Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Champions League Under -19 Semi Final Chelsea 4 Roma 0
Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Scorers : Charlie Colkett - 47 , Dominc Solanke - 49,56 ; Tammy Abraham - 83 .

Well at least our youth team was more ambitious in CL .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well at least our youth team was more ambitious in CL .

Comments
iamRDM 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

our U-18 are in FA youth cup final

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

our U-18 are in FA youth cup final

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I was actually more surprised that Shakhtar defeated Anderlecht in the second semi-final pairing as Anderlecht's academy is considered as one of the very best in the world. Anyways, it still pisses me off that we're basically the only top team in England that doesn't use/promote our youth players in/to our first team or at least gives them some minutes. United played McNair & Blackett, Liverpool Ibe & Sterling, Arsenal Bellerin, Coquelin & Akpom, Tottenham Kane, Bentaleb & Mason.. hell, even City used Pozo from time to time. We have so many talents in our academy, it's actually unreal, but next season is the time to finally give at least two or three of them regular minutes.

My prediction for the final:
3 Chelsea - Shakhtar 1

Chelsea FC 157 4232

3 - 0 in the final

Solanke 32' 58'
Brown 78'

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@juan

You know I am also very surprised to see Shakhtar in final and going past a team that has a very strong academy .

All patience about youth given time . Our starting squad is very strong, competition for starting place is very strong and even top player ( at least considered by many ) like Cuadrado can't force himself into it . We need more english talent and Mourinho loves english players , so he will find a way to integrate them into starting line up next season .

I think next season for sure there will be Loftus Cheek . That kid is huge and has great potential . I completely support Jose on the approach of not rushing them in otherwise it may actually kill of their development and confidence to succeed .

I really want to see Isaih Brown ( 18 ) , Solanke ( 17 ) or Patrick Bamford ( 21) as third or fourth striker when Didier leaves ( Hopefully Didier takes some role in the club and help youngsters to develop into top striker ) .

If Only Lukaku was more patient he would have been given all the chances he wants but this kid now says that Everton is too small for him . And his new agent is top class fat c*nt . He needs some daddy figure coach not money hungry advisors .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Hopefully bot Youth FA and Youth CL will be ours ! It is a great boost and prestige to Chelsea academy !

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Too bad none of these players will play as regulars for Chelsea's first team.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

They will and they did already . Standards are high and if they need to patiently work hard just like boy Zouma is pushing out Cahil slowly .

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Solanke, Loftus Cheek, Ake and some others have already made their full Chelsea debut.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I said as regulars. John Terry was the last youth player to really break into the Chelsea first team. Your youth system is just like our youth system. Good, but no one really breaks into the first team.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

I was just saying that they do have a chance, and Mou hasn't completely ignored them.

iamRDM 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

I was just saying that they do have a chance, and Mou hasn't completely ignored them.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Marcus: I don't expect them to come in and earn a starting place right away, but it would be nice to give them 5, 10, 15 minutes every other game or so. Like you, I don't want Mourinho to rush them either. Imagine that Loftus-Cheek gets subbed in and makes a mistake that costs us three points and then the title. I don't know how strong he is from a mental point of view, but for some players this scenario could be fatal. However, if we're 2-0 up (which we are not that often, recently), it would be nice to see him make an appearance, this is what I don't like about Mourinho.

Anyways, I also have really high hopes in Loftus-Cheek. Being 191 cm and weighing 85 kg at the age of 19 is immense. His physicality suggests otherwise, but he really is an agile player and moreover, has a fantastic technique, it's like he's predestinated for the Premier League. I sound like a fanboy there, but I really, really want him to make it as he's already at Chelsea since he's 8 years old. I hope he'll find a way to cope with the pressure and become a top-player.

As for the other players that you mentioned, I don't think that Izzy Brown and Solanke are ready yet, I'd give Brown another year in the U21 and Solanke probably two (then loan them out, respectively). But Bamford is ready to serve as a backup to Costa (or Remy) as he's already scored 16 or 17 goals in the Championship for Boro since he broke into the first team there.

Don't get me started about Lukaku and Raiola lol. Seems like two greedy and arrogant idiots have found each other.. :-)

• History

@Marcus: I don't expect them to come in and earn a starting place right away, but it would be nice to give them 5, 10, 15 minutes every other game or so. Like you, I don't want Mourinho to rush them either. Imagine that Loftus-Cheek gets subbed in and makes a mistake that costs us three points and then the title. I don't know how strong he is from a mental point of view, but for some players this scenario could be fatal. However, if we're 2-0 up (which we are not that often, recently), it would be nice to see him make an appearance, this is what I don't like about Mourinho.

Anyways, I also have really high hopes in Loftus-Cheek. Being 191 cm and weighing 85 kg at the age of 19 is immense. This data suggests otherwise, but he really is an agile player and moreover, has a fantastic technique, it's like he's predestinated for the Premier League. I sound like a fanboy there, but I really, really want him to make it as he's already at Chelsea since he's 8 years old. I hope he'll find a way to cope with the pressure and become a top-player.

As for the other players that you mentioned, I don't think that Izzy Brown and Solanke are ready yet, I'd give Brown another year in the U21 and Solanke probably two. But Bamford is ready to serve as a backup to Costa (or Remy) as he's already scored 16 or 17 goals in the Championship for Boro since he broke into the first team there.

Don't get me started about Lukaku and Raiola lol. Seems like two greedy and arrogant idiots have found each other.. :-)

Anyways, I also have really high hopes in Loftus-Cheek. Being 191 cm and weighing 85 kg at the age of 19 is immense. This data suggests otherwise, but he really is an agile player and moreover, has a fantastic technique, it's like he's predestinated for the Premier League. I sound like a fanboy there, but I really, really want him to make it as he's already at Chelsea since he's 8 years old. I hope he'll find a way to cope with the pressure and become a top-player.

As for the other players that you mentioned, I don't think that Izzy Brown and Solanke are ready yet, I'd give Brown another year in the U21 and Solanke probably two (then loan them out, respectively). But Bamford is ready to serve as a backup to Costa (or Remy) as he's already scored 16 or 17 goals in the Championship for Boro since he broke into the first team there.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Juan : In regard to your first paragraph that's exactly what happened to Josh McEachran. We played him in the CL at the age of 17, some things didn't go his way and now he's 22 making no progress on loan at Vitesse. Loftus-Cheek's physicality and skill gives him more of a chance in the PL compared to Brown or Solanke who are arguably more talented. We need to start giving him 10 mins or so each game when we can. Let him take some corners, let him keep hold of the ball, and let him go on some runs like the one below. Confidence is everything when developing, if Mou keeps faith in him then he'll be big one day.

"Don't get me started about Lukaku and Raiola lol. Seems like two greedy and arrogant idiots have found each other.. :-)" -lol

• History

@Juan : In regard to your first paragraph that's exactly what happened to Josh McEachran. We played him in the CL at the age of 17, some things didn't go his way and now he's 22 making no progress on loan at Vitesse. Loftus-Cheek's physicality and skill gives him more of a chance in the PL compared to Brown or Solanke who are arguably talented. We need to start giving him 10 mins or so each game when we can. Let him take some corners, let him keep hold of the ball, and let him go on some runs like the one below. Confidence is everything when developing, if Mou keeps faith in him then he'll be big one day.
"Don't get me started about Lukaku and Raiola lol. Seems like two greedy and arrogant idiots have found each other.. :-)" -lol

@Juan : In regard to your first paragraph that's exactly what happened to Josh McEachran. We played him in the CL at the age of 17, some things didn't go his way and now he's 22 making no progress on loan at Vitesse. Loftus-Cheek's physicality and skill gives him more of a chance in the PL compared to Brown or Solanke who are arguably talented. We need to start giving him 10 mins or so each game when we can. Let him take some corners, let him keep hold of the ball, and let him go on some runs like the one below. Confidence is everything when developing, if Mou keeps faith in him then he'll be big one day.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Eden: McEachran's case is different to Loftus-Cheeks. Ancelotti promoted him and like you said, played him quite often, he was starting to become a regular, but all of a sudden Ancelotti was sacked and AVB came in. Obviously, a young manager that hasn't proved anything yet, can't just walk into a top club and let the youngsters play. That's why he played the established players and McEachran went back to play for our youth teams, which was a step back. AVB was on the brink of getting sacked from the first day he came in, then the dressing room was turning against him. It was only a matter of time and he'd be foolish to start playing youngsters then. Maybe, if McEachran was 17 at this moment in time and had a manager like Chelsea do now, he'd be able to make it. What I'm trying to say is that their cases are totally different, you have to keep all the circumstances in mind, because every player has a different story.

• History

@Eden: McEachran's case is different to Loftus-Cheeks. Ancelotti promoted him and like you said, played him quite often, he was starting to become a regular, but all of a sudden Ancelotti was sacked and AVB came in. Obviously, a young manager that hasn't proved anything yet, can't just walk into a top club and let the youngsters play. That's why he played the established players and McEachran went back to play for our youth teams, which was a step back. AVB was on the brink of getting sacked from the first day he came in, then the dressing room was turning against him. It was only a matter of time and he'd be foolish to start playing youngsters then. Maybe, if McEachran was 17 now and had a manager like Chelsea do now, he'd be able to make it. What I'm trying to say is that their cases are totally different, you have to keep all the circumstances in mind, because every player has a different story.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

I was just saying that it's important that Loftus-Cheek follows a different path by learning from Josh. He needs Mourinho's faith, and a good and positive atmosphere at the club - something McEachran didn't necessarily have.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@juan

You mean like that time when he let Lukaku take penalty against Bayern and it was the most laziest penalty i have seen in my life ?

Exactly when we are in comfort Loftus should be given time . I am sure he will be top class player . He is under Joses supervision now and Jose never pulls a player from academy to present him as some sort of sports car and then put him back in garage , unless he sees something special in them. He has duty now to make Loftus regular and I think he will him top player . We need more english players .

Ancelotti was doing great job with youth development , especially with McEahran , carefully integrating them but then like you said , AVB , just killed progress that has been made and started from scratch .

Speaking of McEachran . He made assist over weekend to Bertrand Traore .

https://vine.co/v/euZUx6mxdaY

Bertrand Traore right now is on streak . 10 goals 3 assists in 13 games ever since he was switched from wing to Center forward . I think another competition for Bamford .

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Chelsea U19s are Champions of Europe . Won it 3-2 . Izzy Brown and Dominic Solanke on score sheet .

• History

Chelsea U19s are Champions of Europe . Won it 2-0 . Izzy Brown and Dominic Solanke on score sheet .

Chelsea U19s are Champions of Europe . Won it 3-2 . Izzy Brown and Dominic Solanke on score sheet .

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

KTBFFH! Well done lads!