Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FIFA Puskas Award 2014
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Tough to choose I like them all . However, I think Flying Dutchman goal is piece of football art . It was at the world cup , against reigning world champions and against one of the best goalkeeper in the world. ( Ofcourse not as old himself but Cassillas still one of the best )

Your predictions of a winner ? Or which would you choose to be a winner .

Comments
Marcus2011 9 years ago

Those videos just to show that those type of goals are his trend and he did not just get lucky .

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The one who made this video was for sure United fan, no way number 1 is better than number 2. But this year it's very close, I would like to see Rodriguez win it, although RVP goal was probably more surprising and more beautiful. Ibra should have his own category of goals.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I still think RVP is the Puskas one, it's rare, important and it's perfectly executed. That's the first game of the Netherlands with a very underdog squad (we didn't have any expectation last WC and surprisingly we did well), and it was at the moment we were 1 - 0 down against the defending champ.

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Cahill or RvP deserves it. Not going to say why, because I alrdy said it in the summer when it happened in some kind of thread here.

But I say this again that I think James' goal was almost nothing special. It was brilliant goal obviously, but far less magical as it has been hyped. Just did the exact same goal yesterday when I was playing on my own, obviously not in World Cup though;)

Actually Kasami's goal is really deserving too, much much harder than James' one. Actually still quite can't believe how he made it.

Btw that volley scored by Stoch (was it 2 years ago?) which won the Puskas Award was imo undeserved, because it wasn't even clean hit to the ball.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Cahill or RvP deserves it. Not going to say why, because I alrdy said it in the summer when it happened in some kind of thread here.
I also say this again that I think James' goal was almost nothing special. It was brilliant goal obviously, but far less magical as it has been hyped. Just did the exact same goal yesterday when I was playing on my own, obviously not in World Cup though;)

I also say this again that I think James' goal was almost nothing special. It was brilliant goal obviously, but far less magical as it has been hyped. Just did the exact same goal yesterday when I was playing on my own, obviously not in World Cup though;)

Actually Kasami's goal is really deserving too, much much harder than James' one. Actually still quite can't believe how he made it.

Btw that volley scored by Stoch (was it 2 years ago?) which won the Puskas Award was imo undeserved, because it wasn't even clean hit to the ball.

Alvin_sak 9 years ago
Manchester United, Cambodia 1 153

It must be RVP!

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@decentK: agree about James' great goal (only) and Stoch

Argjent 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

I want Kasami to win this.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How was this undeserved man?

Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 33 1388

Ibracadabra vs Bastia was a great creative and nice goal. Kasami's goal was also amazing.

• History

Ibracadabria vs Bastia was a great creative and nice goal. Kasami's goal was also amazing.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The most complicated, Cahill volley with a weak foot, Zlatan won the prize plenty of times, that was a Zlatan class goal.
Kasimi goal is beautiful but the most important is the dutch plane, this goal changed the whole WC issue.

We are in 44th minutes after a good first half for Spain 1-0, Silva missed the break in a 1 on 1 vs the keeper, Spanish domination in midlefield, then the magic happened, a dutch plane landed near Casillas, Holland back from hell with an Historical win 5-1 at the end, and one of the contenders absolutely shocked and neutralized until the end of WC.
Holland went until semi-final shoot outs, loosing on a coin flip against Argentina.

RVP goal should win it because of all this, Cahill for me is second, James is third. It would be fair if a WC goal wins it.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@descentk

+1 I also think that James goal is overhyped . Cahils volley was more difficult if you think about pass that travelled such a long distance and kick with one touch . Requires balance , concentration and very well timed shot .

@tiki +1 , RVP's goal was very important game changer . It had a great physiological effect on Spain - Reigning Champions Of WC .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

If we are considering James's goal then I think it will be fair to consider Gotze goal because IMO it was just as beautiful and more importantly winning goal in WC Final .

charlie33 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 188

I think the two best goals by sole tequnique are james and van Persies. To be honest I play football, and the chest and swivel by James were absolutly crazy to pull off with little time and space. Van persies goal was a great diving header, and brilliant tequnique, but my vote goes to james, just because of how hard it is to chest up swivel and shoot in less than a second

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Calhanoglu vs Dortmund??????????

Wilshere vs Norwich??????????

and many more?????????????

From the ones above I like Kasami's vs Palace. He's not a great player, and the goal wasn't super significant, but it was beautiful.

However from the nominees I'll have to go with RVP's or Rouche's

TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking. He did everything right. The chest bump to set the shot up and beautifully executing it all with 5 opposing players around him. RVP and Cahill's goal were one-touch goals and both were really close to the goal.

• History

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking.

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking. He did everything right. The chest bump to set the shot up and beautifully executing the shot all with 4 opposing players around him.

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking. He did everything right. The chest bump to set the shot up and beautifully executing the shot all with 5 opposing players around him.

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking. He did everything right. The chest bump to set the shot up and beautifully executing it all with 5 opposing players around him.

As much as I would like RVP to win it, I got to say James goal was breath-taking. He did everything right. The chest bump to set the shot up and beautifully executing it all with 5 opposing players around him. RVP and Cahill's goal were one-touch goals, which is easier to execute in my opinion.

campusblogger 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 7 54

you know its a great goal when the goalkeeper stays on his feet as the ball lands in the net

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@quik Wasn't that goal in last year nominee?

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Germany 10 422

Gotta be Tim Cahill Australia vs Netherlands World Cup. Difficulty level 10, left foot volley with ball coming over right shoulder. Not bad considering he's a right footer

• History

Tim Cahill Australia vs Netherlands World Cup. Has to be a contender, left foot volley with ball coming over right shoulder. Not bad considering he's a right footer

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

@CroatiaFan123 It was 2 years ago, but @decentK said it was undeserved so I wanted to know why.

• History

@CroatiaFan123 It was, but @decentK said it was undeserved so I wanted to know why.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

^ "was imo undeserved, because it wasn't even clean hit to the ball."