Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Dirtiest Team In Premier League History Revealed
Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

enter image description here

There has been some dirty sides in the Premier League over the years, Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane suddenly spring to mind.

The Daily Mail have decided to sift through all the data and numbers to find out who the dirtiest teams in Premier League history. And no, Vinnie Jones' Wimbledon are NOT in the list. Surprising.

Check out the 20 dirtiest teams below.

The number beside each team represents their average disciplinary points per game.

Derby County: 2.21

Stoke City: 2.15

Sunderland: 2.13

Hull City: 2.09

Bolton Wanderers: 1.98

Wigan Athletic: 1.95

Blackburn Rovers: 1.93

Middlesbrough: 1.91

Wolverhampton Wanderers: 1.91

Birmingham City: 1.91

West Ham United: 1.88

Leeds United: 1.87

Chelsea: 1.84

Everton: 1.80

Arsenal: 1.73

Leicester City: 1.73

Manchester City: 1.73

Newcastle United: 1.73

Portsmouth: 1.73

West Bromwich Albion: 1.72

And here's the 10 cleanest.

Oldham Athletic: 0.98

Ipswich Town: 1.00

Swindon Town: 1.00

Sheffield Wednesday: 1.26

Norwich City: 1.35

Cardiff City: 1.39

Blackpool: 1.39

Liverpool: 1.43

Reading: 1.48

Wimbledon: 1.53

The fact that Wimbledon are the 10th cleanest side in history is quite hard to believe but the stats don't lie.

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Stoke definitely fighting for the first spot.

AlexBatak 8 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

How is United not in the list is beyond me.. and Liverpool in the cleanest list..

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Lol, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man City in the dirtiest but Liverpool is in the cleanest. Man Utd and Liverpool should be in the dirtiest and Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City should be in the cleanest.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not an expert on pre-2005 anything, but I'm quite certain City and Chelsea were pretty scrappy teams before the money rolled in.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

@Sunflash Same with me. I've never viewed City or Chelsea as being dirty either but I guess awhile back they were pretty dirty.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I definitively consider City to be dirty, but not in that sense.. And regarding the stats don't lie statement, I'm not sure that's true.. because it's referees/human beings that give out cards and whether you like it or not, some players and teams are unconsciously perceived in a certain way. I mean Oldham.. Just listen to that name.. I already unconsciously feel they're good boys, even before I saw this list!

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

hahaha who came up with this list , ooh wait Daily Mail

That is all I have to comment on this topic .

United_Hates_Blues 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 14 984

Alex, other than a few incidents United play clean. I agree with you on the Liverpool statement though, there's so much nasty tackles in the Derbies.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Alex, other than a few incidents United play clean. I agree with you on the Liverpool statement thought, there so much nasty tackles in the Derbies.

Alex, other than a few incidents United play clean. I agree with you on the Liverpool statement thought, there's so much nasty tackles in the Derbies.