Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who was better?
DrunkenMonkey 9 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

Who was a better striker in their prime for Liverpool.

Suarez or Torres

Comments
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's hard to choose, I remember Torres was a nightmare back then for every team, but he was a poacher. Suarez however scare the opponents in different ways and he's very tricky to face. I would pick Suarez

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I choose Torres over Suarez any day.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Torres. He was unstoppable and terrifying. He also didn't get banned as often. :)

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Torres by far. I think if Suarez would have stayed a couple more seasons at Liverpool he would have reached Torres' level. Lets not Torres was nominated for the Ballon d Or' in 2008. He was a best striker back then.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Torres . Was powerful , strong , very technical and simply unstoppable player . He was like a tornado . I always hated to watch Chelsea play against Liverpool , purely because of Torres . Also lets remember Torres was the player who was giving hard time to Vidic, Ferdinand , Terry . Big tough and best defenders in EPL . IF only His knees did not give up . His movements never look the same since.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Torres . Was powerful strong and unstoppable player . He was like a tornado . I always hated to watch Chelsea play against Liverpool , purely because of Torres . Also lets remember Torres was the player who was giving hard time to Vidic, Ferdinand , Terry . Big tough and best defenders in EPL . IF His knees did not give up . His movements never look the same since.

Torres . Was powerful strong and unstoppable player . He was like a tornado . I always hated to watch Chelsea play against Liverpool , purely because of Torres . Also lets remember Torres was the player who was giving hard time to Vidic, Ferdinand , Terry . Big tough and best defenders in EPL . IF only His knees did not give up . His movements never look the same since.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I think it's Torres.

iamRDM 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

torres didnt bite other players, so yes, torres was better

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Always Torres. He use to put his whole body on the line during his prime at Liverpool. Suarez is good, but he was such a diver back then!

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Fernando Torres 102 games 65 goals
Luis Suarez 110 games 69 goals

They were pretty much even. One just had a better reputation.

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Torres was very deathly

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rai

The EPL Torres played in was much more difficult than the EPL Suarez played in. The times have changed. Torres' record is more impressive for me.

• History

@Rai

The EPL Torres played in was much more difficult than the EPL Suarez played in. The times have changed.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Dyn: please keep in mind that the Liverpool that Suarez played in were NOT the same Liverpool. No one did fear them until he and (the SAS) performed well. Most of their best star was either old or quite mediocre, that Liverpool has gone through a hard time too without any major trophy.

Comparing them by saying one was more difficult than the other is a bit unfair dont you think?

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

^i agree and disagree

the EPL before 2010 was way more harder and unpredictable, even in the UCL they were dominating, now its only chelsea. But i agree that torres had in-form Gerrard, kuyt and Xabi Alonso and much more players, while suarez had sturridge who were pairing pretty good tbh.

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Well I wouldn't say EPL was harder few years ago. But there were always 4 teams which fight for the title. I'm still going to say Torres was better.
Suarez record vs top teams.
2013-14 – 23 goals, 0 against top four. (Four matches).
2012-13 – 30 goals, 4 against top four. (Eight matches).
2011-12 – 17 goals, 2 against top four. (Eight matches).
2010-11 – 4 goals, 0 against top four. (Three matches).
Torres was much bigger thread than Suarez, for me at least.

• History

Well I wouldn't say EPL was harder few years ago. But there were always 4 teams which fight for the title. I'm still going to say Torres was better.
Suarez record vs top teams.
2013-14 – 23 goals, 0 against top four. (Four matches).

2012-13 – 30 goals, 4 against top four. (Eight matches).

2011-12 – 17 goals, 2 against top four. (Eight matches).

2010-11 – 4 goals, 0 against top four. (Three matches).

Torres was much bigger thread than Suarez, for me at least.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i like both. both are very good strikers. so i would pick torres.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited

Yes, I agree with the fact that back then the competition was much higher, all top 4 or 5 were relatively on top form... and Torres still shined.

But again, like Rayrex7 said, they also had much better squad compare to Suarez time, and Suarez did drag the team along, Torres didn't. It's hard cuz Torres was really really good back then.

Think about it now, it's even harder to choose

• History

Yes, I agree with the fact that back then the competition was much higher, all top 4 or 5 were relatively on top form... and Torres still shined.

But again, like Rayrex7 said, they also had much better squad compare to Suarez time, and Suarez did drag the team along, Torres didn't. It's hard cuz Torres was really really good back then.

Think about it now, yeah I probably would go for Torres too

Think about it now, yeah I probably would change and go for Torres too

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

Torres IMHO; but both are equally good.