Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The 15 best players in the world right now
Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Asides from CR7 and Leo, who obviously would dominate #1 and #2, here's who I believe to be the top 15 best players in the world right now asides from those two freaks of nature.

1. Luis Suarez

2. Franck Ribery

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4. Yaya Toure

5. Andres Iniesta

6. David Silva

7. Wayne Rooney

8. Philipp Lahm

9. Bastian Schweinsteiger

10. Thiago Silva

11. Andrea Pirlo

12. Gareth Bale

13. Robert Lewandowski

14. Arjen Robben

15. Arturo Vidal

Honorable goalkeeper mentions: Manuel Neuer; Petr Cech; Gianluigi Buffon
Honorable defender mentions: Sergio Ramos; Vincent Kompany; David Alaba; Marcelo Junior
Honorable midfielder mentions: Luka Modric; Angel di Maria; Toni Kroos; Koke Resurreccion; Marco Reus
Honorable forward mentions: Radamel Falcao; Edinson Cavani; Gonzalo Higuain; Sergio Aguero; Eden Hazard; Diego Costa

What do you guys think? Where and why would you change this list?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Asides from CR7 and Leo, who obviously would dominate #1 and #2, here's who I believe to be the top 15 best players in the world right now asides from those two freaks of nature.

1. Luis Suarez

2. Franck Ribery

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4. Yaya Toure

5. Andres Iniesta

6. David Silva

7. Wayne Rooney

8. Philipp Lahm

10. Thiago Silva

11. Andrea Pirlo

12. Gareth Bale

13. Robert Lewandowski

14. Arjen Robben

15. Arturo Vidal

Honorable defender mentions: Sergio Ramos; Vincent Kompany; David Alaba; Marcelo Junior
Honorable midfielder mentions: Luka Modric; Angel di Maria; Toni Kroos; Ilkay Gundogan
Honorable forward mentions: Radamel Falcao; Edinson Cavani; Gonzalo Higuain; Sergio Aguero; Eden Hazard; Robin van Persie

1. Luis Suarez

2. Franck Ribery

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4. Yaya Toure

5. Andres Iniesta

6. David Silva

7. Wayne Rooney

8. Philipp Lahm

10. Thiago Silva

11. Andrea Pirlo

12. Gareth Bale

13. Robert Lewandowski

14. Arjen Robben

15. Arturo Vidal

Honorable midfielder mentions: Luka Modric; Angel di Maria; Toni Kroos; Ilkay Gundogan; Marco Reus
Honorable forward mentions: Radamel Falcao; Edinson Cavani; Gonzalo Higuain; Sergio Aguero; Eden Hazard; Robin van Persie

1. Luis Suarez

2. Franck Ribery

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4. Yaya Toure

5. Andres Iniesta

6. David Silva

7. Wayne Rooney

8. Philipp Lahm

10. Thiago Silva

11. Andrea Pirlo

12. Gareth Bale

13. Robert Lewandowski

14. Arjen Robben

15. Arturo Vidal

Honorable midfielder mentions: Luka Modric; Angel di Maria; Toni Kroos; Koke Resurreccion; Marco Reus

Comments
SoccerBoss 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

I really think that Xavi should at least be in front of Bale.
Falcao is injured, would rather replace Sturridge with him.

• History

I really think that Xavi should at least be in front of Bale.
Falcao is injured, would actually replace Sturridge with him.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I would definitely put Modric in top 5 instead of honorable mentions, Modric has been the most important key player in RM plays, and I believe Alonso and especially Modric are the reason why Bale and Ronaldo have space to perform this season.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

Good suggestion! I didn't put Modric on the list because I was afraid that I would be bashed by many for being biased. :)

@SoccerBoss

Hmm, an interesting thought. The reason I left Xavi out is because he lacks the consistency he showed in past seasons. I feel that he tends to disappear in games frequently, and only shows up in certain matches. But yeah, I see what you mean. :)

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited

@Dynastian: I dont think anyone would bash you for being biased toward Modric, the guy has been MOTM game in game out (whoscored and goal). We had almost got him before he moved to RM :(

• History

@Dynastian: I dont think anyone would bash your for being biased toward Modric, the guy has been MOTM game in game out (whoscored and goal). I had almost got him before he moved to RM :(

@Dynastian: I dont think anyone would bash you for being biased toward Modric, the guy has been MOTM game in game out (whoscored and goal). I had almost got him before he moved to RM :(

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Is that list in order? If so, I would switch Robben's place with Ribery's. Everyone knows Robben's main schtick which is to continuously cut inside and release left footed rockets, right? So you would assume that opposing teams should have contingency plans setup specifically for Robben but he still manages to cause all sorts of problems by cutting in from the right and hammering away left footed shots. He's scored a ton of great goals just by doing this and in big games as well. Truly a world class player.

Rooney is too high on the list.

Heisinburg 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

If it weren't for Rooney, we would never have made it to where they are now (7th), he pretty much single-handedly carried us this whole season, therefore I disagree, he is definitely where he should be.

I would replace Lewandowski with Marco Reus, because I haven't been particularly impressed with Lewa's performance this season. Reus, on the other hand, improved immensely and has become Dortmund's most obvious reasons of being 2nd, despite how much they've dropped due to the departures of a few of their key players.

• History

If it weren't for Rooney, we would never have made it to where they are now (7th), he pretty much single-handedly carried us this whole season, therefore I disagree, he is definitely where he should be.

I would replace Lewandowski with Marco Reus, because I haven't been particularly impressed with Lewa's performance this season. Reus, on the other hand, improved immensely and has become Dortmund's biggest factor of coming 2nd.

johnnyface 10 years ago
Hartlepool, England 1 26

Messi? Ronaldo? DUUUHHH!!

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^

johnnyface 10 years ago
Hartlepool, England 1 26

I knew i'd get a bite.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

^ read the post

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Next year, Suarez will prove that he is of CR7 and Messi Material in the CL. I'll only make a top 10 list ( no messi or ronaldo)
1- Suarez
2- Ibra
3- Robben
4- Reus
5- Ribery
6- Iniesta
7- Lahm
8- Yaya
9- Lewa
10- Sturridge ( bashy time for me)

johnnyface 10 years ago
Hartlepool, England 1 26

I'm just saying that Messi and Ronaldo should be on the list. Thats all.

DrunkenMonkey 10 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

i think hazard is playing better than vidal and modric and reus deserve to make it into those top 15

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Hazard and Costa in Top 15 no doubt, Pirlo is a magicien but he is very old i think he should be more in Honorable mentions....
The rest of the list sounds good.

• History

Hazard and Costa in Top 15 no point about it, Pirlo is a magicien but he is very old i think he should be more in Honorable mentions....
The rest of the list sounds good.

DonAndres 10 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Dynastian
This list is about the best players right now?
So why Gundogan should even be in the honourable mentions?
I would put Koke instead.
Also i would like to see courtois and Costa somewhere in the list ;) .Pogba probably, and Gotze for sure

Lamps08 10 years ago
Chelsea, Poland 94 263

I WANT HAZZZZZAAAAAARDDDDD!!!!!

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DonAndres

Haven't seen you in a while. How's it been? :)

And yep, Koke over Gundogan sounds like a good idea. I'll actually go and edit that one now. :)

@GunnerAFC

Hmm, I've heard that before too, but I just believe that there is a reason why Ribery was one of the Ballon d'Or finalists, and Robben wasn't. Robben is a true world class player like you said, but I just believe that Ribery is better. :)

• History

@DonAndres

Haven't seen you in a while. How's it been? :)

And yep, Koke over Gundogan sounds like a good idea. :)

@GunnerAFC

Hmm, I've heard that before too, but I just believe that there is a reason why Ribery was one of the Ballon d'Or finalists, and Robben wasn't. Robben is a true world class player like you said, but I just believe that Ribery is better. :)

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Holy crap Johny would please just read the post

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

yeah DonAndres where have you been, mate? I agree with @Dyn, I like Robben very much, and I believe he deserves all the hypes, but I dont think he's better than Ribery.

Uhmn, and I think Hazard and Sturridge would make it to this list next year too

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Dynastian

i'd actually put Modric instead of Vidal. don't get me wrong, Vidal is great player but i'm not sure he can already be into the "world's" top 15. he lacks continuity.