Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid hit 602.000.000 Euro debt, and plan to change stadium name
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Short-term debt - 361.000.000 Euros. Will be paid off within one year. However, it still leaves behind 241.000.000 Euros after we pay it off.

Not only that, but our stadium naming rights are going over to Fly Emirates. The name will be Bernabeu Fly Emirates, or Fly Emirates Bernabeu. Both are being considered.

This is disgusting. Our legendary stadium, named after the man who had done more for Real Madrid than anyone else in our history, is going to be changed. Estadio Santiago Bernabeu is how it has always been, and how it should always be like.

Comments
ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Why exactly do they want to change it?

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Dynastian is right.It's tooo legendary stadium to change name.Santiago is legend,and he will forever be.Real do this wrong,even I'm not interested in Real's football.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Maybe they are not two separate topics, changing the stadium name can give RM the money needed to pay the debt. I would have never imagined a club like RM having to go through this because of money...

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Because they want money, nothing all.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rama

Like @Quikzyyy and @Tuanis said, they want to change the name for money. For a famous football stadium to be named after your company requires Fly Emirates to pay a lot of money to Madrid. They will purchase the naming rights for the Santiago Bernabeu, which will cost tens of millions of Euros.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I think this will be the same case as Newcastle had three years ago. The stadium's name might change, but we'll still call it Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, like Newcastle fans still called their stadium St James' Park instead of the "official" name Sports Direct Arena.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@descentK +1

Even commentators and managers still call St. James Park . Santigo Bernabeu name will survive .

man_utd 10 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Hearing it might be changed to Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabéu.

Disgusting.

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

^ Thats so fake as f#ck. The Santiago Bernabeú name will stay the same but they are planning to change the stadium in 2020.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah, good one. Even if it's called Emrirates, we'll all continue to say Santiago Bernabeu

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

If this is ever true, it's really really disgusting...

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dont pay attention to RM debt, they can pay it in less than 5 years if they wanted to. But its more than just a money issue and explaining it would take long and go off topic.
Debt is rulling the world and Football biggest teams will always have a big one.
For the stadium name it would never ever be a big deal, look at Milan stadium, Inter call him Guiseppe Meazza while Milan AC fans call him the San Ciro, Bernabeu will stay Bernabeu as long as they play in this stadium.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Dont pay attention to RM doubt, they can pay it il less than 5 years if they wanted to. But its more than just money issue explaining it would take long and go off topic.
Debt is rulling the world and Football biggest teams will always have a big one.
For the stadium name it would never ever be a big deal, look at Milan stadium, Inter call him Guiseppe Meazza while Milan AC fans call him the San Ciro, Bernabeu will stay Bernabeu as long as they play in this stadium.

Cavin11 10 years ago
Chelsea, United States 2 884

We already have the Emirates and the Etihad. That's not the big deal.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Cavin

One who does not appreciate the history of football will never understand that. The Emirates was a new stadium when named, Arsenal's true history is at Highbury. The Etihad was also a stadium without any history at all, and City had every right to change it. How would you like Emirates Bridge? That sounds disgusting if you ask me. All those years of history packed into the name 'Stamford Bridge' would be gone. The name itself means something, it represents the home of Chelsea/Madrid/every big club.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

And they say Chelsea don't have history.

Anyway, I hear it might be called something regarding Abu Dhabi Petroleum???

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Updated on the news (30th Sept 2014)
Butragueno was caught off guard when asked to confirm whether Real Madrid are negotiating a deal with IPIC (International Petroleum Investment Company) to rename their stadium from Santiago Bernabeu to Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu...

A hesitant Butragueno said: "We are here to talk about this game and I think we should focus on that. This is our first game here in Dubai, a great opportunity. That [IPIC - Real Madrid] is a different matter.".

This is F**KING DISGUSTING.... all these oil money... history is bigger than your freakin oil money!! I hope Real Madrid fans & all communities can voice their concern and stop this madness..

source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/09/29/5143268/real-madrid-confirm-ac-milan-friendly-and-refuse-to-deny?ICID=HP_TS_3

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

But the former Madrid striker was caught off guard when asked to confirm whether Real Madrid are negotiating a deal with IPIC (International Petroleum Investment Company) to rename their stadium from Santiago Bernabeu to Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu...

A hesitant Butragueno said: "We are here to talk about this game and I think we should focus on that. This is our first game here in Dubai, a great opportunity. That [IPIC - Real Madrid] is a different matter.".

This is F**KING DISGUSTING.... all these oil money... history is bigger than your freakin oil money!! I hope Real Madrid fans & all communities can voice their concern and stop this madness

But the former Madrid striker was caught off guard when asked to confirm whether Real Madrid are negotiating a deal with IPIC (International Petroleum Investment Company) to rename their stadium from Santiago Bernabeu to Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu...

This is F**KING DISGUSTING.... all these oil money... history is bigger than your freakin oil money!! I hope Real Madrid fans & all communities can voice their concern and stop this madness

Butragueno was caught off guard when asked to confirm whether Real Madrid are negotiating a deal with IPIC (International Petroleum Investment Company) to rename their stadium from Santiago Bernabeu to Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu...

This is F**KING DISGUSTING.... all these oil money... history is bigger than your freakin oil money!! I hope Real Madrid fans & all communities can voice their concern and stop this madness..

source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/09/29/5143268/real-madrid-confirm-ac-milan-friendly-and-refuse-to-deny?ICID=HP_TS_3

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

i feel your rage, Bernabeu should be called just that