Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why do people expect Arsenal to challenge for the Title
liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

they haven't bought any players expect goalkeeper the only team i think will challenge is man united

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Because Arsenal will always be one of the teams to challenge the title. Its true that they've fallen behind and have been 3rd or 4th almost every season for the past 6+ years, but they've surely gotten better and have quality players like Alexis, Ozil, Santi, etc who can be creative enough. Now if you add an amazing goalkeeper who can rescue you around 12 points a season you are looking at finishing 2nd or maybe 1st if other results go your way. I think this season in the EPL will be great and competitive (I hope) with Chelsea United City and Arsenal all fighting to win the league. I really doubt Spurs or Liverpool will challenge the top 4 seriously.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

All the jokes about Sterling's transfer aside, City have only strengthened, and I see no reason why they are not top three this upcoming season. Much of Arsenal's success came towards the end of last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue. If Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott, and Ozil all have great years, there is no reason why Arsenal shouldn't win. Chelsea will likely regress slightly domestically due to more focus on Europe this year, and United is still a year away.

Should be a great title chase, and ruling out any major team before the season even starts is unwise.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

Just to add more drama Chelsea's another victorious season . EPL has become one horse race .

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

^I think you confuse EPL with Bundesliga....

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Because they have a fantastic squad, it's as simple as that. Ozil, Sanchez, Cech, Ramsey..... the list goes on. I'm also predicting the Ox to have a massive season and be nominated for POTY.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

just because we just bought 2 players up till now we are not title contenders? see your squad ffs. last season going shopping spree was a good move aite? and look where u are at the end of last season. we dont pay stupid massive money for unproven players. get it?

Gustavo 9 years ago
Liverpool 2 234

Lol raimondo praising Alexis, Ozil, Santi just cause they're ex la liga players.

Fru_Toot 9 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

To be honest arsenal only need a DM and a striker to compete. Apparently benzema is on his way to arsenal check his Instagram post lol. Also arsenal need better left back and right backs. Debuchy isn't good enough and bellerin is quality but I doubt he'll have the experience in the big games vs bayern or barca. Monreal had a good season last year but I don't think he's good enough too. Gibbs used to be good but now he's injury prone. The rest of the team is stacked.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

And what do you expect from Liverpool this season if I may know?

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Gustavo I just named a few players that popped in my head who are currently the best ones at Arsenal. And notice i said creative. La Liga has nothing to do with me naming them.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Wenger can get his tactics right against the big teams, then yeah, they have the ability to be title contenders. They certainly haven't gotten any worse over the transfer window, and I expect Wenger to purchase another player or two.

rampage 9 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

@ashwin

At least Bundesliga fans are not in denial of being one horse race league ...

ashwin1729 9 years ago

Except for last year, and the year United won, the EPL was usually a closely competed contest. So do explain how it was an one horse race....

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ashwin

You're wasting your time, mate. Should probably just end this topic right here.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@rampage

That is very bias . I wont even touch this topic .

Topic is why Arsenal title contenders . I think should have been title contenders last year with squad they have but there is always something that prevents from winning leagues. I can't wait to know what it will be this season .

Wenger is never winning league with Giroud , without world class CDM ( Conquelin has not prove nothing ) and defenders like Metersacker he has at his disposal . That is my honest opinion that I am very confident will be true .

ashwin1729 9 years ago

@Dyn: Agreed mate!

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

" Conquelin has not prove nothing " I think writing "Conquelin" instead of "Coquelin" opens a lot of this comment, I highly doubt you've ever seen him play. He was better than Matic last season, period. Doesn't mean he doesn't have to continue the form, he obviously has to.

I think Arsenal have decent squad, lots of great players & a few top class too. Continuity certainly helps too, as players know each other playing for years together. Yep, Arsenal are probably striker & cdm away from challenging for the title, considering that it's highly possible that Coquelin would get injured during the season & Arteta isn't good enough to cover him against big teams. Striker we need would be top class, not mediocre.

Highly doubt we'll sign anyone this summer (other than youngsters Arsenal which have alrdy signed about 7), only possibility would be 31th of August if Benzema would be going cheaply, because of possible reasons that I don't know yet.

Fru_Toot 9 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

Who else thinks monreal and bellerin aren't good enough full backs to win the league? Bellerin is promising but he's too young.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Monreal got good season, but I have to agree with you that LB is our weak point. On Bellerin, he was fanstastic, and we still have Chambers/Debuchy for a cover. And Jenkinson is still on loan again, not sure if he cam be called back through the season but our right position is in good hands I think. What we need is a striker..

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

@everyone i know liverpool is shit so don't tell me that we are shit because i know