Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jamie Carragher and Thiery Henry explains Steven Gerrard’s stamp
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is very apologetic from SkySports . and then I must question my sanity according to them .

I always will love Theiry Henry as footballer and as genuine person , but right here is basically saying what skysports wants him to say or his friendship to Gerrard .

And Jaimie , well Jaimie lately has been full of crap .

Where is Rednknap ? With special edition Liverpools crimes .

Btw forum members , come on mates , can we get at least little hate on Skrtel and Gerrard ?

Comments
shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

"can we get at least little hate on Skrtel and Gerrard ? "
haha what the...
i do agree about this defense being a tad pathetic tho'. they almost went full Saul Goodman.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Well Jamie is very very close with Steven Gerrard, so I can understand a bit that he's not overbashing him. Also Jamie tried to explain the potential reasons behind that idiotic move, because it's not like Gerrard does this every year. At the same time I think he made clear that it's unacceptable and really idiotic brainless act.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

" can we get at least little hate on Skrtel and Gerrard ? "

• Prepare for hate on Costa then.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

There is only one objective pundit , and It is Garry Neville . Never liked him as a player but as pundit and as person he is very balanced and objective about every topic and any club . Even about his own former club , he was spot on , but ofcourse United never takes sh8t from no one . The untouchables .

Lol ofcourse i am being sarcastic .... Just Skrtel ... Gerrard is top class and i was surprised to see him act that way . However, it does not matter if he is best or not . Still this is unacceptable behavior and who knows he could have broken leg and end Herrars season . It is the double standard attitude of media that pisses me off .

Interesting thing not so much being talked . If It was Costa , he would have been slaughtered by media and fans . Gerrard saw where he was stepping . He directly looked at Ander Herrara before he stamp on him . It was completely unprovoked . It was crazy moment .

That is clear as day , guilty verdict .

English or foreign , Liverpool or Chelsea , I demand objective treatment . From now on , SkySports can go take a hike next time they think about unjustly criticizing our players . Well Jose tells them that almost every interview .

@quikzy

You mean prepare for more bias BS ? Lol i dont give a damn anymore , i already formed my opinion about everyones objectivity here .

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

@Marcus, I hate Skrtel and Gerrard.

I think that I just made your day, you can sleep in peace now.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, Gerrard was for me weakest Liverpool point in in last 2 years. They will be better without him.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@soccerboss

Thank you :) . See was that too hard ?

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Nope, as it seems I also earned a like as well.

Ihaveabbc 9 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

Guys, seriously are you so bored and are so lifeless that you have to spread hatred towards two players who got too emotional during a game?

Skrtel's ban is fully deserved, and so is Gerrard's but making such a huge drama out of nothing is just needless. It happens and it is not the "British" way of doing it but it happens and for people like you, lifeless virgins it just gives you stuff to talk about in a virtual forum with strangers.

So, Chelsea players never stamped someone or got violent? Remember when Matic & Costa got banned? No? I do.

So, Arsenal players never stamped someone? Remember when Song & Gervinho got banned for stamping? No? I do.

So, Gerrard has been the weakest Liverpool player in the last 2 years? Good, this year he has been really, really weak. Since his announcement of leaving Liverpool he has been utter rubbish. True. But last season? Just because one silly mistake cost Liverpool the title it doesn't mean Gerrard had been bad all season long. In fact, last season he was beside to Yaya Toure the best holding midfielder in the league.

So, just my two cents.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ihaveabbc

Football fans are supposed to have long memories, but apparently not on FootyRoom.

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

^I remember Lodatz, I liked home too but he disappeared somewhere.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus, how are Carragher and Henry being apologetic? They made it very clear that Gerrard's stamp was unacceptable, so did the entire world, including Gerrard himself. Your clutching at straws here. It is hypocritical the way you demand objectivity, when Chelsea supporters have been the least objective when it comes to rightly criticizing their club. You don't want objectivity; you want praise. You're not fooling anyone.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

A while after the game I realized that was Gerrard's las appearance in a United-Liverpool match and even though I dislike Liverpool, Gerrard is a player that I respect and like a lot, and I even felt bad for him ending that part of his career like that.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

That seemed like a very biased point of view from both Carragher and Henry. They should've been more critical, but seemed to try to justify Gerrard's stamp. Disappointing.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@the game

Ah man you must be one of the most irrational members i ever met in my life on any forum and probably in life .... Hypocritical ? And seriously, praise for what ? I am highlighting hypocrisy around here that is been going on since day one of this season by some members .

Just watch this video and compare two of them . Make your conclusions.

@Ihaveabbc

So help me understand , full living life person , what are you doing here on this forum ?

For ex I am on this forum WHEN I BORED AT WORK . While i am sitting on my a*s replying to a big pimp like you , but I am sure the only pu*sy you saw this week was your cat , and while I was posting this thread i was making money . Putting yourself above everyone else . Really dislike people like you. Keyboard heroes .

Don't ever insult others not knowing jack **** about their lives . Now go on , cherio , take a hike mate live your life don't come here to insult members , wankker .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@the game

Ah man you must be one of the most irrational members i ever met in my life on any forum and probably in life .... Hypocritical ? And seriously, praise for what ? I am highlighting hypocrisy around here that is been going on since day one of this season by some members .

Just watch this vide and compare two of them . Make your conclusions.

@Ihaveabbc

So help me understand , full living life person , what are you doing here on this forum ?

For ex I am on this forum WHEN I BORED AT WORK . While i am sitting on my a*s replying to a big pimp like you , but I am sure the only pu*sy you saw this week was your cat , and while I was posting this thread i was making money . Putting yourself above everyone else . Really dislike people like you. Keyboard heroes .

Don't ever insult others not knowing jack shit about their lives . Now go on , cherio , take a hike mate live your life don't come here to insult members , wankker .

" The reason for not showing the Skrtel stamp was Thierry changed the subject back to tactics as we were about to show it at the end!" - Jamie Carragher on twitter

Lol this guy threw the blame on Henry . Very classy move .

• History

The reason for not showing the Skrtel stamp was Thierry changed the subject back to tactics as we were about to show it at the end!"

Lol this guy threw the blames it on Henry . Very classy move .

TheGame 9 years ago

@Marcus, those videos didn't AT ALL back up your misleading claim of there being no objectivity on Sky when it comes to these stamps.

1st Video- Carragher on Gerrard's tackle: "That's just unacceptable. Straight red no arguments with that....There is no doubt you can't do that on a football pitch. And he's been rightly given his marching orders".

2nd Video- "Liverpool should have had 2 men sent off today. Lucas Leiva and Henderson were lucky. We all love Diego Costa, he is a fantastic player but he steps over the line sometime".

At the end of the day, what was the penalty for the actions of Costa against Liverpool and Skrtel against United? A 3 match ban for BOTH.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@thegame it is incredible how you leave out or hear only what you want to hear .

Carragher starts with words moments of madness and immediately defends him by saying that Gerrard frustration of not being picked often played the role in stamp and then he throws more explanations about that it is not his regular behavior . He is clearly defending him . I don't know what pops out in your window when you play the clip.

Gerrard contrast to Costa , clearly looked where he was stamping . That is way worse . You can see him knowingly stepping on Herrars foot .

If he never committed stamps before , it does not mean that he should be excused .

And then you completely ignore Thiery Henry . in the first video and in the second video .

Did you also miss the video titled as Costa crimes ?

Jaimie Rednkap bashed at him more than 10 minutes . I know he hates Jose after Jose put him in his place in the beginning of the season . I can't post the whole video clip , because i could not find it on youtube .

TheGame 9 years ago

@Marcus, Carragher is not DEFENDING him, he is providing a reason of why he thinks he did what he did. He is not justifying Gerrard's actions or saying what he did was right. Everything else your saying is essentially conjecture, because the meat of all the pundit's arguments is the exact same. They know stampings are wrong. The only difference is that Costa got away with what he did on the pitch and Gerrard didn't, hence the more vitriol. And Costa knew exactly what he was doing on both occasions, against Skrtel he looked where he was stamping. What he did was criminal and he IS a dirtier player than Gerrard. Thierry Henry did not say anything controversial on both occasions. All in all, they should have used harsher language on both occasions, because stamping is a disgrace. You're still clutching at straws.

Idk mate , when he draws conversation away from the incident with stories about his lack of matches and him being a clean player blah blah , to me that is already sign of defending . He is not justifying it , but he is sugar coating thus taking off pressure, blame and labels .

"ll in all, they should have used harsher language on both occasions, because stamping is a disgrace."

Exactly . Yet Costa made the news around the world for months and called different harsh words but Liverpool crimes will be forgotten this week . Power of the media and their words . That is double standard issue for me and being bias towards chelsea.

Henry's tone and words completely different . For example , In second one without hesitation he says that Costa knew exactly what he was doing ( while incident was even close to clear as the one with Gerrard ) , and in the first one he clearly draws the blame away from Gerrard . Come on . That is being bias .

• History

Idk mate , when you draw conversation away from the incident with stories about his lack of matches and him being a clean player blah blah , to me that is already sign of defending . He is not justifying it , but he is sugar coating thus taking off pressure and labels .

"ll in all, they should have used harsher language on both occasions, because stamping is a disgrace."

Exactly . Yet Costa made the news around the world for months and called different harsh words but Liverpool crimes will be forgotten this week . Power of the media and their words . That is double standard issue for me and being bias towards chelsea.

Henry's tone and words completely different . For example , In second one without hesitation he says that Costa knew exactly what he was doing ( while incident was even close to clear as the one with Gerrard ) , and in the first one he clearly draws the blame away from Gerrard . Come on . That is being bias .

Idk mate , when he draws conversation away from the incident with stories about his lack of matches and him being a clean player blah blah , to me that is already sign of defending . He is not justifying it , but he is sugar coating thus taking off pressure and labels .