Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will Modric Be Missed?
Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If we have Isco, then Modric won't be missed as much. He is still one of the best midfielders in the entire world, and his absence is guaranteed to have an impact.

billywalendom 9 years ago
21 186

@Dynastian98 Exactly what I was thinking, even though he is in great form, Isco could be benched if Modric is healthy. What sort of impact are you referring to?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

His loss would make us lose the slick movements and awareness that he possesses at the center of the pitch. His partnership with Kroos is excellent, and I'm not convinced Isco can play for Modric (he can play for Bale or James just fine, but Modric is a hard one to replace). We'll see how it goes. We shouldn't do too much worse than how we've been performing.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhmn.... I think he will be missed more than you guys think, I dont see Isco can boss the midfield as 60% of what Modric can, Isco has a different skill set but still too young for that. Kroos can share the task fine, but against strong team without Modric you might face the lacking MDF issue again...

May be Im wrong, but he's just too good not to be missed. :D

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I agree with tuan

Modric has something that isco lacks in the midfield plus lacks the. Connection with kroos is also a fatal blow, but Isco is still an amazing player but he needs to think of the team first than himself

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I think that he will be missed, both Isco and Kroos are great mids, but Modric is special at Real. His passes build whole actions, he has extreme accuracy and vision. Also heard that Illara gonna play ahead of Khedira, that Ancelotti don't wanna put in squad. Maybe it will be some mistakes and slower play in midfield, but I'm sure that Ancelotti will find way to keep great mid without of him for month.

Argjent 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

He will be missed sure,he is amazing player.But Real Madrid has Isco and Kroos,and i think they can do amazing job too.I hope Modric will come soon

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He will be missed sure,he is amazing players.But Real Madrid has Isco and Kroos,and i think they can do amazing job too.I hope Modric will come soon

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhmn, the sad news is: he will be out of action for 3 months... that's a lot :(

"The Croatian FA have confirmed that the injury sustained by Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric will keep him on the sidelines until February."

This is a huge blow for RM, and a joy for other competitors. I think Ancelotti will have a hard time to deal with it, but certainly he can. For football fans, it's a huge blow too, the guy is a joy to watch...

MacScot 9 years ago
Rangers, Scotland 1 30

Modric has that box to box workrate that not many in the Madrid team can manage, Isco is a fine replacement and will do well i'm sure, he needs the game time as well.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well it depends on Isco, on how he will take his chance, but IMO Modric will be missed.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Modric and Isco arent exactly at the same position, its like asking Cesc to cover Xavi, Isco's skills would not suit the defensive role Modric has in midlefield and the fluidity of passing.
Modric make the pass as fast as he see it, Isco control the ball, go forward or try to combine with an attacking player.
Madrid has incredible depth, in defense and attack, but in Modric position they had Alonso ( sold ), Illara ( didnt get full confidence ) and Khedira ( amazing player imo, punished by the board for preaseson contract incident ).

Well, big blow ? Until February, Madrid squad is above any current rival until this date, if they could lose few points to keep excitement till the the end, it would be good for other teams.

Get well soon Modric, at the end its just a sport, wont wish someone to get hurt for sportive results...

Edit : Except Pepe :).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Modric and Isco arent exactly at the same position, its like asking Cesc to cover Xavi, Isco's skills would not suit the defensive role Modric has in midlefield and the fluidity of passing.
Modric make the pass as fast as he see it, Isco control the ball, go forward or try to combine with an attacking player.
Madrid has incredible depth, in defense and attack, but in Modric position they had Alonso ( sold ), Illara ( didnt get full confidence ) and Khedira ( amazing player imo, punished by the board for preaseson contract incident ).

Well, big blow ? Until February, Madrid squad is above any current rival until this date, if they could lose few points to keep excitement till the the end, it would be good for other teams.

Get well soon Modric, at the end its just a sport, wont wish someone to get hurt for sportive results...

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

The Kroos - Modric partnership has been the best midfield pairing in world football this season. So yes, he will be missed.

Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Isco can easily replace him. Isco is one of the best midfielders in the world and for me and many people he is the best Spanish midfielder at the moment.

Real Madrid 33 1388

Dont forget we have our reserve mid Illarramendi. And we also have Khedira (which we almost never use and he will leave us in January). We also have our youth players Diego Llorente en Alvaro Medran who are ready to play. Medran already played a couple of matches as sub. Pepe can also play as a mid. In the Mou era, he was a defensive mid sometimes.

Real Madrid 33 1388

We have many options!! so calm down. Get well soon Luka!

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Losing Modric is a huge loss for us, however, we can at the very least see Isco in action.

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@Iraqi true that we have great replacements but our replacements aside of illara and khedira, are attacking minded.

We need players that can control the midfield and stop the opposition counterattacks which was modric and xabis job,

Isco can replace James any day but modric is a key player just like ronaldo imo

Well it's too early to judge, we need to see the first two or more matches than continue this forum

Amino Lula :)