Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Chanakya999 10 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

Recently, there has been a viral activity called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Its goal is to promote awareness about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

I have attached a compilation of famous football players that have taken part in this challenge.

I did this challenge this morning and it was really fun.

Feel free to post videos of other football players doing this.

Comments
CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

LOL Ballotelli reaction...priceless..

Chanakya999 10 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

^ Ikr

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

dat ronaldo

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

This chain lost its point, most of them dont even mention what the challenge is for.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Charlie Sheen Like a boss!

jvh1312 10 years ago
Ajax, Brazil 14 171

The iceman in his natural habitat

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Where I live, this ice challenge finished like a month ago but know all the stars are doing it.

JuanMata10 10 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Charlie Sheen xD!!!

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@Tuanis spot on. Some ppl don't even donate, just doing it because of the bandwagon.

The whole idea of this thing is great though, because there are ppl who donate after doing this. According to some, 31 million dollars has been donated, and that's really huge money for great cause.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@JuanMata10: The God of Football has done the Ice Bucket Challenge. It's over, we win (but keep doing it to raise awareness!).

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

And then, there's Ajax!

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Spot on Tuanis, this is to raise awareness together will donation... now people do it because it's trendy and cool and shit...

Vendetta 10 years ago

^I don't see what's the problem with it being trendy and cool? Many do it because it's a thing everyone is doing now but in the end they still donate. So what's better, getting some a couple of thousand people who explain what ALS is and then do it, or having a hundred thousand (including many celebrities) do it for the trendiness and views and raise awareness much more?

I'm not saying it's okay for the people doing the challenge to not understand what are they raising awareness for (which I doubt many don't know by now.) but they are still donating in the end. What's there to hate?

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

We should run another campaign " Stop wasting water " .

The problem is that so many celebrities have raised awareness with ice bucket challenge but only 22 million dollar has been raised . This is just celebrities not talking about other 100s of thousands of people around the world from 1st World Countries doing it for fun of it . While millions of people in Middle east , Africa and Asia and some parts of South America drink less than a litter of water a day . SMH fuked up world .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We should run another campaign " Stop wasting water " .

The problem is that so many celebrities have raised awareness with ice bucket challenge but only 22 million dollar has been raised . This just celebrities not talking about other 100s of thousands of people around the world doing it for fun of it . While millions of people in Middle east , Africa and Asia and some parts of South America drink less than a litter of water a day . SMH fuked up world .

Vendetta 10 years ago

You're evidence is wrong though, @Marcus. $31.5 has been raised (and the money keeps growing) and they all came from 637,527 donors. People doing the challenge are definitely donating. Those who have done the challenge but not donated are just a handful of the scumbags who are part of the trend.

On the water issue, yes, I agree that is another global issue but it's already being solved (since the 20th century). ALS doesn't have as much awareness as the other global issues in the world which is why this thing is blowing up.

How can you guys take any negatives from this?

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@ven

What is the solution for fresh water ?

Vendetta 10 years ago

Hell, if I knew I wouldn't be here right now!

But I could also ask what is the solution for Lou Gehrig's Disease? These are mysteries we are trying to solve and hopefully, we will. But seeing things like these ice bucket videos connect us as human beings and show us the good in the world. And that's the first step to solving these cases.

The solution for fresh water for everyone still hasn't been solved but it's getting there. Scientists, researchers and donors have been trying to accomplish that goal for half a century now, so they're a step ahead of cases like a solution to ALS.

But thanks to the popularity of social media, both are raising awareness receiving much more donations than ever before. So hooray for humanity!

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Some people are amazing criticising and finding the smallest bit of wrong in something so good.

This is an awareness campaign that has raised a ton of money for a great cause but noo... Now people have to complain about water because it is being wasted with the challenge of the ice bucket. Seriously? The fact there is people that doesn't have potable water where they live shouldn't be a topic to discuss, this campaign has raised a lot of money but people still try to see the worst side of it. I know there is people suffering all around the world because of many different issues but that doesn't mean that we need to be miserable our entire lives because of it.

Its not like people would have shipped the water over to those waterless places instead of using it for the campaign, drinking it or wasting it wouldn't have made the smallest difference for those who dont have it.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

^+1, and I agree that everyone should mention what Ice Bucket Challenge is for.

Anyway, here's Moyes' .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^+1, and I agree that they should mention what Ice Bucket Challenge is for.

Anyway, here's Moyes' .

Has anyone nominated Lord Bendtner ? I wish someone would.

^+1, and I agree that everyone should mention what Ice Bucket Challenge is for.

Anyway, here's Moyes' .

Has anyone nominated Lord Bendtner ? I wish someone would.