Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Graziano Pelle
decentK 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Hello, I'd like to talk about Graziano Pellè.

I was really excited when I heard Southampton signing him last summer. I never really saw him play, but I was always so puzzled (in a positive way) of his goalscoring record in Feyenoord, week & week out it didn't surprise me at all that he had scored yet again.

He never really hit the heights between 2004-2011, he scored just 30 times between those years (in league). I hadn't even heard of him back then. When he was at Feyenoord, he scored 50 goals in 57 games in just two years. I've heard that he was so popular in Netherlands, that when you say "Pellè" to your barber, he would make exactly the same haircut that Graziano has.

Back to Southampton. He was brought in by their new manager Ronald
Koeman, who was the manager of Feyenoord when Pellè hit his peak. I
think it's fair to say he has adapted really quick.

He's a tall
man - 194cm (6ft4), but I think he's pretty agile, although dribbling
isn't his best ability. He's brilliant in the air - he has won 32 out of
68 headed duels this season in BPL.

Like I said before, the start of his Southampton career has been brilliant. 7 matches for So'ton, 4 goals and 1 assist in the league. Here is his first competitive goal for them.

(UPDATE: 9 matches for So'ton (in BPL) - 6 goals 1 assist.)

Then arguably the goal of the week vs QPR.

He just got called first time for the Italian national team, and here was the result, a debut goal for him.

Then BPL player of the month.

I really like that eventhough he didn't have the best start to his career, he has proved everyone wrong, and proved to be brilliant player. Brilliant to see these "late bloomers" having success. Hopefully he'll keep his form, I know it's been just 7 BPL games for Southampton and it might be too early to compliment him, but so far it's been great for him.

Here are Feyenoord goals he scored there.

Please, let me know if you know more than me about him :-)

(UPDATE: here's the goal he scored against Malta, the older vid was deleted by YouTube)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I was really excited when I heard Southampton signing him last summer. I never really saw him play, but I was always so puzzled (in a positive way) of his goalscoring record in Feyenoord, week & week out it didn't surprise me at all that he had scored yet again.

He never really hit the heights between 2004-2011, he scored just 30 times between those years (in league). I hadn't even heard of him back then. When he was at Feyenoord, he scored 50 goals in 57 games in just two years. I've heard that he was so popular in Netherlands, that when you say "Pellè" to your barber, he'll make exactly the same haircut that Graziano has.

He's a tall

Like I said before, the start of his Southampton career has been brilliant. 7 matches for So'ton, 4 goals and 1 assist in the league. Here is his first competitive goal for them.

He just got called first time for the Italian national team, and here was the result, a debut goal for him.

I really like that eventhough he didn't have the best start to his career, he has proved everyone wrong, and proved to be brilliant player. Brilliant to see these "late bloomers" having success. Hopefully he'll keep his form, I know it's been just 7 BPL games for Southampton and it might be too early to compliment him, but so far it's been great for him.

He never really hit the heights between 2004-2011, he scored just 30 times between those years (in league). I hadn't even heard of him back then. When he was at Feyenoord, he scored 50 goals in 57 games in just two years. I've heard that he was so popular in Netherlands, that when you say "Pellè" to your barber, he would make exactly the same haircut that Graziano has.

He's a tall

He's a tall

(UPDATE: 9 matches for So'ton (in BPL) - 6 goals 1 assist.)

Comments
CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I didn't think that he is that good,but I started watching him as potential talent.After his joining in Italy NT,I knew he is good player,because Conte has got eye for that.Anyway,amazing vids.

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Yes he was amazing here in Holland. Pelle was like the Diego Costa in the Eredivsie. Scoring week after week.

Aiden_Finland 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

This season PELLE will score 20+ goals, he has support from Tadic who gives the best through balls and crosses and their latest signing Mane who has Ferrari legs and 5 star skills. Southampton's defense is one of the best Bertrand, Alderweireld, Fonte (c) and Clyne. Fraser Forster is over 2 meters tall so good luck for all the strikers in EPL. Southampton's midfield is 10/10 Davis, Wanyama and Schneiderlin who made the right decision by not going to Tottenham with Pochettino. Finally their manager Ronald Koeman who has changed the club and I think they will finish higher than last season 8th. In my opinion Southampton will finish between 4-7

• History

This season PELLE will score 20+ goals, he has support from Tadic who gives the best through balls and crosses and their latest signing Mane who has Ferrari legs and 5 star skills. Southampton's defense is one of the best Bertrand, Alderweireld, Fonte (c) and Clyne. Fraser Forster is over 2 meters tall so good luck for all the strikers in EPL. Southampton's midfield is 10/10 Davis, Wanyama and Schneiderlin who made the right decision by not going to Tottenham with Pochettino. Finally their manager Ronald Koeman who has changed the club and I think they will finish higher than last season 8th. In my opinion Southampton will finish 4-7

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Great player, i was wondering why Italian national coach prefered Osvaldo to him, he is a good player but Grazianno was just lacking visibility, he should have got a call much earlier.

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

He also did amazing today, Southampton being a quiet club is giving him more chances to shine along with Schneiderlin, Tadic, and others.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

this guy, he did it again today vs Stoke. i gotta give it to Jinn, me i would never think he'd keep having the same success he had in the Eredivisie. despite his age, if he keeps it up we could have the next Toni/Ravanelli.

manchesterutI 9 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

His first goal vs Stoke today was a masterpiece. This dude is on fire.

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

He was shit at Inter and look at him now. Still have few years to play.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

^ He never played in Inter, did he? Or do you mean against Inter?

Yep another 2 goals. The first one was brilliant!

manchesterutI 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, England 23 388

He never played at Inter o_O

• History
mladen 9 years ago Edited

Lol sorry , my bad. He played for Parma,but It was another Pele at Inter 2007-2008. - Pelé (footballer, born 1987)

• History

Lol sorry , my bad. It was another Pele at Inter 2007-2008. - Pelé (footballer, born 1987)

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Many Eredivise scorers have been able to replicate their success in other leagues, Suarez, RVP and Ibra were discovered there by Football fans.
Eredivise players are a little underrated.

mladen 9 years ago

@ tiki, yeah Don't forget Ronaldo... his first team from Europe was PSV.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Great thread about Graziano Pelle +1

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Tiki, i thought the Eredivisie success was a fluke because he performed very poorly when he played in Italy.
sometimes happens to have those FWs that perform amazingly for 1, 2 seasons max, then they go back to anonimity being very bad. i placed Pellè in that league of players.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@Tiki the funny thing is that there are LOTS of players that are exact opposite, not going to name every player. But on the other hand like you said lots of amazing footballers have come there. Anyways, here are some flops what I remember :P

Altidore - 67 matches 39 goals in AZ ### 36 games 1 goal for Sunderland
Bas Dost - 66 matches 45 goals in Heerenveen ### 41 matches 12 goals for Wolfsburg
El Hamdaoui - 106 matches in AZ&Ajaz 64 goals ### 32 matches 6 goals for Fiorentina&Malaga since.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

@ShpalmanYeah because they overperform and being lucky in those moments, i remember a game where i was very tired and not that confident but each time i tried something, it worked. Getting lucky to be in the right place, the right moment and scoring a Hattrick, then be on the top of your form and getting extremely unlucky finishing 2,3 games goalless.
Thats Football, sometimes you try to understand but there is nothing to understand :).

@Decent
Yeah you are right, but in this cae its not a lague problem but more a player problem to adapt to a new league/club.
Eredivise has been feeding big clubs for decades now, and we can see the Dutch national team being competitive with each time some new faces from the eredivise.

• History

Yeah because they overperform and being lucky in those moments, i remember a game where i was very tired and not that confident but each time i tried something, it worked. Getting lucky to be in the right place, the right moment and scoring a Hattrick, then be on the top of your form and getting extremely unlucky finishing 2,3 games goalless.
Thats Football, sometimes you try to understand but there is nothing to understand :).

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Little update...

Had a dip towards the end of the last season, but been much better this season.

12 matches:
6 goals 2 assists.
13 chances created
Headed duels 55/101 (4th best)

Brilliant celebration from him this season lol.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Also tadic came from twente. He has been as good this season bu last season he was better than pelle