Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier league player of the year 2015 and best Young Player
Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

To me hands down, Eden Hazard Best player of the Year and he even tops the previous winners with his stats .

Nemanja Matic is also great candidate , so I would not disagree much if he gets the player of the year .

This season Arsenal’s Alexis Sánchez’s started his Premier League debut campaign with a bang after his switch from Barcelona, however recently his form has taken a dip. Manchester City’s Sergio Agüero has put in some big performances this term but an injury over the busy Christmas period has appeared to slow the striker down. While, although 21-year-old Spurs sensation Harry Kane has enjoyed an excellent breakthrough campaign, he didn’t really get going until November.

Eden Hazard still consistent from day one and like I said only other player who comes equal to him is Nemanja Matic .

Best young player should go to Harry Kane . No question. His performance against Leicester just proved once again why he deserves it . And honestly , I don't mind seeing Harry Kane as top goalscorer . He has done amazing job to compete with established world class strikers .

I have few other worthy to of mentioning due to their great season not entirely perfect but great .

SOME PEOPLE DONT READ , BUT I PUT GREAT IMPORTANCE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT BELOW TOP 10 IS NOT RANKING THEM !! JUST LIST OF 10 BEST EPL PLAYERS . SO JOHN TERRY IS NOT FIRST BECAUSE HE IS BEST BUT BECAUSE I JUST PUT HIM FIRST ON THE LIST !!!

Top 10 .

1. John Terry (40/1)

While Gary Cahill has faltered of late, John Terry remains a rock in the centre of Chelsea's defence. The 34-year-old's current deal will end this summer but Jose Mourinho has said he will sign a new deal and confirmed it “will not be the last contract he signs” at the club. Terry has played every minute of the current Premier League campaign, marshalling a defence that has conceded just 23 all season - a record only bettered by Southampton.

1. David Silva (40/1)

David Silva stood out as Manchester City romped to a 5-0 victory over Newcastle last month. The Spaniard scored two and made another in a display which underlined his recent transition into a goalscoring playmaker. With 10 goals so far this term, Silva has already eclipsed his previous best tally (7) with nine games left to play this season. The 29-year-old has particularly enjoyed playing at home, where he has scored six in his last seven appearances.

1. David de Gea (33/1)

David de Gea was recently branded the world's best goalkeeper by team-mate Victor Valdes, and his performances at Old Trafford have seen him continually linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid. De Gea was named United's player of the season last year and is on course to top his best clean sheet haul at Old Trafford after another impressive campaign. Standout performances against Everton and Liverpool typified a great season to date.

1. Philippe Coutinho

Philippe Coutinho is on course for his greatest goalscoring tally in a Premier League season and has helped steer the Reds back into contention for a Champions League spot after the club's disappointing start to the season. He is eligible for the Young Player of the Year award but Brendan Rodgers has tipped the Brazilian to win the main award. "He is certainly going to be up there. He has played very well," Rodgers said.

5.Diego Costa (10/1)

Chelsea desperately lacked a prolific goalscorer last term as they fell narrowly short in a hard-fought title bid, but the £32million purchase of Diego Costa in the summer has filled a void and the Blues look set to claim league honours this term. The Spain international leads the Premier League scoring charts with 18, while his decisive goals have earnt Chelsea six points this year - the equivalent of their title advantage.

6.Sergio Aguero (8/1)

Sergio Aguero has already matched his Premier League tally from last season (17 goals), but hasn't enjoyed the same success since the turn of the year. The Argentine scored 14 goals before New Year's Day - when City and Chelsea shared identical records at the top of the Premier League table - but has since scored just three as Manuel Pellegrini's men have fallen off the title pace.

1. Alexis Sanchez (7/1)

Alexis Sanchez was one of the standout performers in the first half of the Premier League season following his £32million summer move from Barcelona, but is another whose form has been indifferent of late. The Chilean scored 12 league goals in 20 matches up to mid-January, but has registered just one goal in six since. His drop in form has coincided with the return of Mesut Ozil from injury.

8 . Cesc Fabregas (7/1)

Arsene Wenger rejected the opportunity to resign Fabregas and the Spaniard has since made the Arsenal boss look foolish. Perched alongside Nemanja Matic deep in the Chelsea midfield, the former Gunners captain has provided 15 assists and scored twice during his first season back in the Premier League. The 27-year-old hasn't been able to maintain his early-season form but looks set to win a first Premier League medal.

1. Harry Kane (6/1)

Harry Kane started the season as cover for both Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado, but impressed when Mauricio Pochettino named a weakened side in the Europa League group stages. He was rewarded with a first Premier League start in early November and has since started every top flight game for Spurs, scoring 16. In January and February, Kane became just the fourth player ever to win the Player of the Month award twice in succession.

1. NemAnja MATIC

Edit : Forgot about Thibaut Courtois .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

To me hands down Eden Hazard and IMo he even tops the previous winners with his stats .

Nemanja Matic is also great candidate , so I would not disagree much if he gets the player of the year .

This season Arsenal’s Alexis Sánchez’s started his Premier League debut campaign with a bang after his switch from Barcelona, however recently his form has taken a dip. Manchester City’s Sergio Agüero has put in some big performances this term but an injury over the busy Christmas period has appeared to slow the striker down. While, although 21-year-old Spurs sensation Harry Kane has enjoyed an excellent breakthrough campaign, he didn’t really get going until November.

Eden Hazard still consistent from day one and like I said only other player who comes equal to him is Nemanja Matic .

Best young player should go to Harry Kane . No question. His performance against Leicester just proved once again why he deserves it . And honestly , I don't mind seeing Harry Kane as top goalscorer . He has done amazing job to compete with established world class strikers .

I have few other worthy to of mentioning due to their great season not entirely perfect but great .

SOME PEOPLE DONT READ , BUT I PUT GREAT IMPORTANCE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT BELOW TOP 10 IS NOT RANKING THEM !! JUST LIST OF 10 BEST EPL PLAYERS . SO JOHN TERRY IS NOT FIRST BECAUSE HE IS BEST BUT BECAUSE I JUST PUT HIM FIRST ON THE LIST !!!

Top 10 .

1. John Terry (40/1)While Gary Cahill has faltered of late, John Terry remains a rock in the centre of Chelsea's defence. The 34-year-old's current deal will end this summer but Jose Mourinho has said he will sign a new deal and confirmed it “will not be the last contract he signs” at the club. Terry has played every minute of the current Premier League campaign, marshalling a defence that has conceded just 23 all season - a record only bettered by Southampton.2. David Silva (40/1)David Silva stood out as Manchester City romped to a 5-0 victory over Newcastle last month. The Spaniard scored two and made another in a display which underlined his recent transition into a goalscoring playmaker. With 10 goals so far this term, Silva has already eclipsed his previous best tally (7) with nine games left to play this season. The 29-year-old has particularly enjoyed playing at home, where he has scored six in his last seven appearances.3. David de Gea (33/1)David de Gea was recently branded the world's best goalkeeper by team-mate Victor Valdes, and his performances at Old Trafford have seen him continually linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid. De Gea was named United's player of the season last year and is on course to top his best clean sheet haul at Old Trafford after another impressive campaign. Standout performances against Everton and Liverpool typified a great season to date.4. Philippe Coutinho (25/1)Philippe Coutinho is on course for his greatest goalscoring tally in a Premier League season and has helped steer the Reds back into contention for a Champions League spot after the club's disappointing start to the season. He is eligible for the Young Player of the Year award but Brendan Rodgers has tipped the Brazilian to win the main award. "He is certainly going to be up there. He has played very well," Rodgers said.5.Diego Costa (10/1)Chelsea desperately lacked a prolific goalscorer last term as they fell narrowly short in a hard-fought title bid, but the £32million purchase of Diego Costa in the summer has filled a void and the Blues look set to claim league honours this term. The Spain international leads the Premier League scoring charts with 18, while his decisive goals have earnt Chelsea six points this year - the equivalent of their title advantage.6.Sergio Aguero (8/1)Sergio Aguero has already matched his Premier League tally from last season (17 goals), but hasn't enjoyed the same success since the turn of the year. The Argentine scored 14 goals before New Year's Day - when City and Chelsea shared identical records at the top of the Premier League table - but has since scored just three as Manuel Pellegrini's men have fallen off the title pace.7. Alexis Sanchez (7/1)Alexis Sanchez was one of the standout performers in the first half of the Premier League season following his £32million summer move from Barcelona, but is another whose form has been indifferent of late. The Chilean scored 12 league goals in 20 matches up to mid-January, but has registered just one goal in six since. His drop in form has coincided with the return of Mesut Ozil from injury.8 . Cesc Fabregas (7/1)Arsene Wenger rejected the opportunity to resign Fabregas and the Spaniard has since made the Arsenal boss look foolish. Perched alongside Nemanja Matic deep in the Chelsea midfield, the former Gunners captain has provided 15 assists and scored twice during his first season back in the Premier League. The 27-year-old hasn't been able to maintain his early-season form but looks set to win a first Premier League medal.9. Harry Kane (6/1)Harry Kane started the season as cover for both Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado, but impressed when Mauricio Pochettino named a weakened side in the Europa League group stages. He was rewarded with a first Premier League start in early November and has since started every top flight game for Spurs, scoring 16. In January and February, Kane became just the fourth player ever to win the Player of the Month award twice in succession.10. NemAnja MATIC

To me hands down Eden Hazard and IMo he even tops the previous winners with his stats .

Top 10 .

1. John Terry (40/1)

While Gary Cahill has faltered of late, John Terry remains a rock in the centre of Chelsea's defence. The 34-year-old's current deal will end this summer but Jose Mourinho has said he will sign a new deal and confirmed it “will not be the last contract he signs” at the club. Terry has played every minute of the current Premier League campaign, marshalling a defence that has conceded just 23 all season - a record only bettered by Southampton.

1. David Silva (40/1)

David Silva stood out as Manchester City romped to a 5-0 victory over Newcastle last month. The Spaniard scored two and made another in a display which underlined his recent transition into a goalscoring playmaker. With 10 goals so far this term, Silva has already eclipsed his previous best tally (7) with nine games left to play this season. The 29-year-old has particularly enjoyed playing at home, where he has scored six in his last seven appearances.

1. David de Gea (33/1)

David de Gea was recently branded the world's best goalkeeper by team-mate Victor Valdes, and his performances at Old Trafford have seen him continually linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid. De Gea was named United's player of the season last year and is on course to top his best clean sheet haul at Old Trafford after another impressive campaign. Standout performances against Everton and Liverpool typified a great season to date.

1. Philippe Coutinho

Philippe Coutinho is on course for his greatest goalscoring tally in a Premier League season and has helped steer the Reds back into contention for a Champions League spot after the club's disappointing start to the season. He is eligible for the Young Player of the Year award but Brendan Rodgers has tipped the Brazilian to win the main award. "He is certainly going to be up there. He has played very well," Rodgers said.

5.Diego Costa (10/1)

Chelsea desperately lacked a prolific goalscorer last term as they fell narrowly short in a hard-fought title bid, but the £32million purchase of Diego Costa in the summer has filled a void and the Blues look set to claim league honours this term. The Spain international leads the Premier League scoring charts with 18, while his decisive goals have earnt Chelsea six points this year - the equivalent of their title advantage.

6.Sergio Aguero (8/1)

Sergio Aguero has already matched his Premier League tally from last season (17 goals), but hasn't enjoyed the same success since the turn of the year. The Argentine scored 14 goals before New Year's Day - when City and Chelsea shared identical records at the top of the Premier League table - but has since scored just three as Manuel Pellegrini's men have fallen off the title pace.

1. Alexis Sanchez (7/1)

Alexis Sanchez was one of the standout performers in the first half of the Premier League season following his £32million summer move from Barcelona, but is another whose form has been indifferent of late. The Chilean scored 12 league goals in 20 matches up to mid-January, but has registered just one goal in six since. His drop in form has coincided with the return of Mesut Ozil from injury.

8 . Cesc Fabregas (7/1)

Arsene Wenger rejected the opportunity to resign Fabregas and the Spaniard has since made the Arsenal boss look foolish. Perched alongside Nemanja Matic deep in the Chelsea midfield, the former Gunners captain has provided 15 assists and scored twice during his first season back in the Premier League. The 27-year-old hasn't been able to maintain his early-season form but looks set to win a first Premier League medal.

1. Harry Kane (6/1)

Harry Kane started the season as cover for both Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado, but impressed when Mauricio Pochettino named a weakened side in the Europa League group stages. He was rewarded with a first Premier League start in early November and has since started every top flight game for Spurs, scoring 16. In January and February, Kane became just the fourth player ever to win the Player of the Month award twice in succession.

1. NemAnja MATIC
Comments
RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I think Hazard deserves it. If it wasn't for injuries, Aguero would probably be the strongest candidate for it though. And you have to remember, Hazard plays for a MUCH better team than Suarez or Bale did.

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

i think harry kane deserves both awards.. the difference he has made is massive

Argjenti1996 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 3 408

Kane deserves it,and Hazard is overrated

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ehm, I know that Matic was awesome this season, but do you really think he deserves PFA player of the year more than Alexis? (If we don't count Hazard first place already). Alexis wasn't inconsistent he's just not scoring goals now when Giroud does, he still does a plenty of of work like Hazard does. I'm saying it's between Alexis and Hazard, while Kane should grab PFA young player of he year without any doubt.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Player of the Year: Eden Hazard
Young Player of the Year: Harry Kane

• History

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Player of the year: Carrick
Young player of the year: Dider drogba ( he has great potential for a 17 year old with 6 goals this season pretty impressive)

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

^lol jk. back to business

Player of the year is without even an inch of a doubt: Eden Hazard (dont even argue with me)
Young player of the year likewise no doubt at all: Harry Kane (seriously, who else has done better)

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Harry kane for both. :)

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He is inconsistent in big matches . Nemanja Matic is powerhouse arguably best CDM in the world. Reason why other players can perform so well in comfort to their best strength is Nemaja Matic . Hazard should definitely thank Matic for his horse work .

There is an old saying : " Horse was the hardest worker at the farm, but it was not a horse who got all the praises " .

Something in that sense because saying is from another language .

Same goes with EPL . Often players like Matic get unnoticed because they play in the shadows and do the "dirty work " . Chelsea subbed him off against PSG and few minutes later they scored on us . Chelsea would not be where they are thanks to Nemanja Matic incredibly consistency. Player who bullied Yaya Toure and literally bossed in his position in every game of EPL . That is why I would not disagree if Matic becomes player of the year .

Ofcourse there are stats as well but we are comparing player overall ( both players are different ) and his contribution to the team .

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

De Gea or Hazard should be fine choices.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

paul_babic 9 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 2 7

Maybe a bit bias, but Kane. At the beginning of the season, we (Spurs) had to cope with Adebayor and Soldado. The difference Kane has made has been massive! Without him, surely, we wouldn't be where we are now.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Kane is a simple poacher, but do poachers really rated as best players of the year ?
A poacher has a good attacking score ( defense and possession are negative or close to 0 )
Stats always overhype a player, i recently watched his highlights on his hattrick, well scored a tap in, a deflected ball and a penalty, was he dicisive ? Hell Yes. Did he the game of his life ? No.
The ball comes until you and you have just to touch it to score, any player can do this, but what Hazard does with the ball, who else in PL is able to do so ? In term of general performence...

Kane is an amazing poacher for his age, and his stats are pretty good, but lets not forget that every touch he does, every deflection, crosses in the right moment from his teammates, everything went in his side...
Impressed me vs Chelsea but thats it, lets not glorify a young talent over the best of the league yet, he is up there topping the scoring charts, but goals were never the only criteria to judge the best players until this era.

The problem of a poacher is his impact on the game, if his team is in a bad form, he wont do much, unlike players who can carry their teams in their shoulders, make the rest of the team confident and score or assist in crutial moments... ( Well thats only my point, some will say that goals are what matters the most in Football and thats an opinion, then Midlefielders or defenders wont never win an individual silverware despite performences...)

Maradona as a pure example or Crujf never had an out of the world stats in a season, but they are considered among the best of History, with these days criterias, Henry should have won at least a BO, Nedved wouldnt have won his nor Zidane or Platini wouldnt have 3 and the list of examples is long...

• History

Kane is a simple poacher, but do poachers really rated as best players of the year ?
A poacher has a good attacking score ( defense and possession are negative or close to 0 )
Stats always overhype a player, i recently watched his highlights on his hattrick, well scored a tap in, a deflected ball and a penalty, was he dicisive ? Hell Yes. Did he the game of his life ? No.
The ball comes until you and you have just to touch it to score, any player can do this, but what Hazard does with the ball, who else in PL is able to do so ? In term of general performence...

Kane is an amazing poacher for his age, and his stats are pretty good, but lets not forget that every touch he does, every deflection, crosses in the right moment from his teammates, everything went in his side...
Impressed me vs Chelsea but thats it, lets not glorify a young talent over the best of the league yet, he is up there topping the scoring charts, but goals were never the only criteria to judge the best players until this era.

The problem of a poacher is his impact on the game, if his team is in a bad form, he wont do much, unlike players who can carry their teams in their shoulders, make the rest of the team confident and score or assist in crutial moments... ( Well thats only my point, some will say that goals are what matters the most in Football and thats an opinion, then Midlefielders or defenders wont never win an individual silverware despite performences...)

paul_babic 9 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 2 7

@tiki_taka The game of his life was probably either the Chel53a (no typo) match or earlier in the Europa League season against Asteras Tripolis with his hat-trick and time in net. That game made him stand out!

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

It's obvious: Hazard and Kane.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Kane for the young talent, not for anything else imo.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

BREAKING : Thorgan Hazard has come off the bench and know Gladbach are leading Bayern 2-0

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@Marcus2011 I'm pretty sure that quote comes from George Orwell's animal farm. :)

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

If either Kane, Aguero or Costa score more than 30+ league goals, then I may have to reconsider, but right now, it has to be Hazard. The contribution he gives to the team in surreal.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Kane is great but not yet the best player of the year, best young player YES