Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Read this if you can't watch videos
FootyRoom 10 years ago
36 175

Some of you might be aware of 512K problem happened on 12th August. If not, then search for it on google. Since that day Internet has been unstable for some people. Many have complained that videos on FR no longer load. It happened to us too.

We discovered that our internet connection settings had DNS set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which is a well known public DNS provided by Google. After removing those settings, and just leaving the computer to acquire DNS servers automatically, videos started to work once again.

The link bellow described how to change DNS settings on different platforms. In this link they tell you how to change DNS to 8.8.8.8. Instead of doing that, you need to remove that setting if it is set.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Let us know if it helped.

Comments
bambamlfc 10 years ago
Liverpool FC, Australia 0 1

My settings were never set to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. Please post a way to start watching videos again if you find a fix. I'm using chrome with all the latest java, flash player, etc. I just want to watch videos.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yep it certainly helped. Thanks

Blackgrim23 10 years ago
Manchester United, Saudi Arabia 0 32

Mine were never set to the Google public DNS and the videos still not working.. any ideas about the problem? using chrome btw

ConnorWickham 9 years ago
Sunderland, England U21 13 45

I can

Zakzook 9 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

I can't watch any video when I use linux, any idea?

sujith31 9 years ago
Manchester United, India 0 1

I am from India and FootyRoom was not working for last few months. After going through these steps, It worked! Thanks!!

rizkiadrian 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Indonesia 0 1

My chrome stopped playing videos from FR this past 2 weeks or so. I havent changed anything on my ipad mini. I tried to change the dns, but to no avail. Please help !

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Change browser, do ctrl+f5

aixorigin 8 years ago
Marseille, France 1 1

Hi guys,

I tryed to fix with DNS but not working. Maybe you guys have an other solution ? I'm from France and I watch videos here for 5 years. It is the first time I have a problem... Using Chrome btw.

Thanks !

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@Aixorigin

Same problem here, for me it works when Ad Block is deactivated, the loading is pretty slow, sometimes around 1min before the video starts, but it works...

toxiquesalad 8 years ago
Bordeaux, France 0 1

That didn't help,

I couldn't watch the videos since a month until I found out that the problem was just an anti-adblock protection.

It would have been nice to let us know about this.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Not working for me...

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

me too..

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ok so I'm not the only one. Anyone know how to resolve the issue?

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i need to pause adblock in order to watch though.. that seems to be the only way for me..

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@Dynastian

Deactivate Adblock + clear your cache, and retry, or try in anonymous mode ctrl+shift+n, if it doesn't work maybe you have some other plugins or extensions (Avast ?) installed on your browser that block the content...

The only way for me to watch the videos is using the anonymous mode, but it's really annoying if you want to let a comment...