Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Another reason why Michael Oliver is imbecile when it comes to refereeing
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Or he has his agenda ... seems way too often !

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I know that as a United fan I could be talking out of my ass here, but I would never give that as a penalty for several reasons:

1) Mahrez doesn't actually beat Rojo, the ball is past, but he is not, and he doesn't make an attempt too, instead simply running into Rojo

2) Rojo doesn't make any contact aside from the small kickout, Mahrez is the one who initiates the contact

3) Said kickout is not enough to take out Mahrez, and Rojo pulls out of it anyway

Maybe my homer glasses are turned way on here, but I looked at the play about 20 times and could never see myself giving a pk. In addition, in realtime it looks far more harmless which is probably why no one really appealed it.

This defence of Rojo does not change the fact I think he's an idiot and should be sold in the summer.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I dont know if that single play was worth a thread. You could have as well included the foul on Memphis which he called as outside the box.

As for Rojos alleged foul, worst case scenario would have been an indirect fk. Rojo cant just disappear out of Mahrez way and the guy went to the ground way to easy. You can see how he was just trying to earn the foul. The players didn't even protest that much considering it was so obvious.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Have to stay behind United guys above.
Mahrez just ran into Rojo. He wanted the penalty, not the ball.
For better view

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Stuck his leg out, rojo was beaten so it should've been a penalty.

ashwin1729 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

Why's no one talking about Lingard's pull when he was through or Depay's foul?

Edit: Overall, I thought he did an even job..a little unfair to United if I had to say.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Why's no one talking about Lingard's pull when he was through or Depay's foul?

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Ashwin I agree he could have been a bit more severe but I was happy with the refereeing personally.

On another note, how did you like that game yourself? I would have like Manchester to have a bit more imagination but at least they were attacking. I'm happy for Leicester that they managed to get a draw, thank to that, they put even more pressure on Tottenham. Really looking foward to the Spurs next game and heres hoping Chelsea win it. ;P

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Embot: The game overall? I thought Untied should have won, especially at home since we dominated the game. Schmichel did an excellent job for them. Herrera should have played the whole game. I don't understand LVG sometimes. I'm rooting for Chelsea tomorrow, and Arsenal over the weekend!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Ashwin I agree Manchester United dominated the game and monopolized the ball, Leicester wasn't very dangerous but they succeeded in putting down a very good defense and I think they deserve credit for that.

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Meh, I've seen more obvious penalties not been given. Did anyone see the pathetic offside call against Middlesbrough? If that pushes them into the playoffs and they lose again, then that'll be heartbreaking.

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

No pen for me to be honest. The bigger 'scandal' is that Fellaini escaped punishment once again. This guy should be banned immediately. When I watched the game, I expected to see a thread about him here, but of course the unbiased, objective community of FootyRoom won't call anyone out unless his name is Diego Costa. Same story with the Alli incident.

• History

No pen for me to be honest. The bigger 'scandal' is that Fellaini escaped punishment once again. This guy should be banned immediately. When I watched the game, I expected there to see a thread about him here, but of course the unbiased, objective community of FootyRoom won't call anyone out unless his name is Diego Costa. Same story with the Alli incident.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@juan

If Fellaini gets suspended he'll deserve it, the stupid tree trunk needs to learn a lesson anyway. Same with Alli.

The reason why the community doesn't get all hot and bothered about these incidents is fairly obvious, it didn't cost the other team the game. The Costa incidents resulted in red cards that basically ensured Chelsea won, which is why everyone was so ticked off.

But if you want to make a thread calling them out, go for it, no one is stopping you. I didn't exactly see Chelsea fans lining up to spit on Costa in those incidents you alluded to even though he was clearly in the wrong, so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Of course they deserve the punishment and so does Diego Costa. I'm not his biggest fan either, but it's just both funny and hypocritical in equal measure when people here make threads about every single damn thing Costa does and then choose to completely ignore even worse things that others do. And of course, I'm not expecting ManUnited fans to create a thread about their own players, but if you look up the Diego Costa threads that put him in a bad light, you will see that particularly Real Madrid and Arsenal fans are responsible for creating them, regardless of whether it cost the other team the win (which it did not, except for the Arsenal game with the Gabriel incident) or not. So, where are these people now?

Regarding your last paragraph, if you look up my comments, you will see that I was in fact criticizing Costa as one of the few Chelsea fans, and especially didn't intend to wind up United fans, because most of you on FR are objective. Anyways, probably a mistake to post that here, didn't want to go off topic, so if you want to reply, then do so on my wall. Thanks.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

That's fair enough.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

I think , you can still give that as penalty . Michael Oliver IMO should not be refereeing big matches ! He is complete joke . Fellaini incident was also dusted under the carpet .

One fun thing though is not just FR . Media stays quiet on Fellaini ! If it was Diego Costa , it would have been headlines all over with "Costa Crimes " .. I never seen such bias from media and football pundits to any team but Chelsea !

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

An article about how dirty is Costa will be read 20 times more than Fellaini's, you just don't write about things nobody really care about. While in Costa case : Jackpot.
Despite Mahrez looking for it, it remains a penalty cause rojo got owned, that being said what I find scandalous is referee position at the moment of the contact, he was walking and had absolutely no angle to make a proper judgement.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Nah , Barcelona and Madrid newspapers started this and your fans . Then whole Spanish media and so on ..

Today again how nasty Spurs played is beyond believe . Especially , Verthonghen who has been doing dirty tricks always getting away by referees or by media .

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Also commentators who make average football fans mind by saying things like " Typical of Costa " " He knew exactly what he was doing " / Creating this image about him false or not . Guy gets punished through out the game ( " he deserves! " ) TWO WRONGS DON"T MAKE IT RIGHT !! He gets provoked , "He asked for it " , then referees turns the blind eye ..

Nothing pisses me off more then people being bias, unfair or ignorant . It makes me furious when i see double standards !

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Here is a compilation of the reckless tackles committed by Tottenham players today. Lamela and especially Dembele should be banned for some games.. How Dier, Rose and Walker weren't sent off is beyond me. Rose allegedly even pushed Hiddink in the tunnel causing him to fall over. Absolutely disgraceful.

• History

Here is a compilation of the reckless tackles committed by Tottenham players today. Lamela and especially Dembele should be banned for some games.. How Dier, Rose and Walker weren't sent off is beyond me. Rose allegedly even pushed Hiddink in the tunnel causing him to fall over. Absolutely disgraceful.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Costa wasn't as hated in Spain as now, he was the most hated player but elected by liga players not fans, being rude for an Atletico player is quite '' normal ''. I don't think Costa will stay there the hate he gets for playing the way he does is completely disproportionate. English media are levels above any other press in Europe when it comes to scandals...
In Spain every team has its butcher so it's hardly an issue.
Back to topic, I hardly see how ref would not whistle if it was Neymar, Ronaldo or Hazard, sometimes having an image and a fanbase influences ref decisions.
Anyway not a big deal now since Leicester got crowned.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

M.Oliver is the best ref in PL by a country mile. Marcus must have been drinking before posting this thread, that was nowhere near a penalty, more like a yellow for Mahrez.

@Juanmata That game was scandalous, I'm actually absolutely disgusted what happened yesterday.