Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester City and PSG to face FFP punishments.
shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

as i wrote almost 1year and half ago, MCity and PSG made crazy deals and debts going against FFP with the goal of winning this year CL, knowing that after this chance they would probably face Financial Fair Play punishments.

this is going to happen this week and the outcome in the end is not "that" dramatic as the 2 clubs will probably just be banned from the transfer-market and get a modest fine. it's not dramatic compared to what it was actually expected: the ban from every european competition. we still don't know tho', let's see how the guys at UEFA are going to manage this. at the moment MCity debts amount is 149mil £, PSG one is 130mil €, while the allowed cap is 37mil €.

EN source:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/300081.html

Comments
Steffankp 10 years ago
Liverpool, Faroe Islands 0 10

There should be a limit for how high you can pay a footballer in salary, like in american football. I think that would solve the problem, and make football a better sport :)

fabryi 10 years ago
Arsenal 37 727

They deserve it. Chelsea survived with the sales of Mata & De Bruyne.
But Liverpool will have a lot to do. Liverpool's overall loss for that period stands at £90m. So when they qualify for UCL, they will have to face FFP too.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Steffankp
YES, completely agree.

@fabryi
and YES, they friggin deserve it. the ban actually. AC Milan too, completely dismantled a potentially awesome squad to keep the balance within the FFP rules. Thiago Silva and Ibra were sold exactly because of that (go espect that the midget Berlusconi wanted to respect rules for once in his life...).

i really hope that UEFA does what it needs to be done. if a salarial cap is established, a cap that every major club can sustain, say 2mil, then players would better populate all the clubs. every club would have 3-4 stars and build a team that can grow around them. some of you will think "LOL 2mil", but you're forgetting all the money coming from technical and image sponsors. players can challenge eachother on that field. i give 2 f*cks if a whatever corporation decides to pay Messi 200mil/year to wear a brand, and Ronaldo on the other side that cries because he wants to get payed more than Messi. they can b*tch eachother with the sponsors.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Steffankp
YES, completely agree.

@fabryi
and YES, they friggin deserve it. the ban actually. AC Milan too, completely dismantled a potentially awesome squad to keep the balance within the FFP rules. Thiago Silva and Ibra were sold exactly because of that (go espect that the midget Berlusconi wanted respect rules for one in his life...).

i really hope that UEFA for once does what it needs to be done. if a salarial cap is established, a cap that every major club can sustain, say 2mil, then players would better populate all the clubs. every club would have 3-4 stars and build a team that can grow around them. some of you will think "LOL 2mil", but you're forgetting all the money coming from technical and image sponsors. players can challenge eachother on that field. i give 2 f*cks if a whatever corporation decides to pay Messi 200mil/year to wear a brand, and Ronaldo on the other side that cries because he wants to get payed more than Messi. they can bitch eachother with the sponsors.

@Steffankp
YES, completely agree.

@fabryi
and YES, they friggin deserve it. the ban actually. AC Milan too, completely dismantled a potentially awesome squad to keep the balance within the FFP rules. Thiago Silva and Ibra were sold exactly because of that (go espect that the midget Berlusconi wanted to respect rules for one in his life...).

i really hope that UEFA for once does what it needs to be done. if a salarial cap is established, a cap that every major club can sustain, say 2mil, then players would better populate all the clubs. every club would have 3-4 stars and build a team that can grow around them. some of you will think "LOL 2mil", but you're forgetting all the money coming from technical and image sponsors. players can challenge eachother on that field. i give 2 f*cks if a whatever corporation decides to pay Messi 200mil/year to wear a brand, and Ronaldo on the other side that cries because he wants to get payed more than Messi. they can ***** eachother with the sponsors.

@Steffankp
YES, completely agree.

@fabryi
and YES, they friggin deserve it. the ban actually. AC Milan too, completely dismantled a potentially awesome squad to keep the balance within the FFP rules. Thiago Silva and Ibra were sold exactly because of that (go espect that the midget Berlusconi wanted to respect rules for once in his life...).

i really hope that UEFA for once does what it needs to be done. if a salarial cap is established, a cap that every major club can sustain, say 2mil, then players would better populate all the clubs. every club would have 3-4 stars and build a team that can grow around them. some of you will think "LOL 2mil", but you're forgetting all the money coming from technical and image sponsors. players can challenge eachother on that field. i give 2 f*cks if a whatever corporation decides to pay Messi 200mil/year to wear a brand, and Ronaldo on the other side that cries because he wants to get payed more than Messi. they can ***** eachother with the sponsors.

@Steffankp
YES, completely agree.

@fabryi

i really hope that UEFA does what it needs to be done. if a salarial cap is established, a cap that every major club can sustain, say 2mil, then players would better populate all the clubs. every club would have 3-4 stars and build a team that can grow around them. some of you will think "LOL 2mil", but you're forgetting all the money coming from technical and image sponsors. players can challenge eachother on that field. i give 2 f*cks if a whatever corporation decides to pay Messi 200mil/year to wear a brand, and Ronaldo on the other side that cries because he wants to get payed more than Messi. they can ***** eachother with the sponsors.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Thats Hypocrite from you Shpalman, i dont think Berlesconi did it to respect the rules...
This kind of people dont think that rules are applied for them, he did that for money. And i think Fifa are not angels, they are very happy with the amounts of money invested in the game and they just want their part...
I think you should let other teams do what they could to be strong, and just try to compete with them instead of finding excuses nobody gives a s**t.

This will never happen, the level will not decrease to suit clubs in bad situation, if they do nothing to be competitive the they could rest in peace like many clubs before in History.

Dont act like innocents, we all know the world we are living in, all fifa old guys are happy that Football is generating a lot of money, and they will do everything to make the sport be even bigger, sad world ruined by money.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Thats Hypocrite from you Shpalman, i dont think Berlesconi did it to respect the rules...
This kind of people dont think that rules are applied for them, he did that for money. And i think Fifa are not angels, they are very happy with the amounts of money invested in the game and they just want their part...
I think you should let other teams do what they could to be strong, and just try to compete with them instead of finding excuses nobody gives a s**t.

This will never happen, the level will not decrease to suit clubs in bad situation, if they do nothing to be competitive the they could rest in peace like many clubs before in History.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

null

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

--UPDATE-- can't edit the above post, i'll copy paste the corrected version down here

can you please explain why you are calling me hypocrite now?
also, i suggest you don't comment on Berlusconi's stuff since you're French, so you can't really know about what is going on with him. furthermore, the reason Ibra and Silva were sold, i don't think you know it, and i'm 100% sure your assumption is incorrect; because i know stuff about the club i support and you simply don't. but it's nothing bad on your side, i'd never come to you and try to act like i know internal Barca affairs better than you do.

anyway, i don't quite understand your point, 1st you say: f*ck the clubs which are in a bad situation,
UEFA (it's uefa, not fifa) should let the clubs do whatever they want to improve their teams.

and then on a 2nd thought you say this is a sad world ruined by money?

you do realize that your 1st opinion massively clashes with your 2nd one yes? i mean you are completely in favour for millionaire nobodies to come in Europe, buy clubs and pay players crazy amount of money, which is basically the reason why football is collapsing. sorry, i don't get you, seriously.

me, i prefer more the way it was around 15 years ago, where MORE clubs had various stars playing for them, so this translated into an awesome age for football, the best one imo. do you remeber Batistuta and Rui Costa playing for clubs like "Fiorentina"?

not like now, there are 4 clubs who buy ALL the football stars around, all the rest it's a f*cking desert valley of tears. (Barca even buys them underage illegally cutting away the competition at that stage already)
do you like it this way?

the level of monetary competiton you wish for, is -i-n-s-a-n-e- . it's like one day you wanna go and live in Paris, the rent costs a fair price that you are able to pay, but BAM, here comes a douche who tells the owner: "give it to me i'll pay you double". and you're left with your a*s in the street, not because you are a beggar, but because someone exploited and corrupted the system. now, Paris was an example, don't know how it works there;
here in Germany luckily there are RULES that prevent that, so anyone has a warm a*s.
dunno if you're getting the analogy.

in general, it's not my intention to have an argument, so if you're gonna reply be sure to understand that we're having a civil conversation.