Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bastia Striker Brandao Headbutts Thiago Motta
manchesterutI 10 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Trouble has been brewing over in Ligue 1 this evening, with reports that PSG midfielder Thiago Motta was head-butted during an altercation in the tunnel after his side’s 2-0 victory over Bastia.

CCTV footage of the incident has since emerged which appears to incriminate Brandao of two things: 1) head-butting Motta like a coward and then, 2) running away like a massive wimp…

You can see the bloody nose of Thiago Motta in this video:

Today, PSG has confirmed that Motta's nose is broken. How much punishment should he receive ?

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If anything, this is more harmful that Suarez's bite. He should get an equal or greater ban as which Suarez received.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Maybe because this happened off the pitch, he'll get a less ban than Suarez. But still this was worse than Suarez' incident.

manchesterutI 10 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Just because this happened off the field, he might get hit harder Emre. He might get even charged with aggravated assault. This is what i think at least. We shall wait and see what the charges are.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This should be a heavy ban, this is even worse than Suarez...

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@EmreCan: What you said should be the opposite. The fact that it was off the pitch means this can be considered an assault and that it was premeditated. Suarez's bite was in the heat of the moment and didn't break any bones.

The good news (for Chelsea fans at least :P) is that if he does get a ban, we can expect our youth prospect Joao Rodriguez to play much more for Bastia.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I found it amusing that Tiago did not fall down in excruciating pain , rolling and making his final prays before death . I guess if it was on the pitch , that would be exactly what he would do .

This is off the pitch , so the laws of the game do not apply here . He can take him to civil court for assault . However, I doubt he will serve jail time , probably will pay heavy fine and get on playing football .

@ven +1 YAy !! :D

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^haha true that

BAN for me anyway. perhaps he might get less severe punishment than Suarez, but this is way worst than an headbutt on the pitch, the guy was totally waiting for him, so pathetic and awkward. disgraceful.

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

The way he ran after though...

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

^
Yeah, I saw a comment somewhere on another website from a PSG fan saying he wishes Motta ran like that on the field.

Brandao was also waiting a while until Motta game making it completely pre meditated. Just as bad as Suarez in my opinion, but the only difference is that Suarez had done it thrice.

ashwin1729 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

^Actually, as you and a few above pointed it out, its a premeditated assault since he was waiting in the stadium. So a criminal action could be taken. It will be interesting to see how FIFA and UEFA interpret this...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^Actually, as a few above pointed it out, its a premeditated assault since he was waiting in the stadium. So a criminal action could be taken. It will be interesting to see how FIFA and UEFA interpret this...

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

agree with what you all say that this is worse and more harmful than what Suarez did.

Because of the long Suarez ban: if FIFA wants to be consistent they have to give huge bans for almost everything

Lennon_sharma 10 years ago
Liverpool, India 5 131

Motta deserved this. He was a cheater back in his inter days.

Vendetta 10 years ago

No one deserves to be injured.

By the way, apperantly, Brandao also broke Van Der Wiel's back. What did he do to deserve that?

Liverpool, India 5 131

No one deserves to be injured. If someone does something to a family member of yours would you no want to inflict pain onto them?

Vendetta 10 years ago

No I wouldn't, because that would put me on that person's level, which I'm far above.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lennon

Do you even have ethics? Jesus.

Liverpool, India 5 131

Well then you'd just grab popcorn and watch your family suffer? Oh how the world's standards have lowered.

Liverpool, India 5 131

@ Dynast yes I do

Vendetta 10 years ago

No, I would leave it to the professionals to put those who assault my family where they belong. If I do what I did to said person, then I'm no different than said assh*le, which means I should also get locked behind bars.

Liverpool, India 5 131

Hmmmm if the person assaults your family in private and there's no evidence for police you'd not go after him? I'm surprised you're still alive due to your ignorance of protecting family .