Home
Forum
Latest News
Exclusive: Tottenham should demand £70million for Modric
    [England]
    Graham Roberts believes Tottenham should demand £70million from Chelsea for the services of Luka Modric.

The Croatian midfielder looks set to hand in a transfer request to force through a move to the Blues after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy stated earlier this month that Modric would not be allowed to leave.

Now the ex-Lilywhites defender has claimed that his former club will set a dangerous precedent if they alter their stance and let the playmaker make move the move across London.

Speaking to Hawksbee and Jacobs, Roberts said: “I don’t think £35million is enough [for Modric]. How much would it cost to get a replacement for him?

"He’s Tottenham’s best player, so why should they sell their best player for £35million to Chelsea. If they want him they should pay £60-70million.
    "Every player can say ‘well if you don’t let me go I’m going to sulk’ but, if you let one player get away, you’re going to let lots of players get away with it.

“Somebody has got to make a stand and I think Daniel Levy is doing the right thing. If Daniel Levy lets Luka Modric do what he wants this year, then it’ll be someone else next year who wants to leave. Tottenham will then just be a selling club again and we don’t want to be a selling club, we want to be a top four club.”
    3 years, 0 months ago
    Comments
    [Manchester United, Russia]
    The prices are crazy these days! I can't believe the asking price for Stewart Downing is 25 million now!!! I honestly think he worth 10 million maximum. If Liverpool are gonna get Downing that means they've spent 45 million on Henderson and Downing!!
    3 years, 0 months ago
  • +2
    [Niger U21, Niger]
    hahahahahahahaha!
    3 years, 0 months ago
  • +2
    [Manchester United, Greece]
    Luka Modric is a good player but the the price is stupid
    3 years, 0 months ago
  • +1
    [Chelsea, Russia]
    So Modric is almost as good as C.Ronaldo? The price is really stupid. All prices have been very stupid lately.
    3 years, 0 months ago
    [Aston Villa, England]
    £70 million? How about if there were rules in football to limit transfers to £1 million? And players' wages to something like £70,000 per year? (not to mention similar changes in the rest of society in general, but I guess that's for another kind of forum!)

I love the game itself but money has ruined football. I hope the financial fairplay rules which are supposedly coming soon will make a significant difference but I won't be surprised if the don't. I don't know the details yet.

For example, 14 of the 20 teams in the Premier League now have virtually no chance of even finishing 4th. Not because of any lack of effort or team spirit on their part, just because they have far less money than the super rich "Sky teams" (including their newcomer, Man City).
    2 years, 11 months ago
    login to reply
    Copyright 2014 FootyRoom