Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Teams present top 4 leagues in CL
Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

We'll tote up the points like this: A draw is a 0 (zero), a win is a +1, and a loss is a -1.

Will keep this updated.

If anyone would like to see the result and how it was calculated, you can view the document by clicking the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6ygexxqbp7ao7b/Top%204%20in%20Europe.docx?dl=0

Or you can just copy/paste. This forum, it seems, does not allow hyperlinks. If you are asked to sign up or sign in, you can just close that window by clicking on the X. Wait a few seconds and it should give you a view of the document without having to download it.

**Last Updated: September 30, 2015

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about how and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

We'll tote up the points like this: A draw is a 0 (zero), a win is a +1, and a loss is a -1.

So far (Wednesday morning), the teams from the supposed best league on the planet has 2 losses from 2 games. City lost at home to Juve, and United lost against PSV in Holland.

La Liga on the other hand has had a clean sweep of wins with Real Madrid, Sevilla, and Athletico Madrid all recording wins on their opening fixtures.

Matchday 1:

(EPL)
Manchester City - Juventus: 1 - 2
PSV - Manchester United: 2 - 1
Dinomo Zagreb - Arsenal: TBD
Chelsea - Maccabbi Tel Aviv: TBD

(La Liga)
Seville - Borussia Mochlanfuckblach: 3 - 0
Galatasaray - Athletico Madrid: 0 - 2
Real Madrid - Shakhtar: 4 - 0
Roma - Barcelona: TBD
Valencia - Zenit: TBD

RESULTS

EPL: -2
La Liga: +3

Will keep this updated.

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

So far (Wednesday morning), the teams from the supposed best league on the planet has 2 losses from 2 games. City lost at home to Juve, and United lost against PSV in Holland.

La Liga on the other hand has had a clean sweep of wins with Real Madrid, Sevilla, and Athletico Madrid all recording wins on their opening fixtures.

Matchday 1:

(EPL)
Manchester City - Juventus: 1 - 2
PSV - Manchester United: 2 - 1
Dinomo Zagreb - Arsenal: TBD
Chelsea - Maccabbi Tel Aviv: TBD

(La Liga)
Seville - Borussia Mochlanfuckblach: 3 - 0
Galatasaray - Athletico Madrid: 0 - 2
Real Madrid - Shakhtar: 4 - 0
Roma - Barcelona: TBD
Valencia - Zenit: TBD

RESULTS

EPL: -2
La Liga: +3

Will keep this updated.

Will keep this updated.

If anyone would like to see the result and how it was calculated, you can view the document by clicking the link below:

Will keep this updated.

Or you can just copy/paste. This forum, it seems, does not allow hyperlinks. If you are asked to sign up or sign in, you can just close that window by clicking on the X. Wait a few seconds and it should give you a view of the document without having to download it.

Will keep this updated.

Comments
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think it would be great if we put a table contains 4 major leagues and their representative points. And simplify the summary data (matches results) so less work for whoever updating it.

But it's up to you if you have time to do that.

Amerr30 9 years ago

I'll start it. I'll post the results following tonights games.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

This point system may look like unfair, because of that EPL has 4 teams and LaLiga has 5.
tuan_jinn's suggestion more like it and sound good.

For Example for yesterdays games:
1.Real Madrid P:3 GS: 4 GC: 0 etc
2.Sevilla P:3 GS:3 GC:0

1. ManU P:0 GS:1 GC: 2
  • History

This point system may look like unfair, because of that EPL has 4 teams and LaLiga has 5.
tuan_jinn's suggestion more like it and sound good.

For Example for yesterdays games:
1.Real Madrid P:3 GS: 4 GC: 0 etc
2.Sevilla P:3 GS:3 GC:0

1. ManU P:0 GS:1 GC: 2

Emrecen, it doesn't matter though which team has more teams? Because, say La Liga's two teams wins, other three lose. They will still record for that week an overall score of -1. It's not like La Liga will get in front simply because of that.

Through this system, at least as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter the amount of teams a league has - the return will still be the overall average.

Now, if the loss counted as a 0 and win as a 1, yes. It would be unfair.

• History

Emrecen, it doesn't matter though which team has more teams? Because, say La Liga's two teams wins, other three lose. They will still record for that week an overall score of -1. It's not like La Liga will get in front simply because of that.

Through this system, at least as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter the amount of times a league has - the return will still be the overall average.

Through this system, at least as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter the amount of teams a league has - the return will still be the overall average.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Amerr: it might, if the all teams are playing against each other only within the 2/4 leagues then it's fair. But there are other leagues which are not in the calculation. And more likely they will win more than loose... then more teams indicate more points

Okay. So what do you suggest, a table from all the teams? That doesn't really translate into an overall representation from the league other than just show which are the best teams.

What if, we divide the end result (number, positive or negative) with the number of teams the league has representing?

So for instance, la liga's end result would be divided by 5. EPL by 4.

Would you consider that to be fair?

• History

Okay. So what do you suggest, a table from all the teams?

Okay. So what do you suggest, a table from all the teams? That doesn't really translate into an overall representation from the league other than just show which are the best teams.

What if, we divide the end result (number, positive or negative) with the number of teams the league has representatives?

What if, we divide the end result (number, positive or negative) with the number of teams the league has representatives?

Would you consider that to be fair?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

Yes!!!, coefficient factor would be better and more fair.

What i mean for summary is not really a huge details teams' table or anything. In the end, in this thread we only interested in the end result, and we trust you on your score inputs which is used to calculate.

Of course a bit of extra infor would be nice, but I would keep it minimum

Amerr30 9 years ago

OP has been updated with all the results. Surprisingly both Serie A and Bundesliga have a better score than La Liga, which I think is a bit skewed..

I honestly don't think we should divide the results by the number of teams the league represent. It is not likely all five teams of La Liga, or all four of either Bundes or EPL will have an easy time winning. Counting the loss as a negative one is sufficient enough to ensure that having extra teams does not necessarily translate into a higher result. In some cases, such as Valencia (who I think will lose many matches), the extra team could easily be a handicap.

But in any case, the result after Matchday 1 is listed.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

Nice work mate!

Amerr30 9 years ago

Tuan, could you update the title? I mean, if you can of course. Top 4 Leagues in European Competitions or something similar.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dortmund has a CL form, probably gonna win EL.

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

If you watch football because of "league X" your understanding of the beautiful game is wrong.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

Guys, take it easy... I think we all have the wrong impression of this thread. It's purely to collect facts regarding teams in top 4 leagues, and how they present each league.

Like it or not, the debate WILL ALWAYS BE there, I know it's tiresome and lame at time, but it will always happen. I would rather have fact like this other than opinions fighting.

May be next year will be the year of EPL and we will dominate on every department... just chill the season just started.

I myself, curious how number would turn out.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Props Amer, its looking good so far. When you divide by the amount of teams you only get an Average points per team. I don't know if thats what you need to be going after. I think you should still include it but we should dig around see if there is another method to calculate a number which would then represent the league.

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Amerr,
mate i can understand that you may be interested in discussing the Liga vs EPL argument with Lodatz, that's because you're new here so you are willing to delve into it with him. we older users had this argument so, so many times tho', and it caused so many endless fights. but no one is saying that you can't actually have a shot at it, you can, but just not in this thread. let's keep this thread related to how all the clubs fare in the current season. discuss cup matches etc.
about the other argument, you can open another thread dedicated to that if you like, and we'll monitor it hoping it won't turn into another battlefield :)

can't wait for tonight btw, i've got the feeling that Roma will pull a "Roma" vs Bate.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Which games are you guys going to watch? I'm leaning towards Barca/Bayer, but I may watch Arsenal.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

@sunsflash

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Another usual day at the office...It xould be interesting to do the ratings till the end, it would be amazing if the 5 Spanish teams win the game.

Amerr30 9 years ago

tiki: Yes, I'll be doing it until the end. I just don't want to do anything right now until tomorrow's games are played.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Amerr

Hey mate, you think you can add another box where you tally up all the points of the 4 leagues? I mean, if Barca and Madrid won, but the other three lost in a match day, you would add 6 points to La Liga because it would be 2-0-3. I think that's a good idea for representing totals at the end of the season.

Discussion Closed