{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why Do You Support Your Club?
billywalendom 10 years ago
21 186

NEW THREAD: Why you started supporting your club

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I have a feeling they were the first club I knew... but mainly because Chelsea appealed to me straight away. Ive never supported a different club ever.

Tuanis 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

My grandpa used to follow premier league a lot so I grew up watching EPL and United a lot.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

My grandpa used to follow premier league a lot so I grew up watchin EPL and United a lot.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

A statistical analysis shows that the sports team you tend to support more is always because you get more exposure to them. So traditionally, if a young sports fan gets exposure to the EPL for the first time, and the first game he watches is Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal, chances are that he's going to be a Chelsea supporter.

____________________ 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 8 72

^ Well thats the meaning of a glory hunter then. Before I jumped straight to Arsenal I researched the clubs history and tradition. Also I watched Henry in the WC in 2002 which I loved see him play and I knew he played at Arsenal so I chose Arsenal.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

My dad watched a lot of EPL back in the day, and EPL was also the only league we had copyright at the time. Thus, I followed them since Eric time, then Beckham, then Ronaldo... all the legendary 7.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I started supporting Chelsea FC back in 1996, I loved Zola so much as a kid. Supporting glory clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus, Roma, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona & Real Madrid was an easy choice to go for if you are a glory hunter since they have already won many major trophies, so nothing can go wrong. Arsenal were almost there too. Chelsea on the other hand were the underdogs and that's why I loved them even more. I'm a dreamer by nature and very passionate for football I love challenges. My soul belongs to London and Stamford Bridge Stadium and my love to Chelsea fc is so deep that I have never supported other club but them my whole life. In 1998 we almost won the Premier League once more but ended up 3rd with 3 points behind Manchester United, But winning the UEFA super cup made it up for me when we won against the giants Real Madrid in Monaco. We have never been below 6th on the table since then. All these clubs I've mentioned had a wealthy owners therefore more success and when Roman Abramovich bought our club I was so excited because that meant more challenge and time for revenge against all those big giants and then we got stronger and stronger and won more major trophies and stopped being the underdogs. Once a blue, forever blue! COME ON CHELSEA!!!

Argjent 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

In those days,if you don't watch football,you are not a human haha! :D

charlie33 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 188

Well I stareted watching the premier league and I liked arsenals style of play.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Rivaldo, hate of Madrid reign on Football, Anti-Franco I lived in French Cataluna, I was supporting Barça while all the kids in my family were Raul/Madrid fans, it was like '' me against the world at that time '', while growing Madrid turned into Galacticos while Barça were in serious financial issues, i loved everything in this team, their south American players trademark ( Maradonna, Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo... ), their no add logo on their shirt who made them so unique for a long time before money becomes that important in the game.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Rivaldo, hate of Madrid reign on Football, Anti-Franco I was supporting Barça while all the kids in my family were Raul/Madrid fans, it was like '' me against the world at that time '', while growing Madrid turned into Galacticos while Barça were in serious financial issues, i loved everything in this team, their south American players trademark ( Maradonna, Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo... ), their no add logo on their shirt who made them so unique for a long time before money becomes that important in the game.
True Barça fans have lived the part where we were underdogs fighting for a CL place and being in midtable at times, nowadays its so easy to become a fan of Barça.

Rivaldo, hate of Madrid reign on Football, Anti-Franco I was supporting Barça while all the kids in my family were Raul/Madrid fans, it was like '' me against the world at that time '', while growing Madrid turned into Galacticos while Barça were in serious financial issues, i loved everything in this team, their south American players trademark ( Maradonna, Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo... ), their no add logo on their shirt who made them so unique for a long time before money becomes that important in the game.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

The King Henry-Because of him back in 2002,I started supporting Arsenal.He was best player for me in that time. I've seen that Arsenal played good in that time.I liked their red color of shirts.We was good.Before that I watched Croatian league,their clubs are good now.In 2010 I started supporting Arsenal more and more.And to today their is Croatian football war in my family.My brother and me (Arsenal) vs. dad (Chelsea,for God's sake,and of course some Cro clubs).

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

My friend made me support barca and also barca were the first team I knew

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Actually Barca was first team that I heard of,and started supporting them.But I've seen for amazing Premier League,I couldn't stop myself,I started supporting Arsenal. I still like them,when Suarez come it gonna be good.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

when i was around 8 everybody was supporting the popular clubs but i kinda noticed Valencia playing vs a Swedish team in CL play-off and i liked their play style but most of all, Estadio Mestalla!

SternDesSuedens 10 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317

Born and raised in Bavaria. I'd say 95% of my hometown are supporters of Bayern Munich. Even my grandma watches every CL match :P

Ihaveabbc 10 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

DrunkenMonkey 10 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

local club, nobody can call me a glory hunter

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Because of this man, hero, legend.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ronaldinho