Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Serie A the most boring league in Europe? Think again.
Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Italy is a land of Football, one of the best places for progression, plus the weather is okay and the life style is very good, that means that Calcio will be a top destination for players again if Milan Giants wake up.
I really enjoyed some games there like Lazio - Napoli, Roma - Juve but i find Serie A the hardest league to bet on, Napoli loss to Empoli home ( with 4 goals ) is a perfect example...
Outside of Juve, the league is completely unpredictible, PL followers call it excitement but i also want to point the inconsistence of the top teams Juve aside, great league overall going in the right direction lately.

One of the best quality Football in Europe seen there, Napoli was a joy to watch at times, Torino doing some strong games, beatiful Football overall.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Calcio and Italy is a land of Football, one of the best places for progression, plus the weather is okay and the life style is very good, that means that Calcio will be a top destination for players again if Milan Giants wake up.
I really enjoyed some games there like Lazio - Napoli, Roma - Juve but i find Serie A the hardest league to bet on, Napoli loss to Empoli home ( with 4 goals ) is a perfect example...
Outside of Juve, the league is completely impredictible, PL followers call it excitement but i also want to point the inconsistence of the top teams Juve aside, great league overall going in the right direction lately.

One of the best quality Football in Europe seen there, Napoli was a joy to watch at times, Torino doing some strong games, beatiful Football overall, the only thing bad to notice is the inconsistence of players and i suspect some fixing there, in Seria B its more obvious.

Italy is a land of Football, one of the best places for progression, plus the weather is okay and the life style is very good, that means that Calcio will be a top destination for players again if Milan Giants wake up.
Outside of Juve, the league is completely impredictible, PL followers call it excitement but i also want to point the inconsistence of the top teams Juve aside, great league overall going in the right direction lately.

One of the best quality Football in Europe seen there, Napoli was a joy to watch at times, Torino doing some strong games, beatiful Football overall.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree, Serie A is extremely unpredictable.

TrapTrapInTheBando 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 1 116

Still boring league. Hasn't seen a different winner for 4 years now... No real competition to juventus.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ I think you confused the definitions of predictable and entertaining. Entertainment has to do with the style of football on display. Predictability has to do with the table positions. Juve are the predicted champions every year, but all the other positions are extremely varied annually.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

Still boring . Bundesliga is much more competitive that is why we have less goals. Stats don't mean anything .

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Wow, didn't see that coming.
Serie A used to be one of the most interesting leauge to watch, tricky a lot of turning points, tactically great and unpredictable, they can score like crazy too... game in game out. They still have that element somehow.

But one of the big problem is: natural fans who are not in Italy only see a few bigger clubs and those are choking and quite inconsistent. Then, the stadium, the atmostphere look really sad...

I really hope Serie A can be back to there best soon

expertfootball11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Goals doesn't mean much. All depends on the number of fans and audiances.
Not saying that Serie A is boring, but people pay less attention to it. Most of the world is sticked to the EPL and Liga, and this is not ready to change. Also, many starts have left the club (ex. Del Piero) and many others. Many clubs have lost their mighty image. Unfortunately, Inter and AC Milan or even Roma are no match for Juventus anymore. This is a one horse race, and it has been like that for 3-4 years.

TrapTrapInTheBando 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 1 116

I would rather see serie A having 2-3 major competitions every year for 1st spot rather than seeing over 1000 goals being banged in. Football is watched mainly for its rivalry and competition between teams. It is good to see serie A produce 1000 goals in a season but let's be honest most of the teams are mediocre in serie a if you look at the bottom 10 that's probably the reason why there's loads of goals in serie a because of the weak defences

• History

I would rather see serie A having 2-3 major competitions every year for 1st spot rather than seeing over 1000 goals being banged in. Football is watches mainly for its rivalry and competition between teams. It is good to see serie A produce 1000 goals in a season but let's be honest most of the teams are mediocre in serie a if you look at the bottom 10 that's probably the reason why there's loads of goals in serie a because of the weak defences

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Sorry to be boring and probably naive, but Luca Toni being the top scorer tells you everything about the level of current Serie A.

On the other hand you were talking about being "entertaining", that's bit different tbf, but the level of the league being low effects on being entertaining league [for me personally - (lower the level, less entertaining)]. But I dunno, haven't watched the league for 3 years because I felt it's boring.

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

basically juve make amazing combination in recent years and great Milan clubs having poor combination and management so juve is too strong to win league maybe next two years more. Serie A isn't boring but lack of competition to scudetto make it little boring and in many games fans didn't come to cheer their teams but still Italy is hub of football and we want old Italian competition in ucl and scudetto again

bluezz 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea 14 724

@decentk your first line is the most stupid thing i ever read lol... what if harry kane was epl's top scorer?(he wasn't far away) what would you make of that?

• History

@decentk your first line is the most stupidest thing i ever read lol... what if harry kane was epl's top scorer?(he wasn't far away) what would you make of that?

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Serie A was one of the most interesting leagues I agree, but since that fixing scandal, can we still believe the results in that league?

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

it's funny because in the 1st half of the 2014/15 season EPL and BuLi fans were taking the number of scored goals as measure to quantify the entertainment a league can offer. that summed to the competitiveness between the clubs.

now goals don't matter anymore, just competition does. wait, if there is less goals, then there is more competition! /sarcasm

in the past 4 years there was no competition for Juve, that's true, even tho' Roma gave them some troubles in the 1st half of this last season. but if you looked past Juve, then you could see some crazy competition between the rest of the clubs. Lazio having a bad start, Roma fighting vs Juve, and yet at the end of the season you see Lazio battling Roma for the 2nd spot, and Napoli (predicted 2nd/3rd) falling in 5th spot behind Fiorentina. right after Fiorentina you find Genoa and Samp (derby) fighting for the EL spot. it's almost poetic. Parma, last in the league, failed at club level, with players not being paid: wins vs Juventus 1-0. it was Sparta. like Tiki said, Empoli 6th from the bottom scores 4 past Napoli.
i'd call all that something "very entertaining". wouldn't you?

@Rampage
BuLi got less goals, that means that beside your defending football being a joke, also your attacking football is almost a joke (Bayern aside). Napoli-Wolfsburg speaks for it, and Napoli weren't exactly one of the Serie A solidest teams this year, especially when it comes to defensive balance. and hell, even Inter gave troubles to Wolfsburg...

@TrapTrapIntheBando
teams in Serie A are so mediocre that we got CL finalist and 2 EL semifinalists. (Fiorentina eliminated Tottenham, btw)
but in general i love when you troll on England's U21 matches. it's almost brilliant.

@Quickzyyy
mate, corruption and fixing are everywere. it's just that we Italians are dumber than the rest so we expose things even if it goes against our business.

oh and btw, Toni is just a beast. he always was, he still is. Luca Toni (Hellas Verona) being top scorer above Tevez should really tell you something.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The reason why Bundesliga has less goal is mainly because they have only 18 teams in top flight ( 34 weeks ) while others have 20.
Having said that, i think that Chelsea and Juve are good thing to their respective leagues, they are lokomotive teams and set the objective to reach for other clubs...

As Shpalman said, Fiorentina vs Totenham, Torino vs Bilba, Napoli vs Wolfsburg is a perfect example of what Italian teams are able to do in a good day ecen if those teams suffer from inconsitence at times.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@decentK: that's pretty wrong thinking... Serie A is like that, like 13 years ago or something, some old 36 years old player form Cagliari or something, I cant remember, was a top scorer and was called to the national team... Back then, Italian was always among the top flight.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

If juventus can beat real madrid and napoli can thrash wolfsburg and italian teams go much farther in eoropean competitions than english teams than serie a can't be boring. Also inter and ac milan have dropped and other teams like napoli and fiorentina and lazio have improved.

Serie a is much more exciting than bundesliga

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Yep I know that was wrong thinking, but still a guy who's been past it for 5 years being top scorer is just . . .

Anyways, bluezz, I think it's kinda whole different when we're talking about a guy who was born in -93, having massive season, than a guy who's alrdy 38 and past it being the top scorer. Dunno, it might happen to older guys too.

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Anyone who thinks that does't actually watch Serie A.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Yes, Serie A is not boring. Maybe the toughness and the difficulty level on the games make people think that way.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

can't wait too see this current season development, looking epic so far. tonight's match (Napoli-Juve) had crazy levels of agonism.