Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Facts & Figures after Matchday 2.
Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Here are some statistics after Matchday 2 of Champions League.

PLAYER STATISTICS

Most Goals

1. Ronaldo - 5 Goals
  2. Lewandowski - 3 Goals
  3. Muller, Gotze, Lestienne, Aboukabar, Luis Suarez, Calhanoglu, Griezmann, Morata, Gaitan, Theo Walcott, Hulk, Willian, Doumbia, Mladenovic - 2 Goals

Assists
Following players have 2 assists each: Fortounis, Sven Kums, Alcantara, Coman, Maher, Lestienne, Munir, Alexis Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Gonzales, Hulk.

Shots On Target

1. Cristano Ronaldo - 10 Shots
  2. Lewnadowski - 6 Shots
  3. Alexandre Lacazete, Griezmann, Depay, Hulk - 5 Shots

Most Successful Passes

1. Toni Kroos - 233
  2. Thiago Motta - 226
  3. Marco Verratti - 225
  4. Gerrard Pique - 200
  5. Thiago Alcantara - 184
  6. David Alaba - 177
  7. Cesc Fabragas - 169
  8. Santi Cazorla - 167
  9. Fred - 146
  10. Fernandinho - 140

Distance Covered (km)

1. Alan Dzagoev - 25.3
  2. Danny - 24.1
  3. Fred - 23.4
  4. Matuidi - 23.3
  5. Juan Mata - 23.3
  6. Davy Propper - 23.2
  7. Kevin Kempl - 23.2
  8. Javi Garcia - 23.1
  9. Daniel Parejo - 23.0
    10.Pontus Wernbloom, Berget - 22.9

Most Saves

1. Fernando Muslera - 14
  2. Johan Willand - 13
  3. Akinfeev - 12
  4. Nenad Eric - 12
  5. Roberto - 11
  6. Sergei Chernik - 11
  7. Eduardo - 9
  8. Julio Cesar, Bernd Leno, Neuer, Benaglio, Domenech, Pyatov - 7

CLUB STATISTICS

Most Goals Scored

1. Bayern Munich - 8
  2. Real Madrid - 6
  3. Leverkusen - 5
  4. PSG - 5
  5. Zenit - 5
  6. Chelsea - 5
    ..Dynamo Kiev, BATE, PSV, Porto, Juventus, Benfica - 4

Most Shots On Target

1. Bayern Munich - 19
  2. Real Madrid - 16
  3. Atletico - 15
  4. Arsenal 14
  5. PSG - 14
  6. Barcelona - 13
  7. Leverkusen - 12
  8. PSV - 12
  9. Roma, Manchester United, Dynamo Kyiv - 11

Average Ball Possession (%)

1. Bayern Munich - 68
  2. Barcelona - 67
  3. Arsenal - 60
  4. PSG - 59
  5. Real Madrid - 59
  6. Chelsea - 58
  7. Manchester City - 58
  8. Manchester United - 58
  9. Lyon - 54
  10. Gent - 53

Any of these surprise you?

Comments
Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

For me, it goes to show the point I've made a while back about Barcelona. Second best possession at 67%, yet look at their goals and shots on target. Just useless possession. Munich on the other hand does something with it.

Real Madrid is the best though. (of course I'll say that). 5th best possession stat at 59% but second best goal scored and shots on target. Best way to play football!

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Most take-ons (dribbles past opponent):

1) Brahimi & Sanchez (17) > Sanchez actually had 16 against Olympiakos alone
2) Nico Gaitán & Neymar & Raffael (10)

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Pique lolllzz. That means Barca passed a lot in the back 4.

But, after 2 rounds there is not much to draw conclusion on. Taking the fact that they have all different kinds of opponents. I think we shouldn't draw any conclusion and just leave it as interesting fact only.

If we must go against how Barca played, take into consideration that they played CL with a quite a few subs, with also injures and without Messi (their utmost important player). They shuffled their squad for a more sustainable result in the future, thus people keep acting surprise that they are lucky at the end of the season.

They have Roma and Bayer Lev, those are much much harder than most of the other teams had. Bayer Leverkusen is among top shots on target, top scored team.

Take the most impressive team like BM had: Olympiakos and Dinamo, or Real: Shakhtar and Malmo... you cant use these stats to draw any conclusion.

Manchester United: we as fans have to change our mentality and I feel hard... we used to just assume we wipe out everyone in the Group Stage, and now we hold our breath everygame and happy for every point. The last 20 mins of our last game was dreadful and scary... but Im glad we are getting back.

But so far, the best team to watch are Real, BM, Benfica and surprisingly Mönchengladbach :)... and of course the team we all love Manchester United. I just love their football!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

But, after 2 rounds there is not much to draw conclusion on. Taking the fact that they have all different kinds of opponents. I think we shouldn't draw any conclusion and just leave it as interesting fact only.

If we must go against how Barca played, take into consideration that they played CL with a quite a few subs, with also injures and without Messi (their utmost important player). They shuffled their squad for a more sustainable result in the future, thus people keep acting surprise that they are lucky at the end of the season.

They have Roma and Bayer Lev, those are much much harder than most of the other teams had. Bayer Leverkusen is among top shots on target, top scored team.

Take the most impressive team like BM had: Olympiakos and Dinamo, or Real: Shakhtar and Malmo... you cant use these stats to draw any conclusion.

Manchester United: we as fans have to change our mentality and I feel hard... we used to just assume we wipe out everyone in the Group Stage, and now we hold our breath everygame and happy for every point. The last 20 mins of our last game was dreadful and scary... but Im glad we are getting back.

But so far, the best team to watch are Real, BM, Benfica and surprisingly Mönchengladbach :)... and of course the team we all love Manchester United

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Your post was good until you bring Barcelona again on the table, can you speak about something else ? And how Madrid plays the best Football in universe. Wich is actually not true lately, I watched the Malmo game and the Shakhtior.
From the 6 goals, 2 are penalties ( wont go in discussing if they were trully given or not if you know what i mean ), so lets say something considering the level of teams played.

I confirm it, you' re really obsessed by Barça. ATM Barça isnt playing well i think even my 6month child noticed it. And you have just the Madidismo illness to put your team above any other for no apparent reason.

Bayern was the strongest and by far played the best Football of the 2 legs. I would be glad to hear how you can explain that Madrid played better than Bayern ? I guess you didnt even watched Bayern games did you ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Your post was good until you bring Barcelona again on the table, can you speak about something else ? And how Madrid plays the best Football in universe. Wich is actually not true lately, I watched the Malmo game and the Shakhtior.
From the 6 goals, 2 are penalties ( wont go in discussing if they were trully given or not if you know what i mean ), so lets say something considering the level of teams played.

Bayern was the strongest and by far played the best Football of the 2 legs. I would be glad to hear your point about how Madrid played better :)

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I agree with @tiki here, its only 2 games and on the same hand, Barca aren't in their usual form. Plus our performance were horrendous. Seriously we play against Malmao away and score 2 goals only and one is in the dying minutes. I agree our midfield has improved and our Offence is ok, but that was when Bale, James Ronaldo and Benzema are together. Bale and James get injured from time to time, Ronaldo is aging, Benzema doesnt have the attacking presence like Suarez has. But together, they are arguably the strongest attack force when in form. Our defence, well the game against Malaga should explain how awful are wings are, they go forward and to the center than their actual postion. Navas is by far arguably our best player this season, I just hope he can continue his form

Modric was once again saving our asses yesterday. Our next match is against Atletico, we need to win and not just a 1 goal margin, we need to completely outclass them in every aspect, if we do that, We may win the treble hopefully inshallah.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ray

Haha, I'll be satisfied with my life if Real win a treble in my lifetime. :')

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

People keep under estimating Malmö. They're without a doubt the best team in Sweden with without a doubt the best support.. I was totally sure RM wouldn't win by more than 2 goals, actually thought they'd win with less.