Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bold Prediction Thread (BPL - Season 2014-2015)
Murrderer 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Germany 3 28

The BPL returns to action tomorrow with the other big leagues following suit closely after, so I figured it was the perfect time to dish out a thread of this sort. Naturally, I would suggest you provide reasoning for your predictions, though I imagine that won't be as fun. Go wild, go bold, go into details!

Comments
SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

1.Chelsea (Jacked Squad)

2.Manchester United (Van Gaal seems to be smart, not looking-wise though)

3.Liverpool (Promising Youngsters)

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Manager of the Year: king LVG. Do I need to explain?
Player of the Year: Eriksen (could play more central role under Ponchettino)

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I strongly think that City have the best squad, not us. Arsenal's squad is very close to us as well, but Spurs, Utd and Liverpool have good managers. We have both so I'm going for a Chelsea win.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Pulis leaving was a HUGE SHOCK.

man_utd 10 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Newcastle won't win the title.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Sunderland will finish top 10

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Guys, bold prediction.

Arsenal: champ. Every year they are contender, but from the last 5 years I have never seen them anywhere near champ, a bit naive and their physio suck big time. This year other teams look stronger, Arsenal doesn't have surprise element so this can be strange if it happens

Liverpool: 7th place. Not because they lost Suarez, but because now every team would be motivated to beat them. And I dont think they can keep up those crazy attack.

Man City: 3th place. Look strong, but Silva and Toure is getting old... might cause them trouble

**Chelsea: **2nd place. Mou is having great squad and always best in his 2nd year, but they will choke against some park-the-bus teams:D

Swansea: 5th place. After shockingly defeated MU away in the opening...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Guys, bold prediction.

Arsenal: champ.
Liverpool: 7th place
Man City: 3th place

Guys, bold prediction.

Arsenal: champ. Every year they are contender, but from the last 5 years I have never seen them anywhere near champ, a bit naive and their physio suck big time. This year other teams look stronger, Arsenal doesn't have surprise element so this can be strange if it happens

Liverpool: 7th place. Not because they lost Suarez, but because now every team would be motivated to beat them. And I dont think they can keep up those crazy attack.

Man City: 3th place. Look strong, but Silva and Toure is getting old... might cause them trouble

**Chelsea: **2nd place. Mou is having great squad and always best in his 2nd year, but they will choke against some park-the-bus teams:D

Swansea: 5th place. After shockingly defeated MU away in the opening...

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

1st: Manchester united
2nd: Arsenal
3rd: Spurs
4th : Chelsea

FredTilson 10 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

"Manager of the Year: king LVG. Do I need to explain?"

Yes. Please do explain.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

This is the reason why I think united wont finish in top 4 their defence is horrible. Who the fack is smalling, evans , jones? They bought a injury prone teenage left back and their right back is terrible Rafael and some of their squad is aged .

Murrderer 10 years ago

THANK YOU TUAN JINN. Best post on thread so far. You could have gone into a bit of detail ya know :p@Mods: This isn't a BPL exclusive thread. I just mentioned it as it was a major league starting. I would appreciate it if you would take that out of the title.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Murrderer: I think it's better to focus on BPL on this thread, so the discussion is more focus, trust me on this mate. you can create one for Liga, one for Serie A etc on the day or before they start... We will leave the privilege to you if you want.

PS: Updated my post with a bit explanation

• History

@Murrderer: I think it's better to focus on BPL on this thread, so the discussion is more focus, trust me on this mate. you can create one for Liga, one for Serie A etc on the day or before they start... We will leave the privilege to you if you want.

Murrderer 10 years ago

I agree, but there aren't exactly many people who follow any one league extensively. La Liga and Serie A would obviously have lower discussion than BPL. Multiple threads would take up needless space anyway, although that isn't exactly a major concern.Also "bold" predictions are supposed to stand out, which is why I thanked you. More peeps should do this.

ashwin1729 10 years ago

@Fred: Where were you before the match?One bad game doesn't take away what he has done with the squad. At least United were attacking instead of running around like headless chickens under Moyes...

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well that was an unexpected result, didnt watch the game so i have no idea about what happened.
I was rating United highly after their good pre-season, able to beat Liverpool fair and square in a classy way, i regret to not have watched this so i can have an opinion.
Arsenal lost their first game last year against Villa, ended up 1 st in december so dont go into conclusions quickly...

For United fans, i told you last year that you were too patient with Moyes, i tell you the opposite now its just the first game and you still have 2 weeks to sign players.
You wanted to start this year in a good way to forget last year, the thing when you have a world class coach is that he will quickly see whats the problem and solve it, im not really worried about CL qualification but dont expect to be champion the first year, quie dificult.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@man_utd

Safe bet there my friend . You can be confident that you will get it right .

@ashwin1729

It was plain frustrating to watch United . Apart from the goal there is only one or two semi dangerous chances . I don't think Van Gaal or defense was at fault , it was whole squad . United need at least one more winger , defensive mid and defender if possible get two . Otherwise , I doubt Van Gaal will finish in top 4 .

All the teams got reinforced and their squads are stronger than last year , but yet United looked to me same as last season . Yeah one game does not mean anything but early signs are alarming . Same thing has been said when Moyes lost his first match .

My prediction for BPL 2014 - 15 based on squads . ( we still have two weeks of open transfer window ) Predictions are little early to make .

1. Chelsea - not because I am fan of Chelsea club but because we have great depth and in my opinion best squad in England. Last year I also backed Chelsea to win , but lack of quality in striking area cost us points and goals when it mattered . This year I expect no excuses , if we were close to win EPL last year even CL with young squad and crappy strikers than this year we should absolutely meet our expectations . Mourinho will make sure this trophy will be in the bag .

2. Manchester City - they still have amazing squad and their fire power still the same . Pelegrini also reinforced his defense , so I think they will be strong title contenders but I think like last year they will fall short in matches against Chelsea and this time it will be vital .

3. Arsenal - Arsenal made few good signings but I still think they are missing world class striker and defensive midfielder . And one thing I believe Arsenal still missing is leader who will change things on the pitch when it is not going their way . Wenger can't always direct from the side line and half time is not always enough . Today in first match they got off easy but performance overall was awful , but yet scrambled their points . Yeah that might be character of a champions , but not against Crystal Palace on the first day on the home ground .

Arsenal will fall short in Spring like always . Little harsh to say but I think few others agreed with me last season as well and guess what we were right . I think this season is not different unless they add few more players in these two weeks.

4. Manchester or Liverpool - If Manchester United adds few more players than I see them finish 4th otherwise I feel that Liverpool will hold another year in top 4 . Yeah their signings are not very impressive but they added depth and descent quality to the squad that was doing good last year . It won't be enough to win EPL and do well in other competitions but it will be enough to hold down to 4th .

If FA helped clubs more and did more humane scheduling , more EPL teams would have been doing good in CL and It will eventually force UEFA to award 5th spot at least as another qualifier .

• History

@man_utd

@ashwin1729

It was plain frustrating to watch United . Apart from the goal there is only one or two semi dangerous chances . I don't think Van Gaal or defense was at fault , it was whole squad . United need at least one more winger , defensive mid and defender if possible get two . Otherwise , I doubt Van Gaal will finish in top 4 .

All the teams got reinforced and their squads are stronger than last year , but yet United looked to me same as last season . Yeah one game does not mean anything but early signs are alarming . Same thing has been said when Moyes lost his first match .

My prediction for BPL 2014 - 15 based on squads . ( we still have two weeks of open transfer window ) Predictions are little early to make .

1. Chelsea - not because I am fan of Chelsea club but because we have great depth and in my opinion best squad in England. Last year I also backed Chelsea to win , but lack of quality in striking area cost us points and goals when it mattered . This year I expected no excuses , if we were close to win EPL last year even CL with young squad and crappy strikers than this year we should absolutely meet our expectations . Mourinho will make sure this trophy will be in the bag .

2. Manchester City - they are still have amazing squad and their fire power still the same . Pelegrini also reinforced his defense , so I they will strong title contenders but I think like last year they will fall short in matches against Chelsea and this time it will be vital .

3. Arsenal - Arsenal made few good signings but I still think they are missing world class striker and defensive midfielder . And one thing I believe Arsenal still missing is leader who will change things on the pitch when it is not going their way . Wenger can't always direct from the side line and half time is not always enough . Today in first match they got off easy but performance overall was awful , but yet scrambled their points . Yeah that might be character of a champions , but not against Crystal Palace on the first day on the home ground .

Arsenal will fall short in Spring like always . Little harsh to say but I think few others agreed with me last season as well and guess what we were right . I think this season is not different unless they add few more players in these two weeks.

4. Manchester or Liverpool - If Manchester United adds few more players than I see them finish 4th otherwise I feel that Liverpool will hold another year in top 4 . Yeah their signings are not very impressive but they added depth and descent quality to the squad that was doing good last year . It won't be enough to win EPL and do well in other competitions but it will be enough to hold down to 4th .

If FA helped clubs more and did more humane scheduling , more EPL teams would have been doing good in CL and It will eventually force UEFA to award 5th spot at least as another qualifier .

@man_utd

@ashwin1729

1. Chelsea - not because I am fan of Chelsea club but because we have great depth and in my opinion best squad in England. Last year I also backed Chelsea to win , but lack of quality in striking area cost us points and goals when it mattered . This year I expect no excuses , if we were close to win EPL last year even CL with young squad and crappy strikers than this year we should absolutely meet our expectations . Mourinho will make sure this trophy will be in the bag .

2. Manchester City - they are still have amazing squad and their fire power still the same . Pelegrini also reinforced his defense , so I they will strong title contenders but I think like last year they will fall short in matches against Chelsea and this time it will be vital .

@man_utd

@ashwin1729

2. Manchester City - they still have amazing squad and their fire power still the same . Pelegrini also reinforced his defense , so I they will strong title contenders but I think like last year they will fall short in matches against Chelsea and this time it will be vital .

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I guess this goes to show that Moyes wasn't the only one at fault last season. Ed Woodward is at equal fault for the 7th place disappointment.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

^ it's cos united's defence suck. Jones, smalling, Evans won't even get into teams like schalke, Leverkusen etc let alone Bayern, Real,Barcelona etc .

ashwin1729 10 years ago

@Marcus: True, I'd agree with your assessment. The match was better than what Moyes did in the last half of the season. I mean every ball was being passed back. The second goal was a defensive error in that none of the defenders went towards the ball. I don't know why Jones was plying RWB early in the first half when clearly Lingard was supposed to play that position. van Gaal's teams do not start clicking till 2-3 months into the season. We have issues, but I think they can not be resolved this transfer window. Jose was right in that he does not want to over pay, and ManUtd should be cautious in who they buy. Reinforcements can be brought in Jan in my opinion as long as we are in the top 4 at that time...

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Terrible defence United have. But they'll get their act together under LVG. Berahino's break through season as well. Wickham will do well as well as Ki. Lallana the Flop, Newcastle one of the best in transfer window.

Siem De Jong, Janmaat, Cabella, Riviere