Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spanish football sweeps into history books :
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

WITH 5 TEAMS IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE.

Spain will have five teams competing in this year's Champions League for the first time in the competition's history.La Liga's dominance over the rest and the Spanish teams' results in European competition have created a situation only seen once before, but which ultimately never materialised.

England had the potential to have five representatives in the 2005/06 campaign after Liverpool won the Champions League but were not placed among the top four in the Premiership. Everton, however, failed to qualify in the end.

Valencia have got through the qualifying play-offs, sealing this first for the Spanish league. Nuno's men head into the group stage alongside compatriot clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético and Sevilla, the latter coming in as Europa League champions.

From Marca.

Looking forward to CL draw, this will be interesting...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

WITH 5 TEAMS IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE.

Spain will have five teams competing in this year's Champions League for the first time in the competition's history.

La Liga's dominance over the rest and the Spanish teams' results in European competition have created a situation only seen once before, but which ultimately never materialised.

England had the potential to have five representatives in the 2005/06 campaign after Liverpool won the Champions League but were not placed among the top four in the Premiership. Everton, however, failed to qualify in the end.

Valencia have got through the qualifying play-offs, sealing this first for the Spanish league. Nuno's men head into the group stage alongside compatriot clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético and Sevilla, the latter coming in as Europa League champions.

Looking forward to CL draw, this will be interesting...

Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago

Oh the CL draw is tomorrow, it will be held in Monaco. Considering Barça actual injuries and form, i would like to avoid some complicated teams to play, Juventus, Dortmund and Bayern. What teams would you rather not face ?

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Considering Real Madrid Form, I would like to avoid any team actually, is there a pot where they select one team to automatically qualif to the finals, cause heck I cant bear to watch any more humiliation lol

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Madrid is still in better shape than most of Europeen teams, the competition starts in February so group stage is just the moment to adjust the team.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

are u sure spain will have 5 teams. it is deserved though.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Its official since Valencia qualification yesterday.

liomessi10 9 years ago

^it is quite and achievement to beat AS Monaco.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I wouldn't like to face:

• Atletico: Generally difficult to play against
  • Roma: A lot of incredibly fast players that might give Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic a lot of problems
  • Wolfsburg: People will go crazy if De Bruyne (if he stays there) scores against us and say annoying things like "shouldn't have sold him bla bla"
  • Real: Would rather like to meet them in a latter stage of the tournament

Other than that, I don't mind.

• History

I wouldn't like to face:

• Atletico: Generall difficult to play against
  • Roma: A lot of incredibly fast players that might give Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic a lot of problems
  • Wolfsburg: People will go crazy if De Bruyne scores against us and say annoying things like "shouldn't have sold him bla bla"

I wouldn't like to face:

• Atletico: Generally difficult to play against
  • Wolfsburg: People will go crazy if De Bruyne scores against us and say annoying things like "shouldn't have sold him bla bla"

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Juan: No Barca???? lollz

tiki_taka 9 years ago

@Tuan Actually Chelsea meeting Barça would be a dream draw, i think both fans are waiting for it, Barça fans even more ;) because we love to see Mourinho facepalming :)

liomessi10 9 years ago

^i wanted it to happen last year. revenge for 2012 would be nice. and chelsea are interesting team to play

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tuan: I was actually talking about our possible opponents in the group stages, so I didn't include Barcelona. But like @tiki said, Chelsea - Barca would be something both Chelsea and Barcelona fans would look forward to.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Okay, too bad we wont meet in group stage, knowing that we will both qualify and it will only remain a prestigious two legged rivalry.
in 1/8 finals it will be more annoying though.
3 English teams in pot 2, oh well good luck not picking a serious pot 1 + Sevilla or Wolfsburg.

• History

Okay, too bad we wont meet in group stage, knowing that we will both qualify and it will only remain a prestigious two legged rivalry.
in 1/8 finals it will be more annoying though.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Juan: thanks. Agree with both of you.

Chelsea vs Barca would be thrilling to watch