{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Serbia-Albania
Diamant06 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

Seven things you need to know about the Serbia-Albania match violence in
Belgrade

Much of the international media coverage of the violence in the Partizan Belgrade stadium has focused on the stunt of a drone flying an Albanian banner, the ensuing brawl and pitch invasion by angry Serb fans. There were additional elements to the violence that are either not being reported by international media or being under-reported. Here are some of them:

1. Albanian fans were not allowed to attend the match. Serb authorities said they would arrest anyone who showed any symbol of the visiting team in the stadium — restrictions that are almost unheard of in international football. A few Albanian supporters were able to get in, but the crowd was more than 99 percent Serb.

2. The Serb crowd chanted, “Ubij, Ubij Siptar” – “Kill, Kill the Albanians,” throughout the 40 minutes the game was played. They used the Milosevic-era derogatory term for Albanian, which is akin to the n-word in North America.

3. The stadium was filled with Serb nationalistic political banners, like “Kosovo is Serbia” and other slogans relating to Bosnia and Croatia. The Serb fans loudly booed the Albanian national anthem.

4. Hard objects and fireworks were thrown on Albanian players well before the drone started flying. The few Albanian journalists who had dared to go to Belgrade also reported that they were pelted with hard objects throughout the first half.

5. Ivan Bogdanovic, the Serb hooligan who led the 2010 Italy match riot, was seen invading the pitch. He served jail time in Serbia after the Italy incident, in which he burned an Albanian flag. That game had to be abandoned as well. Yesterday he led a group of masked supporters into the pitch before being kicked out by police.

6. More than half of Albania’s national team has roots in Kosovo, which split from Serbia in the late 90s in a violent conflict in which about 10,000 ethnic Albanians were killed or went missing and more than 800,000 were displaced. In addition, more than 2,000 ethnic Serbs were also killed or went missing in the war, which ended through a NATO intervention 15 years go. The alliance’s flag was also burned in Belgrade last night. (Albania has been a NATO member since 2009. Serbia is officially EU-minded, but also Russia-friendly.)

7. Despite the harsh political atmosphere in the stadium, the Albanian national team went to play football, and it managed to overcome a shaky first few minutes, moving to gain the upper hand in the field when the interruption happened.
    I don't know if anyone care about Serbia-Albania game,but i just share this.We all know Serbia fans,they killed a France fan some years ago,and always,always Serbia's fans use racism words.Uefa will decide for this match in 23.10.2014.I think they will decide for Serbia and maybe a 3-0 win for them,hahaha.We don't expect a good decision from Uefa,Uefa supported always Serbia.Albanian players was attacked from Serbia fans,from Serbia insurance,They used racism words etc.Serbians like always... they should learn how to be civilized!Peace
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Belgrade

Much of the international media coverage of the violence in the Partizan Belgrade stadium has focused on the stunt of a drone flying an Albanian banner, the ensuing brawl and pitch invasion by angry Serb fans. There were additional elements to the violence that are either not being reported by international media or being under-reported. Here are some of them:

1. Albanian fans were not allowed to attend the match. Serb authorities said they would arrest anyone who showed any symbol of the visiting team in the stadium — restrictions that are almost unheard of in international football. A few Albanian supporters were able to get in, but the crowd was more than 99 percent Serb.

2. The Serb crowd chanted, “Ubij, Ubij Siptar” – “Kill, Kill the Albanians,” throughout the 40 minutes the game was played. They used the Milosevic-era derogatory term for Albanian, which is akin to the n-word in North America.

3. The stadium was filled with Serb nationalistic political banners, like “Kosovo is Serbia” and other slogans relating to Bosnia and Croatia. The Serb fans loudly booed the Albanian national anthem.

4. Hard objects and fireworks were thrown on Albanian players well before the drone started flying. The few Albanian journalists who had dared to go to Belgrade also reported that they were pelted with hard objects throughout the first half.

5. Ivan Bogdanovic, the Serb hooligan who led the 2010 Italy match riot, was seen invading the pitch. He served jail time in Serbia after the Italy incident, in which he burned an Albanian flag. That game had to be abandoned as well. Yesterday he led a group of masked supporters into the pitch before being kicked out by police.

6. More than half of Albania’s national team has roots in Kosovo, which split from Serbia in the late 90s in a violent conflict in which about 10,000 ethnic Albanians were killed or went missing and more than 800,000 were displaced. In addition, more than 2,000 ethnic Serbs were also killed or went missing in the war, which ended through a NATO intervention 15 years go. The alliance’s flag was also burned in Belgrade last night. (Albania has been a NATO member since 2009. Serbia is officially EU-minded, but also Russia-friendly.)

7. Despite the harsh political atmosphere in the stadium, the Albanian national team went to play football, and it managed to overcome a shaky first few minutes, moving to gain the upper hand in the field when the interruption happened.
    I don't know if anyone care about Serbia-Albania game,but i just share this.We all know Serbia fans,they killed a France fan some years ago,and always,always Serbia's fans use racism words.Uefa will decide for this match in 23.10.2014.I think they will decide for Serbia and maybe a 3-0 win for them,hahaha.We don't expect a good decision from Uefa,Uefa supported always Serbia.Albania players was attacked from Serbia fans,from Serbia insurance,They used racism words etc.Peace!

Belgrade

I don't know if anyone care about Serbia-Albania game,but i just share this.We all know Serbia fans,they killed a France fan some years ago,and always,always Serbia's fans use racism words.Uefa will decide for this match in 23.10.2014.I think they will decide for Serbia and maybe a 3-0 win for them,hahaha.We don't expect a good decision from Uefa,Uefa supported always Serbia.Albanian players was attacked from Serbia fans,from Serbia insurance,They used racism words etc.Peace!
Comments
Argjent 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

It's all true.I was worried for our players,Many Serbian fans enters in the field and attacked Albanian players.This is Football. But Serbs don't know what is football.

***Edited by mod

Diamant06 10 years ago
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

yeah true.We have to wait now for the Uefa what they going to decide for this match.If we see Uefa rules,this match should be with official result 3-0 for Albania.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

This games shouldn't being played with fans on stadium.We saw what happened here.I don't know,Albanian players being bad too but Serbian fans attacked them.I think it should be 3-0 for Albania,but I'm not sure of situation here.

Diamant06 10 years ago
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

@CroatiaFan123 Yeah,you're right!

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

The Albanians were the ones who started all the trouble with their flag flying around in a stadium full of Serbians.

Argjent 10 years ago Edited

@Iraqi_Madridista okay,our flag was flying around in a stadium.But before that in a V.I.P side were something like 40-50 Albanians,some of them reporters,photograpers,and politicans They was attacked from Serbs with stones etc.Too in the field some of Albanian players was attacked with stones,fireworks etc.And believe me before the game was around 100 more problems that Serbs does against Albanians.But let's wait for Uefa's decision.

• History

@Iraqi_Madridista okay,our flag was flying around in a stadium.But before that in a V.I.P side were something like 40-50 Albanians,some of them reporters,photograpers,and politicans They was attacked from Serbians with stones etc.Too in the field some of Albanian players was attacked with stones,fireworks etc.And believe me before the game was around 100 more problems that Serbians does against Albanians.

@Iraqi_Madridista okay,our flag was flying around in a stadium.But before that in a V.I.P side were something like 40-50 Albanians,some of them reporters,photograpers,and politicans They was attacked from Serbians with stones etc.Too in the field some of Albanian players was attacked with stones,fireworks etc.And believe me before the game was around 100 more problems that Serbians does against Albanians.But let's wait for Uefa's decision.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Please be kind when you are discussing and we can keep this thread open. If anything goes out of control; this thread will be closed or maybe removed. This is a sensitive topic.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

And,Ivan Bogdanovic (lol,Ivan is my name too) is especially dangerous hooligan.And burning NATO's flag wasn't needed.Only one player that I respected in that game was Kolarov.Give much Respect to him.When Albanian players tried to go out,even there were some hooligans,Kolarov tried to protect them.Massive Respect to him!

JuanMata10 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

One thing I don't understand is why the Albanian players attacked the Serbian player Mitrovic when he tried to take down the flag. He just wanted to continue playing football when suddenly some Albanian players rushed to him. Can anyone explain?

• History

One thing I don't understand is why the Albanian players attacked the Serbian player Mitrovic when he tried to take down the flag. He just wanted to continue playing football when suddenly some Albanian players rushed to him.

manchesterutI 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, England 23 388

This was one of the games I was watching because I knew about the history about these two countries.
@Iraqi From what I've read, Albanian fans were not allowed to fly in Belgrad. The drone came from outside the stadium, so we dont know who exactly flew the drone. We don't know whether the hooligans send it, just to start chaos and find a reason to attack.
As Diamant mentioned, the stadium was chanting "Kill, Kill Albanians" for 40min, and lets be honest here, that's not normal. Also, not only the fans attacked the players, but I saw a policeman his the Albanian captain. Here is 2 of the pics:

I believe that this game shouldnt have been played in Belgrade and not with fans.I'd say the game ends in 0-3 and the return game happens in a neutral field w/o fans. Sounds the most fair end of this story.

Also, lets not forget the England U21 incident and the Italy in 2010 where Ivan was arrested the first time.

• History

This was one of the games I was watching because I knew about the history about these two countries.
@Iraqi From what I've read, Albanian fans were not allowed to fly in Belgrad. The drone came from outside the stadium, so we dont know who exactly flew the drone. We don't know whether the hooligans send it, just to start chaos and find a reason to attack.
As Diamant mentioned, the stadium was chanting "Kill, Kill Albanians" for 40min, and lets be honest here, that's not normal. Also, not only the fans attacked the players, but I saw a policeman his the Albanian captain. Here is 2 of the pics:

I believe that this game shouldnt have been played in Belgrade and not with fans.I'd say the game ends in 0-3 and the return game happens in a neutral field w/o fans. Sounds the most fair end of this story.

Argjent 10 years ago Edited

Look Serbia vs Albania or Kosovo will never be just a game.I know that football or other sport should not interfere with politics.but it's really impossible.and @JuanMata10 look i don't know about other country's but Albanians consider their flag sacred.If the problems began when the flag was flying okay,but before the game,inside the game,before the flag were something like 100 other problems.If any national team will come to play in Kosovo or Albania never,never we don't attack no one.Albania players were attacked in game with stones etc from Serbia fans.They use racism words since the match began like ''Kill Albanians'' etc.Imagine our players was attacked also from some policemen,and from some Serbia players too.In dressing room too,some Serbia players attacked Albanians etc.For me only Ivanovic,and Kolarov deserved respect.

• History

Look Serbia vs Albania or Kosovo will never be just a game.I know that football or other sport should not interfere with politics.but it's really impossible.and @JuanMata look i don't know about other country's but Albanians consider their flag sacred.If the problems began when the flag was flying okay,but before the game,inside the game,before the flag were something like 100 other problems.If any national team will come to play in Kosovo or Albania never,never we don't attack no one.Albania players was attacked in game with stones etc from Serbian fans.Serbian fans use racism words since the match began like ''Kill Albanians'' etc.Imagine our players was attacked also from Serbia's police,and from some Serbia players too.

Look Serbia vs Albania or Kosovo will never be just a game.I know that football or other sport should not interfere with politics.but it's really impossible.and @JuanMata look i don't know about other country's but Albanians consider their flag sacred.If the problems began when the flag was flying okay,but before the game,inside the game,before the flag were something like 100 other problems.If any national team will come to play in Kosovo or Albania never,never we don't attack no one.Albania players was attacked in game with stones etc from Serbian fans.Serbian fans use racism words since the match began like ''Kill Albanians'' etc.Imagine our players was attacked also from Serbia's police,and from some Serbia players too.In dressing room too,some Serbia players attacked Albanians etc.For me only Ivanovic,and Kolarov deserved respect.

Look Serbia vs Albania or Kosovo will never be just a game.I know that football or other sport should not interfere with politics.but it's really impossible.and @JuanMata look i don't know about other country's but Albanians consider their flag sacred.If the problems began when the flag was flying okay,but before the game,inside the game,before the flag were something like 100 other problems.If any national team will come to play in Kosovo or Albania never,never we don't attack no one.Albania players were attacked in game with stones etc from Serbian fans.They use racism words since the match began like ''Kill Albanians'' etc.Imagine our players was attacked also from some policemen,and from some Serbia players too.In dressing room too,some Serbia players attacked Albanians etc.For me only Ivanovic,and Kolarov deserved respect.

Look Serbia vs Albania or Kosovo will never be just a game.I know that football or other sport should not interfere with politics.but it's really impossible.and @JuanMata look i don't know about other country's but Albanians consider their flag sacred.If the problems began when the flag was flying okay,but before the game,inside the game,before the flag were something like 100 other problems.If any national team will come to play in Kosovo or Albania never,never we don't attack no one.Albania players were attacked in game with stones etc from Serbia fans.They use racism words since the match began like ''Kill Albanians'' etc.Imagine our players was attacked also from some policemen,and from some Serbia players too.In dressing room too,some Serbia players attacked Albanians etc.For me only Ivanovic,and Kolarov deserved respect.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Everyone in UEFA knew this would happen, but they just don't care.

Diamant06 10 years ago
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

@quikzyyy sure,Uefa really don't care about nothing.Now we will see the decision about this game from UEFA,i really don't expect something real.

mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Fuuck this thread . UEFA shouldn't allow this match in draw . Just like Turkey-Armenia, Spain- Girblartar etc ... Albaninans START provoking with that flag of "big" Albania and it's disturbing with that WAR ideas. Serbs should not invade the pitch of course,but why Albanian players jump on Mitrovic to take that funny flag ? I never support violence just my opinion is different of yours. I feel sorry for many Albanian players too.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Manchesterut

The policeman hit the Albanian captain because he was brutally attacking a Serbian civilian. He has every right to get the Albanian captain, who was doing a very piss poor job of representing his nation, off the civilian. Yes, the civilian hit who I thought to be Xhaka at first with a chair, but the Albanian captain has no right to tackle him to the ground and continue to brutally punch him in the head several times.

manchesterutI 10 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

@Dynastian98 So if you were in his situation, in a hostile field, you would just watch? The policeman is supposed to keep order and not create more blood between the two sides. No19 is Balaj btw, I just checked it XD. Plus, how much do you know how much these two sides hate each other or the situation between the countries in the Balkans? Personally, I think he was awesome. He stood up for his compatriot and teammate.
@Mladen I agree that they should let these two teams play each other but to say that they started it? Booing at the national anthem, chanting "Kill, Kill Albanians", and throw projectiles at the players while they're taking a corner kick is not provocation? Ohh and Kosovo is Serbia, knowing fully that the other team had 7/23 Kosovo born players on their team? Yeah Albanians TOTALLY STARTED it. But wait, they did 1 thing and hell goes loose. That makes complete sense.

Mainzfeldski 10 years ago Edited
1 461

I really laughed when I saw the "drone" incident. The Albanians sure are an innovative bunch.

Anyway, I'm really interested in seeing how UEFA will treat this game. Personally, both Albania and Serbia should be punished. Serbia for the racist language during the game (and the reaction to the drone) and Albania for provoking the Serbs with the "drone." I would be surprised if one side receives an automatic 3-0 victory.

The game should've been played behind closed doors.

• History

I really laughed when I saw the "drone" incident. The Albanians sure are an innovative bunch.

Anyway, I'm really interested in seeing how UEFA will treat this game. Personally, both Albania and Serbia should be punished. Serbia for the racist language during the game (and the reaction to the drone) and Albania for provoking the Serbs with the "drone." I would be surprised if one side receives an automatic 3-0 victory.

The game should've been played behind close doors.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Wow i though this was a prediction thread, i just saw all of this, No comment.

Edit : I just saw the highlight section video, Xhaka acted like a retard.

• History

Edit : I just saw the highlight section video, Xhaka acted like a retard.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

BOth should just be banned... there are no real victim here. It's history, political and anything other than football related. Complicated and just can't simply be solved. Avoid as much conflict as possible... just ban them or never let them face each other on their own stadiums