sign to a rich league that won't help you improve it will only make you rich to the bone and devour your football ability because you do not compete you just earn money.

• History

Apologies for the double post and the post but I feel like sharing this with you.

When I was young I had an offer from Liverpool at a small age to move to England and continue my life there, despite the fact my family was telling and trying to explain me it is worth risking it and that they would support me with money even if the club would feed and take care of me I still said no and wanted to live with my family. Looking myself back I can say this was the worse decision of my life. I could be playing for an English club and I wouldn't mind which division are we I would still be happy I managed to move to England and make a career even small, sadly for me few months later I destroyed my ankle and I was not the same as before and I knew my chance at football was over.

Watching this player and his options of playing Chelsea or Liverpool and at the end to watch him move at Jiangsu Suning makes me sick in the stomach, it just blows my mind how someone chooses a league that is not even close to BPL level for a bit more money and to dribble amateurs. Sadly they are destroying football and the football philosophy and treat the sport like its some marketing boll0ck.

I am sorry for saying things you surely don't care at all but I wanted to say WHY I am so against those kind of moves.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Well written @ Joze. +1

It goes like this:

Agent: “We have received an offer”

Player: “Who’s interested?”

A: “Club in China”

P: “No thanks”

A: “But dat money tho”

The Chinese trying to take over the European dominance of football

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Jiangsu manager Dan Petrescu: "It seems an inordinate amount! I do not know if it's worth the money. With this [Teixeira] money, the club could buy more players. But it is OK if they wanted & liked him. It will be hard for Alex Teixeira because there is a difference between Shakhtar & Jiangsu"

(SportFM)

LOL., so Dan Petrescu doesn't seem to fancy Alex teixeira..

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Well, that's not what I had in mind when Teixeira said that he wanted to link up with his Brazilian friends (like Ramires).

Anyways, it is disgraceful what he's done, but I'm sure he'll come back in the summer transfer window like Drogba did back in the day. He's just there to sell some kits in China and then go to Europe for 30 mil. At least that's what I hope for, really like him as a player.

• History

Well, that's not what I had in mind when Teixeira said that he wanted to link up with his Brazilian friends (like Ramires).

Anyways, it is disgraceful what he's done, but I'm sure he'll come back in the summer transfer window. He's just there to sell some kits in China and then go to Europe for 30 mil. At least that's what I hope for, really like him as a player.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

This is just bad in every single aspect we can look into...

China is inflating the overall prices of football players
China is buying talent we would probably never see ever again in Europe or just ever (as if anyone actually watched Chinese football)
China is buying younger talen rather than older 30+ football stars that want to retire soon, this is ruining a part of the football's next gen

In a near future, Managers will start to go there as well and Chinese clubs will start on a biding war against European teams and Im afraid if that day ever comes, the Chinese clubs will win over any other league's clubs.

Hope this is just another facet just like the one with Indian football that didn't last too long.

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

he chose money over football so im glad we didnt get him. id rather passionate players than money thirsty leeches.

raimondo90 8 years ago

In other relevant news, Ighalo from Watford, rejected a 300K a week offer from China to remain in the BPL. To put it in persepective, thats 40million pounds in over 4 years. More than some players at Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City. It is believe he is currently earning 30K a week. All of this comes from Dailymail.

Mad respect to him. Football need more players like him.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

bro.. dailymail.. its the same as metro.. unreliable..

raimondo90 8 years ago

Jimbet that may be true but they wouldn't go as far as fabricating quotes. Also, Goal is reporting the same thing now.

TheGame 8 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I am happy for Jiangsu Suning for buying him. Europe isn't entitled to the best players in world football. If Liverpool or Chelsea can't cough up the transfer fee and salary and a foreign club can, I don't see why the player should be blamed. Will the move possibly stagnate his career? Yes. I am happy for China as I want the quality of WORLD football to go up, not just Europe dominating every tournament.