Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Was Messi Imitating Maradona To get more famous ?
elsolo10 9 years ago
1 0

None forget how Lionel Messi embarrases Getafe as he dribbles through them with ease and scores a wonderful goal just like Maradona did to England in the World Cup. But was that just coincidence ? Didn't messi know that by trying to imitate maradona he will be more famous ? In 1987, a year and two days after Argentina's Diego Maradona scored what would later be voted as the best goal in World Cup history, Lionel Messi was born. The Barcelona striker and fellow Argentine has been named by Maradona as his successor, and on Wednesday, two months shy of his 20th birthday, Mr. Messi paid homage. His goal for Barcelona in the semifinals of the Spanish Cup against Getafe was an astonishing bit of mimicry, hewing closely to the lofty standard set by Maradona as he scored the quarterfinal's clincher en route to a World Cup triumph. "The two players, both left-footed, short, stocky and deceptively quick, traced virtually the same course across two of the world's most emblematic football fields -- Maradona at Mexico City's Aztec Stadium, Messi at Barcelona's Nou Camp," Sid Lowe writes in the Daily Telegraph. After pausing to note that, yes, the Spanish Cup is a far cry from the World Cup, Mr. Lowe adds, "Both men ran for just over 10 seconds, Maradona covering 62 metres, Messi 60, both touched the ball 13 times and beat six rivals, dashing past five of them and shooting home past the sixth." The question now is : Was Messi Imitating Maradona To get more famous ? Will the student Match The master ?

Maradona vs messi : who's the master ? https://youtu.be/GptXkvKJ4ZU

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol, it doesn't matter if he was trying to imitate Maradona or not. The fact is that Messi is the only one who can perform anything like Maradona's goal of the century. It also seems unlikely that Leo would be like "I should imitate the Goal of the Century if I want to be famous"...

By the way, if you carefully watch both Diego and Leo, you'll notice that the only things that they have in similar are a short stature and quick feet. Their playing styles aren't that similar at all. Messi tends to dribble around players with finesse, prefers long balls and complicated through balls, and always shoots with a little bit of curl on the ball. Maradona preferred to dribble through opponents with force, took heavier touches on the ball, made passes at the last minute to open team mates, and had a ferocious shot that didn't waver from its path much. Messi is a shy character who tends to disappear from the match if he does not have space and requires skilled team mates to perform, whereas Maradona was always filled with massive amounts of confidence and would take the ball from as deep as he needed to and carry his team to victory by himself (basically a one-man wrecking machine). They are not similar as much as people make them out to be.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lol, it doesn't matter if he was trying to imitate Maradona or not. The fact is that Messi is the only one who can perform anything like Maradona's goal of the century. It also seems unlikely that Leo would be like "I should imitate the Goal of the Century if I want to be famous"...

By the way, if you carefully watch both Diego and Leo, you'll notice that the only things that they have in similar are a short stature and quick feet. Their playing styles aren't that similar at all. Messi tends to dribble around players with finesse, prefers long balls and complicated through balls, and always shoots with a little bit of curl on the ball. Maradona preferred to dribble through opponents with force, took heavier touches on the ball, made passes at the last minute to open team mates, and had a ferocious shot that didn't waver from its path much. They are not similar as much as people make them out to be.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Imitating Maradona? Not that it would matter but No. In my opinion the "student" already matches the "teacher" in general performance. He's clearly the best player in the world and has been so for quite a couple of years now. He shows his brilliance in match after match. Just look at yesterdays copa de america match against Paraguay. Involved in 5 goals.. What a player..

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn has said it all.

I have to say yesterday against Para, Messi showed the leadership that people has cricticized him for sometimes... Despite not scoring... that performance gave you eyes orgasm

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Maradona could only be proud of those Messi-esque performences...

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

" It also seems unlikely that Leo would be like "I should imitate the Goal of the Century if I want to be famous"... "

I think this said it all. I do NOT want to be disrespectful, but this was kinda stupid topic, considering how obvious it is. Well, I now realised that this was your video & you wanted some views. It's fine, but I don't think this is the right way to do it.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

On a different note...does anyone else think that elsolo10's picture looks like Tyrion Lannister from GoT?

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Oh yeah, just casually imitate Maradona's goal... .