Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bamford wins Championship POTY
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Patrick Bamford, 21, beat Daryl Murphy and Troy Deeney to the award after a prolific campaign with Middlesbrough while Tottenham loanee Delle Alli won Young Player of the Year. Chelsea starlet Patrick Bamford has won the Championship Player of the Year award after a series of superb displays during his loan spell at Middlesbrough.

The 21-year-old, who is yet to make his first-team debut for the Blues, has helped guide Aitor Karanka's promotion-chasing Boro to third in the table, scoring 17 goals in 36 league appearances.

Bamford’s Chelsea future remains uncertain, given the attacking riches at Jose Mourinho’s disposal, but he beat Ipswich Town’s Daryl Murphy and Watford’s Troy Deeney to the prize on Sunday evening.

Elsewhere, another Premier League loanee won the Football League Young Player of the Year prize, with Dele Alli beating Bamford and Nathan Redmond to the gong.

The 19-year-old joined Tottenham in January but was immediately loaned back to MK Dons, where he has scored 15 goals and provided five assists to help the club to third in League One, a point behind second-placed Preston North End.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Patrick Bamford, 21, beat Daryl Murphy and Troy Deeney to the award after a prolific campaign with Middlesbrough while Tottenham loanee Delle Alli won Young Player of the Year

Chelsea starlet Patrick Bamford has won the Championship Player of the Year award after a series of superb displays during his loan spell at Middlesbrough.

The 21-year-old, who is yet to make his first-team debut for the Blues, has helped guide Aitor Karanka's promotion-chasing Boro to third in the table, scoring 17 goals in 36 league appearances.

Bamford’s Chelsea future remains uncertain, given the attacking riches at Jose Mourinho’s disposal, but he beat Ipswich Town’s Daryl Murphy and Watford’s Troy Deeney to the prize on Sunday evening.

Elsewhere, another Premier League loanee won the Football League Young Player of the Year prize, with Dele Alli beating Bamford and Nathan Redmond to the gong.

The 19-year-old joined Tottenham in January but was immediately loaned back to MK Dons, where he has scored 15 goals and provided five assists to help the club to third in League One, a point behind second-placed Preston North End.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

This is kind of like the Hazard - Kane thing as Bamford was nominated for Young POTY but Alli beat him to it.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Bamford should either comeback as back up striker or stay there and get taste of EPL in coming season .

• History

Bamford should either comeback as back striker or stay there and get taste of EPL .

Bamford should either comeback as back striker or stay there and get taste of EPL in coming season .

AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Championship Player of the Year award.

• History

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough)

Sky Bet League 1 Player of the Year: Joe Garner (Preston North End)

Sky Bet League 2 Player of the Year: Danny Mayor (Bury)

The Football League Young Player of the Year: Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons)

Tokio Marine Kiln Club Hero Award: Brian Murphy (Birmingham City)

LFE Apprentices of the Year

League 2: Conor Chaplin (Portsmouth)

League 1: George Cooper (Crewe Alexandra)

Championship: Lewis Cook (Leeds United)

PFA Player in the Community: Danny Shittu (Millwall)

Johnstone's Paint Community Club of the Year: Derby County

The Football League Family Club of the Year: Colchester United

Mitre Goal of the Year: Joe Garner (Preston North End)

Sir Tom Finney Award: Kevin Phillips

Capital One Supporter of the Year: Sarah Watts (Brighton & Hove Albion)

The Football Manager Team of the Decade

Goalkeeper: Kasper Schmeichel

Defenders: Angel Rangel, Gareth Bale, Wes Morgan, Ashley Williams

Midfielders: Wes Hoolaha, Adam Lallana, Peter Whittingham

Forwards: Glenn Murray, Rickie Lambert, Jordan Rhodes

Manager: Eddie Howe

Contribution to League football: Major Frank Buckley

• History

Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough)

Sky Bet League 1 Player of the Year: Joe Garner (Preston North End)

Sky Bet League 2 Player of the Year: Danny Mayor (Bury)

The Football League Young Player of the Year: Dele Alli (Milton Keynes Dons)

Tokio Marine Kiln Club Hero Award: Brian Murphy (Birmingham City)

LFE Apprentices of the Year

League 2: Conor Chaplin (Portsmouth)

League 1: George Cooper (Crewe Alexandra)

Championship: Lewis Cook (Leeds United)

PFA Player in the Community: Danny Shittu (Millwall)

Johnstone's Paint Community Club of the Year: Derby County

The Football League Family Club of the Year: Colchester United

Mitre Goal of the Year: Joe Garner (Preston North End)

Sir Tom Finney Award: Kevin Phillips

Capital One Supporter of the Year: Sarah Watts (Brighton & Hove Albion)

The Football Manager Team of the Decade

Goalkeeper: Kasper Schmeichel

Defenders: Angel Rangel, Gareth Bale, Wes Morgan, Ashley Williams

Midfielders: Wes Hoolaha, Adam Lallana, Peter Whittingham

Forwards: Glenn Murray, Rickie Lambert, Jordan Rhodes

Manager: Eddie Howe

Contribution to League football: Major Frank Buckley

Chelsea FC 157 4232

I want him to take a role next season similar to what Zouma has done this season. He can score 100 goals in a season on loan at any club but he has to come back and fight if he wants that place in our XI. Costa will be number one of course, Remy will probably stay two, and Drogba will take more of a coaching role. Costa and Remy have had a fair share of injuries so Bamford will get his chances. Then he just has to score, assist and impress Mourinho. At the start of the season Mourinho saw Zouma as a backup for Cahill and Terry incase they got suspended, but he has worked hard, taken his chances and I'll happily have him playing at CB ahead of Cahill or even in CDM for big clashes where we can't afford to concede. Bamford is talented, with a good work ethic he'll get there no doubt.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Watch from 2:11:30 for 5 or so mins for Bamford's presentation and interview. One you'll enjoy.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Bamford just a bit reminds of Harry Kane with his style and they are even build similarly . Bamford looks more like Oxford university student rather than footballer . I hope he will be success at Chelsea . We need english success .

Thanks for the share eden.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I've been following him for quite a while now! He's without a doubt a great player and some people believe he'll be back with the blues already the next season as a third choice striker. But I honestly think it would be better for him to be loaned out again to further improve his skills because if he isn't playing he won't develop.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

I really hope Boro can finish 1st or 2nd and gain automatic qualification to the PL. Currently 3rd, they face the risk of play offs which can be heartbreaking. I remember last year how QPR beat Derby in the final even though Derby finished higher in the league. Plus, Karanka deserves to be in the PL.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

I don't follow Boro much but I watched few clips here and there and I like their style . They will be success in PL . They have injury crisis right now , Bamford is one of the injured , and must win next match at Fulham to have automatic qualification .

Championship is super competitive . I am going to watch remaining matches . It should be very interesting .

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Boro are great! I really hope they make the step up! And then Bamford should stay put for another year! Middlesbrough are great as well! Super competatiuve games as always! BTW check up dirty Leeds past fixtures ;)

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well, he's off to a great start

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 I don't know buddy, I'd give a bit more time and let him play for the first team when things get more comfortable.