Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Giroud or Welbeck
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

With all the other PL player vs player things going around, I decided to make this one.

My vote goes, and always has gone to Olivier Giroud. He is exceptional and extremely underrated by some Arsenal fans. He did score 16 or so league goals last season yet he was complained for being too slow, low or rate etc.

Meanwhile their is Welbeck or Wele. Welbeck has been exceptional after his move to the Gunners, he has scored some great league goals and also a hat trick in the CL. Probably more complete than Giroud but is he as good?

I'll try count up the votes after

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

With all the other PL player vs player things going around, I decided to make this one.

My vote goes, and always has gone to Olivier Giroud. He is exceptional and extremely underrated by some Arsenal fans. He did score 16 or so league goals last season yet he was complained for being too slow, low or rate etc.

Meanwhile their is Welbeck or Wele. Welbeck has been exceptional after his move to the Gunners, he has scored some great league goals and also a hat trick in the CL. Probably more complete than Giroud but is he as good?

Comments
ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Depends who the opposition is. If the opposition is someone like Stoke for example, then giroud is needed for his physical contributions like heading and strength. If it's against a possession style team like Man City, then welbeck is needed for his pace on the counter attack because he's fast. Both are very inconsistent because they have really good games then the next game they flop.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Yea, Giroud scored 16 goals, but he could have score at least 10 more.. Welbeck need to work on his finishing and he may become really great striker, but now I vote for Giroud played great since his comeback.

ArgjentKOSOVO 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 0 35

Giroud is much better than Welbeck,at least for now

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

giroud

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Neither are particularly good. But Welbeck shows some promise, whereas Giroud is too old to develop any further, so I go with Welbeck for this one.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I think that Welbeck, because he has powerful shot, he is fast, and can make great headers like Giroud. Except I would choose Giroud for Stoke City games. :P

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i'd go for giroud. when he was injured, i kinda miss his swift passes. Welbz needs to be lethal up front.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Giroud Izy bet.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

These threads are interesting and have been going for quite awhile now. The only improvement I would think of for such threads is something like Dynestian used to do which is including stats so people can vote without being biased and also to compare two players that plays in the same exact role to not misjudge blindly who is better or efficient. Adding a video is always a good idea too.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Agreed.^ yeah its more who is popular, i understood a while ago that few fans are objective, popularity has became key over efficience.
Stats have became more important than the work rate, you only have to score 2 tap ins in a game, and every will heil you as a saver where you did absolutely nothing in the game ( Yeah i think you may guess what im talking about :) ).

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Both

@alex and ye I'd like to see some analysis too w/ vids etc. Ironically my comment doesn't have any at all.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Both

@alex and ye I'd like to see some analysis too w/ vids etc.

DrunkenMonkey 9 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

welbeck is a lot better in my opinion however you wont get some of the goals that giroud scores such as the one against newcastle where he flicked it with the outside of his foot

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 10 422

Definitely Giroud! Who's the other bloke?

manchesterutI 9 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

They're both garbage, but if I had to pick between Giroud or Lord Welbeck, I'd go with Giroud. Arsenal don't have much physical presence and his strength is better suited against anyone, since Arsenal have no physical player other than him.