Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

relegation battles
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

So almost everyone on the forum supports realtively successful teams, but do you also follow what's happening at the bottom of your table ? What team fighting relegation do you root for ?

I root for Sunderland for a few different reasons :

* Newcastle are so mediocre that I can't stand them. Seeing this alan pardew morron playing garbage football makes me like their rivals Sunderland a little more

* Mannone our ex third keeper plays for them, and he's just been voted their player of the season. He's been outstanding with them and I've always liked don Vito.

* They were the most likely to get relegated at the start of April and then they took points from City AND Chelsea. Now they are in a great position to stay in the EPL. Seeing them ending Jose's unbeaten run at the bridge made me like them even more

So who do you guys root for ?

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I hope to hell that Getafe get relegated, lol. They have been very lucky recently to still be in the Spanish Primera Division.

Little hard done for Betis. Focusing on Europa League football and La Liga at the same time killed their entire season. Selling Benat has impacted them a lot too. Hard to believe that this team that is currently dead last by an 8 point margin had been in the top 7 last season.

ikoiko 10 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

I'm indifferent about the EPL relegation battle. In La Liga though I want to see Almería fight there way to safety. With Betis pretty much already relegated, it makes their job a little easier.

kenkichiotaka 10 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

I root for Fulham,simply because they have always been great in recent seasons and it would be sad to see them relegated...

DrunkenMonkey 10 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

west ham are basically out of trouble now but the main team that i want to stay up is sunderland because i think they are a good side just messed up be di caneo at the start of the campaign, if they didnt have him then i dont think they would be in trouble.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I want Cardiff to secure safety because I want to continue watching their GK, David Marshall. Easily Cardiff's best player and probably the best GK in the PL. Whenever I've watched him play he has been absolutely immense. It's not his fault where Cardiff are placed on the table currently, it's due to poor defending from his teammates and the fluky goals conceded against him. I'd love him at Arsenal.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@gunnerafc I think if Cardiff goes down, Marshall is going to get a few phonecalls from first divisions teams. Like you said, this guy has been amazing.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I have enjoyed Sunderland play in the last few years so they should stay up. Also Cardiff have a lot of potential. Marshall has been brilliant and I love the way that the young Mats Daehli plays. Given time, they will do well in the perm. I don't necessarily hate much teams but the teams that should go are West Ham West Brom and Fulham. This is quite unlikely but the've stayed around in the league for a while with no major improvement. Its just like replacing veterans with talented youngsters. Crystal Palace Hull and Cardiff deserve time.

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I hope Norwich make the cut. I've always kinda liked them, and they have great, courteous supporters.
Plus they always seem to be involved in upsets over a Top 4 team at least once or twice a season.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

also hoping for getafe going down.. a 30 year old club with almost no real fans that only lives on thanks to the facts that they get to take in talents from real and make them players, horrible attendance they have too

Dephased 10 years ago
Arsenal, United States 12 501

This season has been really tough to take in terms of the teams looking to go down. Sunderland and Fulham are two teams that i just have a secret love for due to the fact that all of their managers are great characters. Used to hate Sunderland when O'neill was there but Di Canio made them my second favourite team and Poyet is a man i like a lot. Being part norwegian i just cant take the fact that Cardiff go down as it would be so horrible for norwegian football and the national team wont be as experienced at the top level. I hope two of the three stay up and West Brom and Norwich get relegated. Either way i will disappointed no matter what as at least one of them will go down.

Boixosnois1981 10 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

Wanna see Getafe fuck off aswell... waste of space in the primera, never do anything, never fill their stadium. Really Don't want Betis to go.. La liga isn't right without them :/

plus from a neutral perspective... one year without a sevillan derby? noo....

expertfootball11 10 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Sochaux in the French league, if you watch them, they got quality players, good support and great football.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

I want Sassuolo to stay up. I've supported them since 3 years ago. One year they missed on promotion by the playoffs, second they won the league and now they're fighting to stay up. This team was promoted to Serie C1 back in 2006 and look, here they are in SerieA! They have a low amount of resources and have done wonders with so little. They are the club that Allegri promoted from serie C1 to serie B before he moved to Cagliari