Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal more focused on 'selfies and six-packs' than winning, claims Keane
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The Gunners squad are one of the most active on social media and their former nemesis feels that their focus has been distracted, while backing Chelsea to retain the titleFormer Manchester United star Roy Keane has accused Arsenal of having too many players "more interested in selfies and six-packs" than winning titles.

The Gunners have won the FA Cup for two consecutive seasons but not lifted the Premier League trophy since 2003-04, a record which Keane does not see changing until they address the culture inside their dressing room.

He told the Daily Star : "Arsenal have some really good players, some good characters who roll their sleeves up, but they also have got one or two players who are more interested in selfies and six-packs, guys who are trying to get their pictures taken every day of the week.

"Listen, every year we hear the same thing about Arsenal being contenders but there are too many Arsenal players interested in selfies - whatever they are.

"Instead of focusing on winning Premier League titles, it's all about how their bodies look, how their hair is, more so than winning football matches, which is the way things are going in the game.

"Look at all the players they've bought over the last couple of years – I'm not sure many would get into the Chelsea team."

Keane, currently the assistant manager for Republic of Ireland, expects the Blues to hold onto their league title barring a slip of focus.

"For me, Chelsea remain the team to beat," he declared. "Their team is the one with the strongest spine – John Terry, their goalkeeper [Thibaut Courtois], Eden Hazard - and if they can add John Stones to their team then they will be even harder to beat.

"The bottom line is that, if Chelsea's players show the same hunger and desire that they did last year, then they'll win the league.

"They will only be in trouble if they are complacent but I don't think it is in their nature to take their foot off the gas. They appear to be a driven bunch and, if they can keep Diego Costa fit [and] keep their wits about them, then it's hard to look elsewhere."

Roy Keane said something nice about Chelsea....

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The Gunners squad are one of the most active on social media and their former nemesis feels that their focus has been distracted, while backing Chelsea to retain the title

Former Manchester United star Roy Keane has accused Arsenal of having too many players "more interested in selfies and six-packs" than winning titles.

The Gunners have won the FA Cup for two consecutive seasons but not lifted the Premier League trophy since 2003-04, a record which Keane does not see changing until they address the culture inside their dressing room.

He told the Daily Star : "Arsenal have some really good players, some good characters who roll their sleeves up, but they also have got one or two players who are more interested in selfies and six-packs, guys who are trying to get their pictures taken every day of the week.

"Listen, every year we hear the same thing about Arsenal being contenders but there are too many Arsenal players interested in selfies - whatever they are.

"Instead of focusing on winning Premier League titles, it's all about how their bodies look, how their hair is, more so than winning football matches, which is the way things are going in the game.

"Look at all the players they've bought over the last couple of years – I'm not sure many would get into the Chelsea team."

Keane, currently the assistant manager for Republic of Ireland, expects the Blues to hold onto their league title barring a slip of focus.

"For me, Chelsea remain the team to beat," he declared. "Their team is the one with the strongest spine – John Terry, their goalkeeper [Thibaut Courtois], Eden Hazard - and if they can add John Stones to their team then they will be even harder to beat.

"The bottom line is that, if Chelsea's players show the same hunger and desire that they did last year, then they'll win the league.

"They will only be in trouble if they are complacent but I don't think it is in their nature to take their foot off the gas. They appear to be a driven bunch and, if they can keep Diego Costa fit [and] keep their wits about them, then it's hard to look elsewhere."

The Gunners squad are one of the most active on social media and their former nemesis feels that their focus has been distracted, while backing Chelsea to retain the titleFormer Manchester United star Roy Keane has accused Arsenal of having too many players "more interested in selfies and six-packs" than winning titles.

Comments
decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Whatever really, this is getting boring.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, I'm taking these selfies any day.