Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Players that remind each other?
decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Just out of curiosity, can you name 2 players that (preferably have ~+5 year age difference) that truly remind of each other & the younger one could probably have even admitted that he has copied the style from the other one? You can give quotes if you want, or just little video clips to show the similarity, or just comment why.

Just to start, I think I'd say

Laudrup & Iniesta (got reminded of this in another thread)
Maradona & Messi
Zlatan (when he was younger) & Ronaldo 9 Fenomeno

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just out of curiosity, can you name 2 players that (preferably have ~+10 year age difference) that truly remind of each other & the younger one could probably have even admitted that he has copied the style from the other one? You can give quotes if you want, or just little video clips to show the similarity, or just comment why.

Just to start, I think I'd say

Laudrup & Iniesta (got reminded of this in another thread)
Maradona & Messi
Zlatan (when he was younger) & Ronaldo 9 Fenomeno

Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't really like comparing players of different times, because often it is nearly impossible for the current player to reach that height (see: Januzaj is the next Ronaldo).

In terms of comparing current superstars with past superstars, I honestly haven't followed this sport long enough (10 years) to actually know.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Uhh not quite sure of Zlatan and Ronaldo. Ronaldo was a speedy monster in his Barcelona, PSV, and early Inter days. Zlatan never relied on speed, and has a very different playing style than Ronaldo.

Neymar and Cristiano (Neymar claimed CR7 as one of his football idols)
Marcelo and Roberto Carlos (more of something Real Madrid fans say)
Pele and Zico (Zico being labelled the "White Pele")
Zlatan and van Basten

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Great shouts.

Ronaldo9 & Zlatan > It's true that R9 had lots of more pace, but Zlatan has many times admitted (inc. in his autobiography) that R9 is his hero and if I remember right he said he copied him a lot. And like I said I'm not talking of today's Zlatan but when he was younger.

I've never ever seen Zlatan actually starstruck.

also.

vs

• History

Great shouts.

Ronaldo9 & Zlatan > It's true that R9 had lots of more pace, but Zlatan has many times admitted (inc. his autobiography) that R9 is his hero and if I remember right he said he copied him a lot. And like I said I'm not talking of today's Zlatan but when he was younger.

I've never ever seen Zlatan actually starstruck.

also.

vs

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Pogba -- Viera
Danilo -- Daniel Alves
Tevez -- Batistuta

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Dybala - Messi
Depay - Ronaldo
Saul Niguez - Javi Martinez

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Aleksandar Mitrovic --> Mario Balotelli

Similarities:
Wears Number 45 shirt, like Balotelli.
Striker, like Balotelli.
Has Potential, like Balotelli once did.
Very Dirt, like Balotelli.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@liomessi10 bro that's a good spot ;-D agree

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

lol @ the Zlatan and Ronaldo 9 comparison. They're completely different players. Different build, different skill set, different way of playing. I'm lost.

Toure Yaya and Makalele.. perhaps even Pogba.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi
Jay jay Okocha and Ronaldinho
Maybe Mario Gomez and Bierhof?
Balotelli and Anelka - as far as off the field antics and constant dissapointment, or simply wasted talent.
Zico and Hagi

@tikitaka: Danilo is much more like Maicon than Daniel Alves, both defensively and offensively.

I can't think of more at the moment. I'll ad more as I think of it.

• History

lol @ the Zlatan and Ronaldo 9 comparison. They're completely different players. Different build, different skill set, different way of playing. I'm lost.

Toure Yaya and Makalele.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi

Toure Yaya and Makalele.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi

Toure Yaya and Makalele.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi

Toure Yaya and Makalele.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi
Balotelli and Anelka - as far as off the field antics and constant dissapointment.

Toure Yaya and Makalele.
Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi
Balotelli and Anelka - as far as off the field antics and constant dissapointment, or simply wasted talent.

Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi

Danilo and Maicon
Bergamp and Van Persie
Maradona and Messi
Zico and Hagi

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Well, then I must say I'm lost on Makelele & Yaya Toure. Makelele = Coquelin for me. Still think younger Zlatan reminds him (as I've mentioned 3 times) - considering all the skills he did back then and the point that Ronaldo9 is Zlatan's idol. Just as an example all the C.Ronaldo fan boys probably play like him - well atleast my friends try to.

Nonetheless would like to hear more.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Both Makalele and Yaya Toure are strong CDM's with a lot of attacking ability. Both black, both are the best of their generations in their position and are total beasts. Both unsung heroes of their teams with plenty of attacking talent. Real Madrid fell apart when Makalele was sold, and last season the only reason City was underwhelming was because Toure was in a bad form.

What differs Zlatan and Ronaldo though is that Ronaldo never did tricks just to showboat, he dribbled without moves (much like Messi), and he used his physique and speed a lot. While it is true that Zlatan has a strong build, he's never been a fast player. Zlatan is very creative, he can provide as well as score. Ronaldo on the other hand had that killer instinct that Zlatan does not, he was a striker through and through and I don't recall ever seeing him drop back to provide for his teammates. Ronaldo was like a bulldozer. Once he got going, there was no stopping him. Zlatan, for all his physical strength, is a lot more finesse. Other than the fact that they are both strikers, I do not see much similarity between them.

• History

Both Makalele and Yaya Toure are strong CDM's with a lot of attacking ability. Both black, both are the best of their generations.

What differs Zlatan and Ronaldo though is that Ronaldo never did tricks just to showboat, he dribbled without moves (much like Messi), and he used his physique and speed a lot. While it is true that Zlatan has a strong build, he's never been a fast player. Zlatan is very creative, he can provide as well as score. Ronaldo on the other hand had that killer instinct that Zlatan does not, he was a striker through and through. Ronaldo was like a bulldozer. Once he got going, there was no stopping him.

Both Makalele and Yaya Toure are strong CDM's with a lot of attacking ability. Both black, both are the best of their generations and are total beasts. Both unsung heroes of their teams.

What differs Zlatan and Ronaldo though is that Ronaldo never did tricks just to showboat, he dribbled without moves (much like Messi), and he used his physique and speed a lot. While it is true that Zlatan has a strong build, he's never been a fast player. Zlatan is very creative, he can provide as well as score. Ronaldo on the other hand had that killer instinct that Zlatan does not, he was a striker through and through. Ronaldo was like a bulldozer. Once he got going, there was no stopping him.

Both Makalele and Yaya Toure are strong CDM's with a lot of attacking ability. Both black, both are the best of their generations in their position and are total beasts. Both unsung heroes of their teams with plenty of attacking talent. Real Madrid fell apart when Makalele was sold, and last season the only reason City was underwhelming was because Toure was in a bad form.

What differs Zlatan and Ronaldo though is that Ronaldo never did tricks just to showboat, he dribbled without moves (much like Messi), and he used his physique and speed a lot. While it is true that Zlatan has a strong build, he's never been a fast player. Zlatan is very creative, he can provide as well as score. Ronaldo on the other hand had that killer instinct that Zlatan does not, he was a striker through and through and I don't recall ever seeing him drop back to provide for his teammates. Ronaldo was like a bulldozer. Once he got going, there was no stopping him.

What differs Zlatan and Ronaldo though is that Ronaldo never did tricks just to showboat, he dribbled without moves (much like Messi), and he used his physique and speed a lot. While it is true that Zlatan has a strong build, he's never been a fast player. Zlatan is very creative, he can provide as well as score. Ronaldo on the other hand had that killer instinct that Zlatan does not, he was a striker through and through and I don't recall ever seeing him drop back to provide for his teammates. Ronaldo was like a bulldozer. Once he got going, there was no stopping him. Zlatan, for all his physical strength, is a lot more finesse.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

^Yeps alright - Ronaldo9 being bulldozer is a great shout, would say Suarez is at times that kind of player too. Still wouldn't say Yaya Toure is really a CDM. He was in Barca, but he wasn't particularly special there. At Man City, he's been box to box CM that has attacking abilities as you mentioned. Makelele on the other hand for me is PURE CDM & didn't have attacking ability - similar to Coquelin as I mentioned

mladen 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

... I see many comparing are funny here (Tevez-Batistuta hahaha NOTHING similar here)...Anyway I will try this: Marcelo - Serginho , Matic - Viera, Suarez-Ronaldo ,T.Silva - Nesta ,Iniesta- Zidane, .........

It would be better thread if you give us some footballers and let us say what players are the most similar to them . For example:
1.Rivaldo
2.Nedved
3.Gatuso
4.Inzaghi
5.Zola

Go..

• History

wow ... I see many comparing are funny here ... I will try this: Marcelo - Serginho , Matic - Viera, Suarez-Ronaldo ,T.Silva - Nesta ,Iniesta- Zidane, .........

It would be better thread if you give us some footballers and let us say what players are the most similar to them . For example: 1.Rivaldo
2.Nedved
3.Gatuso
4.Inzaghi
5.Zola

Go..

minoas57 9 years ago
Arsenal, Greece 8 155

1.Gerrard - Pogba

2.Chiellini - Maldini
3.Kahn - Neuer
4.Mardona - Messi